“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Atlanta
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Overall a nice property and central to the business district of Miami and Brickell Village. The hotel staff were accommodating and helped me switch rooms at check-in. The lobby was very nice and rooms were fairly spacious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to a large conference at the hotel. All facilities were very good and the staff was friendly. My room was spacious and clean. The hotel is located in the business district so I would not choose it for a private vacation.

Had some time for some shopping so the staff gave good directions on how to get to the nearest mall. Took the train which is less than 5 min walk from the hotel.

Only negative thing was that the consierge told me that the water in the room was complimentary. When paying the bill the hotel had charged me for two bottles of water for a ridicilous amount of $7 per bottle!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked this hotel about 3 weeks in advance. I used my government discount and spent $105 a night! You can not beat that in the Brickell area of Miami I typically stay at the Viceroy when i come to Miami but the overpriced room and the holding the entire room stay as a deposit on my card is getting on my nerves. With that said.... I was apprehensive at first from reading the reviews I thought it was going to be an outdated hotel. But i was more than pleasantly surprised. JW Marriott was awesome. When I got there I asked for a room with somewhat of a view and I got it at no charge. The bed I swear is one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in in my life! The hotel is located in walking distance to alot of places to eat. We walked everyday to the Mary Brickell village and enjoyed places like Blue Martini. I didnt order the room service bc it was a bit pricey. We ordered pizza one night that was ok with us. :-) The Gym was amazing. Bottled water, towels, and fruit for you at your leisure. I didnt visit the pool but my girlfriend did and she enjoyed it. The staff was helpful with tips on how to get to southbeach quickly and cheaply. Overall I will never spend $300 a night for another room as long as I can go to the JW Marriott when I visit Miami. All those people who gave this place negative reviews should just have a seat and chill out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice place, friendly staff, clean and nice
Nothing major to be noted

Pool pretty poor - all concrete
Parking confusing
Nothing major in the neighborhood

Overall nice experience, but better get a place closer to the beach if you are in Miami for holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for 2 nights. The service from the bellhop who got me water when I arrived, to the check in receptionist who upgraded me to a lovely one bedroom suite was fantastic. This hotel is all about service. We had a lovely breakfast in their restaurant and I had an absolutely delicious dinner in the evening. The food is not only tasty, but so well presented. I will be back again! Thank you.

Room Tip: Concierge level floors are always the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stratford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I town for a visit for a football game. Hotel was very comfortable, staff top notch and good location. Found it odd we were the only ones at the pool. If you are looking for activity its not the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at this location this past weekend for the Miami/UF game. This JW location is excellent, and the nicest JW that I've visited. The staff was friendly and very professional. The room was excellent. The only drawbacks were having to prop the black-out curtains up with furniture to keep out the sun, the lack of an elevator that linked the main entrance to the lobby level, and no lobby store for drinks, snacks, or forgotten necessaries. I don't mind carrying my bags, but others might have found it difficult with a bunch of luggage. Overall, I would suggest this location to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple