“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 129 hotels in Miami
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice place, friendly staff, clean and nice
Nothing major to be noted

Pool pretty poor - all concrete
Parking confusing
Nothing major in the neighborhood

Overall nice experience, but better get a place closer to the beach if you are in Miami for holiday.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for 2 nights. The service from the bellhop who got me water when I arrived, to the check in receptionist who upgraded me to a lovely one bedroom suite was fantastic. This hotel is all about service. We had a lovely breakfast in their restaurant and I had an absolutely delicious dinner in the evening. The food is not only tasty, but so well presented. I will be back again! Thank you.

Room Tip: Concierge level floors are always the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stratford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I town for a visit for a football game. Hotel was very comfortable, staff top notch and good location. Found it odd we were the only ones at the pool. If you are looking for activity its not the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at this location this past weekend for the Miami/UF game. This JW location is excellent, and the nicest JW that I've visited. The staff was friendly and very professional. The room was excellent. The only drawbacks were having to prop the black-out curtains up with furniture to keep out the sun, the lack of an elevator that linked the main entrance to the lobby level, and no lobby store for drinks, snacks, or forgotten necessaries. I don't mind carrying my bags, but others might have found it difficult with a bunch of luggage. Overall, I would suggest this location to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SF
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were here last year same time and really enjoyed the two nights. While our stay this time was good I noticed things have started to lag with upkeep and repair. Lots of hallways trim work needs painting and the carpets have stains on them in the hallways. Our room this time was on the back side facing the bay and smaller than the last time where we faced Brickell Avenue.
Pros: Close to a lot of good restaurants on South Miami Avenue one block over. Close to Freeway and in a safe part of Miami. easy to walk. Room bed was comfortable and quiet. This hotel is dead on the weekends so that helps.
Pretty good food and service in the club room for FF with Marriott. Open 24 hours a day for coffee and water.
Pool is dead and quiet so great place to rest get some sun or even work remotely. :)

Cons:
The room smelled of dampness throughout our stay. Not enough to request a move but we could smell it every time we came into the room. Once the AC kicked on the smell went away.

The pool area has a bar layout but no drink or food service is available. Both evening when we were at the pool we would get the strong smell of propane gas which would last for about 5 minutes a pop. We could never figure out what it was.

Check in never has more than one agent at the front desk so if you are not the person at the counter and others are ahead of you - you will have to wait.

All in all for the rate paid it was a nice hotel and I just hope it does not slide down because of its newer cousin 5 blocks away is both super cool and flashy.

Room Tip: pick one on the Brickell side as I swear the rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Contrary to my experience in JW Grosvenor london this time all came out perfect. Front desk personnel were fantastic.. I received also an upgrade for my room and got suite 2006.. Great experience... Continue booking in this hotel

• Stayed August 2013
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami with my hubby and 2 year old daughter a couple of weeks ago for three nights and had an excellent experience. Service at this hotel is first rate. They really do lay it on.They make your life easy. It is remarkable. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. It was a pleasure to return to at the end of a day and to relax in during our downtime. Love the location as well. Lots of dining options in the vicinity and the hotel restaurant was ok - we had breakfast there twice and room service one night for dinner. Just an all around great stay. Was it perfect? No. We asked for a crib/small bed for our daughter at check-in that was never delivered and truth is we did not follow up. We just had her sleep in the bed with us. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!