“Great Miami Pre Cruise Hotel in the Financial District” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #29 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Miami Pre Cruise Hotel in the Financial District”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

I booked this for one night prior to departing on Carnival Imagination to Nassau, Bahamas. This was a wonderful experience for us. We arrived @ the hotel as all the transfers and baggage handling where included by private bus. We checking in and I opted to upgrade to the Club Level Lounge for $50. We received a room on the upper level with a great view of the city. The club level lounge offers sodas and mixers all day, several newspapers, A hot and cold appetizer bar with beer and wine, and a hot and cold breakfast in the morning. It was replinished as needed and was a great value. The room had a city view with a huge flat screen TV, Computer with free Wi-Fi, desk, Nirvae Botanical toilitries, a very nice bathroom, comfortable, clean bedding, a mini bar, excercise facilities complete with compimentary cranberry juice and saunas, a rooftop pool and hot tub (the hot tub was inoperable and being repaired on our visit), Very nice lounge chairs by the pool. We opted for the restaurant next door "Gordon Bierscht" and had a wonderful meal with out door cafe seating and live music. It was a wonderful experience. The only problem we encountered is there was only one robe in the room and even tho we asked for another one, it never came.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed here for three nights as a pre-cruise stay. Although financial district a bit of a taxi ride to South Beach, the area is very clean and modern. Take a walk to the waters edge just a few steps from hotel, it's lovely. Free internet in rooms, great TV, free bottled water, great view, comfortable beds, spotlessly clean,supermarket close by.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at this JW Marriott. Our suite was wonderful with 2 Plasma screens and a large balcony with sea view.... The concierge lounge is very nice. You can enjoy nice appetizers, beer and wine... The breakfast is also very nice!
Very good service. The pool is cool.
Very handy is the free of charge metro line is Miami Downtown.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

October 22, 2009 – I had the opportunity to spend one night at the JW Marriott Hotel in Miami Florida while on business in the area. I wish that I could have stayed a day or two longer!

Service at the JW was excellent! Every single hotel associate went out of their way to offer a pleasant greeting. The hotel seemed very friendly.

Checking in, I received room #2212, which is on the 22nd floor, also designated the “Presidential Floor.” Getting off of the elevator there is a round presidential seal on the wall and both the Presidential and Vice-Presidential suites are on this floor.

My room reservation was made by a colleague and I received a room with two queen-size beds instead of a king, but it was fine with me. The room was very comfortable in every respect. The air conditioning was quiet and effective and did not blow directly on me when in bed or working at the desk. Lighting in the room was good.

One of the features I liked best about my room was the espresso machine. I don’t know if all the rooms have espresso machines, but it was a treat for me. I made decaf the evening I arrived and used up the four packs of regular the next morning.

The desk had a PC on it, but I travel with my laptop so I did not use it. Because the hotel charges for high speed internet, I used my T-Mobile wireless connection so I cannot comment on the speed or reliability of the hotel’s internet service. My room had a very large flat screen TV mounted to the wall. Only standard definition programming was available.

The bathroom was very nice, with a glassed-in combination tub and shower. This was the first JW Marriott that I have stayed in where there was not a separate shower. The bath amenities seemed to be high quality. The towels were thick and very absorbent. Lighting was OK for me, but my wife would probably have said it was not bright enough. There was a TV in the bathroom, but it showed through the mirror so it was very dim, especially when the both lights were on. Water pressure was high and hot water flowed immediately.

There was a large leather arm chair between one of the beds and windows. It was very comfortable. There being no ottoman, I used the edge of the bed. Because the room had two queen-size beds, there was not room for an ottoman or a coffee table.

My room, #2212 faced east and had a partial view of Biscayne Bay and Miami Beach in the distance. I say partial, because there were several tall buildings between the hotel and bay. However, the view was good from my 22nd floor room.

The one queen-size bed that I used was very comfortable. The bedding was high quality and the pillows smelled fresh. On the night stand between the two beds was a combination CD player and clock radio. I tried for about five minutes to figure out how to set the alarm, but finally gave up and asked for a wake-up call. The wake-up call was by a person, not a machine. The only place near the beds to plug my cell phone charger in was behind the night stand, a minor inconvenience.

My colleague and I arrived just before the concierge lounge closed, but were in time for desert. There were several selections including individual chocolate cake that must likely boasted over 1,000 calories. It was very good! The buffet breakfast in the lounge offered scrambled eggs and bacon as well as a wide assortment of fruit, breads, and juices. The coffee was excellent and the concierge even offered to brew espresso for guests.

I visited the spa, but only to take a few photos of the exercise room. The exercise room overlooks the outdoor swimming pool. The equipment looked very new. Exercise towels and water were set out. The treadmills and stationary bikes faced windows that looked out onto the pool area. There was an adjoining room with weight equipment and free weights. The outdoor pool was deserted when I looked, but it looked inviting.

We used valet parking and calling down before I left my room; the rental car was waiting for us. The $27 parking fee is high, but typical of parking charges downtown in just about any major city.

The JW Marriott was very comfortable, the service was excellent and I can recommend it as a hotel that I would like to return to in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

I just wrapped up a 4-night stay at the JW Marriott in Miami. Overall I had a nice stay and would stay here again in the future. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The location is ideal if you are traveling to the banking district (I was) but not so ideal for beach travelers. As other reviewers mention a couple of nice restaurants are located near the hotel but the immediate vicinity around the hotel feels a little “quiet” in the evenings. You can take a 10 minute walk to the Mary Brickell area which is a more lively area with restaurants and shops or cab it to South Beach. The room and bathroom were both spacious and clean. The fitness center at the hotel is very nice for a hotel and had a large selection of exercise equipment. The room I stayed in (7th floor) had a large balcony with a city view which was a nice bonus.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Nice hotel, clean inside. However, be ware that on Thursday and Friday nights a restaurant next door called Gordon Biersch has a live band with very very loud music!!!!! IF you would want to go to sleep early on those nights it may be difficult as the band plays until around 11:00PM.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Month of stay - March 2009
Reviewer - 105584345

The hotel is conveniently located in the banking district and it makes sense to stay there if your office is nearby.

The rooms are very comfortable and convenient with enough space to work in the room if required. The complimentary internet connection is helpful to catch up on work, if required.

Good hotel to stay in if you are a business traveller as the hotel staff is very efficient and are willing to go the extra mile to help you.

The area gets deserted in the evenings but there are a few good restaurants to hang about in the Brickell Village which is only a 7-8 minutes walk from the hotel

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!