“Love the view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 129 hotels in Miami
Homestead, Florida
“Love the view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight at the JW Marriott in Brickell. The view was amazing. It was right across the street from Morton's Steakhouse which the front desk made reservations for us. Everything was clean. The beds were comfortable. I could not say a negative thing about the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Winston Salem, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Got a great Travelocity deal here and was hesitant what room we would end up getting. It was a standard city view room, but very well appointed. Beds were extremely comfortable. Large, beautiful bathroom. Granite countertops in bathroom and on dresser. Service was friendly and professional. Ideal location. Steps from a metro mover station. Would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Good hotel. Rooms are very functional (lots of electric plugs, for example). Gym is very nice, and included in the price. Wi-fi included too.

The area in general is beautiful and great location near downtown. I went jogging and when I came back the door guys offered me cold water.

Good place all around.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed pre cruise, check in lady was rude and v.abrupt. Room was really nice and spacious and v. clean. Ate in bar area on evening food and service excellent. Breakfast was awful, wasn't explained how it worked, no clean bowls for cereal despite asking twice, no English breakfast tea, waiter was no help, couldn't understand that we did not want coffee - for America the service was shocking. Pity as the service the evening before was very good. If I stayed here again (unlikely) I would find somewhere else for breakfast!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We extend our sincerest apologies that you were disappointed by our service and your stay with us. The management teams in the departments you mentioned have been alerted and your insights have been shared directly with them and our associates. If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay and your schedule permits a brief conversation, please call me directly at 305.329.3500
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel right on Miami Downtown, beautiful views and excellent location.
We got a bay view suite, with breathtaking views, the room was really nice, with a quite large (60" ? ) screen, and even a TV embedded on the bathroom mirror.

We were given access to the concierge lounge, which was nice for breakfast since we were almost alone. The breakfast itself was ok, not too much variety, but it was good. Again with an awesome view of the bay.

The reason why i didn't gave 5 star rating to this hotel is due to a couple of annoyances:

- there was a buzzing sound on the room from the bathroom fan, which cannot be switch off.
- Upon our arrival e found a few nail clippings on the bathroom floor (yikes!) from the last guests.
- valet parking was quite expensive (~40 USD per day), but i guess that'd due to being in downtown.

But i will definitely come back, since all in all it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Get a bay view superior room if budget allows.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to our cruise. We arrived around 1pm and were able to check in. The valet staff and front desk staff were very friendly and professional. The lobby is beautiful, everything, both public areas and our room was very clean. Our room was spacious, the king size bed was very comfortable with nice linens. There was a scale in the bathroom, nice touch. I also liked the make up mirror. The hotel is centrally located, a few blocks from a very hip Brickell Ave area with nice selection of restaurants and bars, about 1 1/2 mile from Bayside Marketplace, touristy but fun, with a view of the cruise ships in the distance. The rate at this Marriott was quite a bit less than the at the Marriott closer to the port, and I was very happy with our choice. Breakfast buffet was very well laid out with a wonderful selection of baked goods, an omelette station, fresh fruit, etc. I felt that the $15.00 price was fair for the quality and for the service and view. The only issue we had occurred when I called for bellman service and was told it would take 10 minutes. After 20 minutes I called back and was told it would be longer and I could not be given an estimate, as I was "6th in queue." At that point, my husband and I decided to take our luggage down ourselves. When we mentioned something at the front desk we were treated rather indifferently. I understand that the hotel was very busy with everyone needing to leave at the same time but if I had been given accurate information the first time, I would have avoided the confusion and would not have ended our stay on a sour note. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've stayed here twice - once on business for 3 nights in September 2012, the other time on vacation with my boyfriend for 2 nights in November 2013. On both occasions it was spectacular. A truly glamorous hotel with great staff, exceptional views, a very central location. The rooms are luxurious, sexy, comfortable and extraordinarily spacious.

A bit pricey but COMPLETELY worth the splurge!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ and get an ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!