“A good choice in Brickell” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Paris
“A good choice in Brickell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a competently run hotel, very well decorated and immaculately maintained with a calm and grown-up atmosphere. Nothing to dislike about the rooms which are well furnished and equipped with everything you might need, including a minibar, coffee machine, bath robes etc. plus the wifi is refreshingly fast. Good pool and fitness facilities as well.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the food in the hotel is really very good which has not been my experience in many Marriotts. I ate in the Terraza Café/Bar on three occasions and each time the food was simple but tasty and perfectly prepared. Also the staff here were absolutely great, really friendly and helpful.

The only drawback is that the hotel is in rather a quiet business district with not much going on in the surrounding area which might not suit everyone and I did miss the views over the water that you get from the much less satisfactory ( in all other respects!) Marriott Biscayne. Even though I was on one the highest floors there is not much to see out of the window.

My other niggle was with the baggage staff. The car arrivals area was deserted when I got there early in the morning so I carried my own two rather heavy suitcases up the flight of stairs to the hotel. On leaving it took three increasingly angry requests and 15 minutes to retrieve my bags despite there being five or six guys standing around chatting. The impression you get on arriving and leaving a hotel are pretty important in coloring your views so this really needs attention!

Anyway, overall a very positive experience and a good choice if you want to be in this part of Miami.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had the PLEASURE of staying at the JW Marriott after a month long cruise. Unfortunately both my husband and I were not feeling well and I needed help. When we arrived at the hotel, Gilberto, superb bellman, secured a wheelchair for me. With his help, we got the bags and us to the room. The next day, 100,00 people were leaving Miami the same time as we were. Fortunately for me, Gilberto was once again on call as there was not a taxi (usually lined up outside the hotel) in sight. He walked all the way out onto the street and flagged down a cab and we were on our way. I don't know how I would have made it without his help.

The hotel is beautiful and is ideally located. I can't wait to go back and really enjoy it!

Room Tip: I asked for one near the elevator which was great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

When you walk in, the lobby is very nice and upscale. Valet parking was an additional $30/night.

Located in downtown Miami. Not too many restaurants within walking distance but Little Havana and South Beach are short 15 minute drive away. We were there to go the Sony Open and it was only about a 15 minute drive to the main parking lot.

Rooms were quiet, clean and furnished nicely. The bathrooms have also been updated. A few options for dinner and drinks inside the hotel. Drinks will run you about $12/cocktail.

Nice amenities – gym, spa and pool located on the 7th floor.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My family and I spent one night at JW Marriott Miami before our cruise. I had never stayed there in the past but I had read many positive reviews on Trip advisor and other travel sites, so I decided to give it a try.

The first impression was when my driver pull up to the main entrance, few men came out and they were ready to take my bags and guided me to the check in counter. They were very efficient and courteous. Not wasting any time.

At the check-in counter, the agent was also very polite. All my requests were full filled. She had also answered the questions that I had. It went very smooth. No problem whatsoever. The check-in process took less than five minutes.

My bags arrived in less than five minutes, all the items showed up.

We ordered room service. Sine I had ordered quite a bit of food, the lady on the phone repeated the order to me before she hung up. Very good at paying attention to details. The food arrived within 40 minutes, all the food were there, nothing was left out. The food was still hot and they were pretty good.

The bed however was a bit small to call it Queen size. It was more like a double bed. It could also be a little too hard for some people who are used to softer mattress.

The hotel has a nice gym but not enough free weight. The pool was a nice size. The water temperature was perfect.

The next morning, I had ordered breakfast for room service. Good breakfast!! Arrived within 30 minutes. Check-out was also smooth. No waiting in line. Since I had quite a bit of luggage, the front desk had sent a bell boy to take them down for me.

JW is a nice hotel but it looks like it needs a face-lifted in some area in order to compete with others. Don't take me wrong, this is still a very nice hotel which I would recommend others to stay.

Room Tip: Choose a suite
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the JW for a few days before departing on a cruise out of the port. Checking in was a delight and every member of the staff we came in contact with was professional, courteous, and more than happy to assist us. The room we were provided exceeded my expectations. Excellent view with a balcony, tv in the bathroom, clean and maintained furnishings and not a speck of dust on the picture frames or lamps. The bar on the main floor is an excellent spot to grab a cocktail before or after dinner.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach County, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I attended an event at this hotel in a large conference/ballroom. I couldn't believe the crappy wait staff, that the napkins on our table did not match the other tables - ours were the only white napkins and the other were black. The floral arrangements were beautiful. The bar staff and wait staff who attended to us before the dinner were good. The hotel was beautiful downstairs. I don't know if some of the arrangements were catered outside the hotel's control, but I expected the average treatment for an event. The dinner was not served as normal, there were no coffee cups on the tables, the staff didn't refill any drinks at our table except to bring wine around and no one at out table was asking for more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear constantgardnereg, on behalf of the JW Marriott Miami, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback truly contributes to the improvement of our guest experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that we may gather additional details.
Luis Cañas
Rooms Division Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love Miami and visit several times a year. I thought I would revisit this hotel, after 8 years since last stay here , and now I remember why. The double bed is extremely hard , not firm - no give - a horrible sleep. I wish I would have gone back to the Intercontinental downtown or Eden Roc. The room is fair and um being generous . The lobby has been remodeled but the rooms have not changed . One more night. I even tried the intercontinental this am, but booked . This time of year is very busy for Miami. One more bedrock night .

• Stayed March 2014
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear sunshinejordan, on behalf of the JW Marriott Miami, I would like to thank you for the valuable time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. Please, do not hesitate to contact me with any further observations so that we may have the opportunity to fine-tune your experience in the future.
Luis Cañas
Rooms Division Manager

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!