“Wonderful choice for pre-cruise stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #27 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful choice for pre-cruise stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to our cruise. We arrived around 1pm and were able to check in. The valet staff and front desk staff were very friendly and professional. The lobby is beautiful, everything, both public areas and our room was very clean. Our room was spacious, the king size bed was very comfortable with nice linens. There was a scale in the bathroom, nice touch. I also liked the make up mirror. The hotel is centrally located, a few blocks from a very hip Brickell Ave area with nice selection of restaurants and bars, about 1 1/2 mile from Bayside Marketplace, touristy but fun, with a view of the cruise ships in the distance. The rate at this Marriott was quite a bit less than the at the Marriott closer to the port, and I was very happy with our choice. Breakfast buffet was very well laid out with a wonderful selection of baked goods, an omelette station, fresh fruit, etc. I felt that the $15.00 price was fair for the quality and for the service and view. The only issue we had occurred when I called for bellman service and was told it would take 10 minutes. After 20 minutes I called back and was told it would be longer and I could not be given an estimate, as I was "6th in queue." At that point, my husband and I decided to take our luggage down ourselves. When we mentioned something at the front desk we were treated rather indifferently. I understand that the hotel was very busy with everyone needing to leave at the same time but if I had been given accurate information the first time, I would have avoided the confusion and would not have ended our stay on a sour note. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've stayed here twice - once on business for 3 nights in September 2012, the other time on vacation with my boyfriend for 2 nights in November 2013. On both occasions it was spectacular. A truly glamorous hotel with great staff, exceptional views, a very central location. The rooms are luxurious, sexy, comfortable and extraordinarily spacious.

A bit pricey but COMPLETELY worth the splurge!

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ and get an ocean view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My family and I stayed here for a week. We booked 2 adjoining rooms - 1 kingsize bed for me and my husband and 1 with 2 double beds for our kids and my mum. We were very pleased to be given rooms on the 7th floor that opened out to the pool - they were fantastic. Get back from a day out then don your togs, open the patio door and let the kids run into the wonderfully warm pool!
We had a couple of minor problems in one of the rooms but the staff at reception acted like lightning to sort them out and gave us some vouchers for breakfast to compensate too.
We ate breakfast in the hotel every day, the buffet was more than adequate, the kids (free breakfast for under 6s and only $8 for under 12s) absolutely loved it and ate loads! We did have the wholewheat french toast with berries off the a la carte menu one day too and it was delicious, highly recommended.
We also ate in the Terrace restaurant a couple of times - kids menus were provided and the lunches were really tasty and looked great when served too. Service was always excellent, whoever served us - couldn't fault it.
We used the gym (also on the 7th floor) excellent quality machines (didn't use the free weights) all equipped with towels and water.
I was expecting a business hotel that wasn't going to cope well with my noisy kids for a week but how wrong I was. It was mainly a business hotel - it's in the heart of the district, but it's walking distance to any public transport and really close to the buzz of Mary Brickell plaza which has great restaurants, bars and some cool shops too. Overall we loved staying here and if my husband gets invited to work in Miami again next year we will be reserving the same rooms!

Room Tip: 7th floor is where the pool is - great for families
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Newton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have stayed here before and will stay again. It is in the middle of the business district of Miami. What you would expect from a JW Marriott. We are MR Platinum and were upgraded to a beautiful suite. Lounge was great. Staff could not have been nicer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GUAYNABO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Excelent choise in Brickell area, clean and comfy rooms, geat pool. Walking distance to 10 st with great choises of restaurants and close to Bayside Market. Excelent valet parking staff. Definitely we will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Booked this hotel as part of a tennis package, so didn't really know what to expect

Good points
++++++++++
Quiet room
The bars (one with balcony over Brickel) (got back to hotel two minutes before kitchen closed, asked if too late for food, reply "not at all sir")
Breakfast
Great location (at least three restaurants close by that I'd love to eat in again)
The pool, never been in a steel lined pool before, "Oh so warm"

Bad Points
--------------
Can't think of any

Hopefully get to stay there next year (if get replacement tickets for tennis)

Room Tip: Just ask at reception
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a competently run hotel, very well decorated and immaculately maintained with a calm and grown-up atmosphere. Nothing to dislike about the rooms which are well furnished and equipped with everything you might need, including a minibar, coffee machine, bath robes etc. plus the wifi is refreshingly fast. Good pool and fitness facilities as well.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food in the hotel is really very good which has not been my experience in many Marriotts. I ate in the Terraza Café/Bar on three occasions and each time the food was simple but tasty and perfectly prepared. Also the staff here were absolutely great, really friendly and helpful.

The only drawback is that the hotel is in rather a quiet business district with not much going on in the surrounding area which might not suit everyone and I did miss the views over the water that you get from the much less satisfactory ( in all other respects!) Marriott Biscayne. Even though I was on one the highest floors there is not much to see out of the window.

My other niggle was with the baggage staff. The car arrivals area was deserted when I got there early in the morning so I carried my own two rather heavy suitcases up the flight of stairs to the hotel. On leaving it took three increasingly angry requests and 15 minutes to retrieve my bags despite there being five or six guys standing around chatting. The impression you get on arriving and leaving a hotel are pretty important in coloring your views so this really needs attention!

Anyway, overall a very positive experience and a good choice if you want to be in this part of Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!