“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Syracuse, New York
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the JW for a few days before departing on a cruise out of the port. Checking in was a delight and every member of the staff we came in contact with was professional, courteous, and more than happy to assist us. The room we were provided exceeded my expectations. Excellent view with a balcony, tv in the bathroom, clean and maintained furnishings and not a speck of dust on the picture frames or lamps. The bar on the main floor is an excellent spot to grab a cocktail before or after dinner.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Palm Beach County, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I attended an event at this hotel in a large conference/ballroom. I couldn't believe the crappy wait staff, that the napkins on our table did not match the other tables - ours were the only white napkins and the other were black. The floral arrangements were beautiful. The bar staff and wait staff who attended to us before the dinner were good. The hotel was beautiful downstairs. I don't know if some of the arrangements were catered outside the hotel's control, but I expected the average treatment for an event. The dinner was not served as normal, there were no coffee cups on the tables, the staff didn't refill any drinks at our table except to bring wine around and no one at out table was asking for more.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear constantgardnereg, on behalf of the JW Marriott Miami, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback truly contributes to the improvement of our guest experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that we may gather additional details.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I love Miami and visit several times a year. I thought I would revisit this hotel, after 8 years since last stay here , and now I remember why. The double bed is extremely hard , not firm - no give - a horrible sleep. I wish I would have gone back to the Intercontinental downtown or Eden Roc. The room is fair and um being generous . The lobby has been remodeled but the rooms have not changed . One more night. I even tried the intercontinental this am, but booked . This time of year is very busy for Miami. One more bedrock night .

• Stayed March 2014
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear sunshinejordan, on behalf of the JW Marriott Miami, I would like to thank you for the valuable time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. Please, do not hesitate to contact me with any further observations so that we may have the opportunity to fine-tune your experience in the future.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I always get stunning rooms with tall glass windows covering 2 walls. The views over the water are amazing and the service is great every time.
Warning - it isn't cheap, but then again, this is Miami.
Only other bad thing - it gets sold out quickly! Book as far in advance as possible

• Stayed February 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you are in Miami and want a good center point, this is your stop. The staff was wonderful, the rooms very comfortable and quiet and the views ( at higher floors) cannot be beat. Easy in, easy out, places to eat and drink all over the area and the beach is just 14minutes away. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Get a high level floor. 18 through 22.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

A friend from Brazil and I went to Justin Timberlake's show at American Airlines Arena yesterday March 5. At 7 PM, before leaving home, I booked a room with 2 beds at the Marriott as it is 10 minutes from the Arena and my house is 1 hours and 10 minutes. We were going to be tired after the show and it would be safer to overnight there than drive. Priceline confirmed our reservation and we paid in full almost $ 300.00. Upon arrival at the marriott at almost 1 AM on march 6, we were declined a room that we paid for. The front desk person has no clue of what happened to our reservation. First said they had other rooms available but didn't have our reservation, then another rep said they were overbooked and also could not locate our reservation. Horrible service!!! They did not offer a solution and wasted almost 2 hours of our valuable sleep time and we ended up having to drive Back home over another hour. No excuses were offered either and my money wasn't refunded yet!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
luis c, Manager at JW Marriott Miami, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear KarinaLea,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the JW Marriott Miami. Your feedback is very important to us. Accept our apologies for the inconvenience while checking in. Please contact me directly to share more of your experience so that we may address this occurrence accordingly.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I travel to Miami at least 3 to 5 times each year for both business and pleasure. This visit I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami. Prior to selecting this hotel, I looked at reviews describing the hotel as being outdated, not enough towels or amenities, and staff not friendly. Not only were those reviews WRONG,I believe they were describing a different hotel. During my ENTIRE stay I found this hotel to be extremely clean. My room was very modern and the staff was amazing. Each day Roslon the doorman greeted me by name. He was extremely professionals, polite and very informative about transportation, activities, and best recommended sites to see. Housing keeping staff was very accomadating daily. She made sure we had more than enough towels and our room was neat and clean. When we showered mid day she managed to tidy our room for a second time. I feel bad that I cant remember her name. Sergio, La Terraza Supervisor is a man of his word. He wasnt only concerned about my experience in his restaurant he wanted to be sure I was satisfied totally with my experience at JW Marriott Miami. I told him of minor issues I had with light in hallway and hole the size of a golfball in closet. Immediately he contact the engineer and issues were resolved. Daniella, was the young lady in concierge lounge. Very professional, pleasant and was eagered to accommodate me with hor doers and choice of beverage. With the staff they have working at the JW Marriott, your experience there can be summed up in one word WONDERFUL!

Room Tip: Concierge king has very spacious balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!