“First Time at this Hotel, and I am Now a Fan” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #21 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“First Time at this Hotel, and I am Now a Fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I tend to stay at luxury hotels. I really enjoyed this hotel for 1 night. Quiet on 18th floor, pool was large, weight room acceptable, free wi-fi and free business lounge with printer was key. 40" HDTV was really nice. Will stay here again whenever have early meeting on Brickell Avenue. Nicely appointed room and public spaces too. Extremely helpful front desk and concierge. Valet was efficient even at $29 overnight.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Great hotel, great service but not cheap either. We visited the hotel in December 2009 and stayed for 2 nights. A very elegant business hotel with good food. The location is not the best as it is in downtown Miami which is not the nicest place to be as a tourist. Not much to do or see after 7pm. But if you are looking for a great business hotel with a business center in downtown and price is not an issue, you found your place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the JW Marriott for 4 days and we had a great time. The room was very clean and the staff was excellent. The hotel amenities were wonderful. You will not go wrong by choosing this hotel. We have plans to stay there again later on this year. Excellent hotel....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

This is an excellent hotel, rooms are very nice, staff was very nice. The resturants were failry pricy, but the food was good. Their pool was interesting and enjoyable. It is on the 7th floor and is all stainless steel. This gave a unique experience in swimming and it was very well maintained. The water was just like fresh water and you could not smell or feel the chlorine in the pool.

Parking is also fairly expensive, but this is in downtown Miami, so it is actually comparable to others close by.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Just stayed one night. Was fortunate to get a corner room with a water view, and the room and view were very agreeable! I didn't have any meals, nor did I have enough time to try out the facilities in general, so my review is based primarily on one night in the room. Bed was very comfortable and linens were excellent.

My complaints are relatively minor, but for a hotel at this level, one expects top-notch.
- As a Marriott member, I requested foam pillows, but didn't get them
- the wireless, though free (bravo, about time hotels quit gouging travelers for wireless!), but it took an unreasonable half hour just to get the damn thing to work! I was not alone, as it took my colleague even longer, so it doesn't seem to be limited to my computer challenges
- the in room coffee was lousy, and can't they offer real coffee mugs??

Overall, the location for our needs was just fine - had a nice lunch next door at the Gordon Biersch, and got coffee in the morning from Starbucks. I'd be happy to stay here again if I was coming for business nearby, but probably wouldn't stay if I was in MIA as a tourist.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Augusta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My wife had a conference at this hotel so I tagged along with our 2 year old. The room was nice and clean and the staff was nice. You really have no option but to use the valet parking since there is no parking anywhere around the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Upper Marlboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I visit Miami, mainly South Beach, at least once a year. This time we decided to stay away from the beach so we could enjoy downtown Miami a little more. The JW Marriott was perfect. It seems to be in a banking district, which was fine with us, because it was nice and quiet at night. When we first arrived at the hotel, I was very pleased with what I saw. However, no one helped us with our bags when we pulled up, which was quite a surprise. The lobby of the hotel is very nicely decorated and the front desk staff was very inviting. Our room was perfect. I loved the bathroom, flat screen and computer with free internet access. The pool, spa and fitness center were all great. My only complaint, which isn’t really that bad, is that there was no place for us to store water or other beverages. The refrigerator was set up like a vending machine, so there was no room to put anything else. We did not get to go to any of the restaurants or lounges in the hotel, because we wanted to explore the city. The front desk staff referred us to a local Cuban restaurant called Versailles, which was wonderful. I thought it would be a stuffy, fancy place, but it was quite the opposite, and the food was great. There’s also a Gordon Biersch and Morton’s right across the street from the hotel for a good, quick meal. Overall, my stay at the Marriott was great, and I will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!