“Beleive the hype” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 130 hotels in Miami
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
“Beleive the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Miami with my hubby and 2 year old daughter a couple of weeks ago for three nights and had an excellent experience. Service at this hotel is first rate. They really do lay it on.They make your life easy. It is remarkable. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. It was a pleasure to return to at the end of a day and to relax in during our downtime. Love the location as well. Lots of dining options in the vicinity and the hotel restaurant was ok - we had breakfast there twice and room service one night for dinner. Just an all around great stay. Was it perfect? No. We asked for a crib/small bed for our daughter at check-in that was never delivered and truth is we did not follow up. We just had her sleep in the bed with us. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is my hotel of choice when I travel to Miami on business. It is within walking distance to many businesses in the financial industry. There are also several cool restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are cozy and nicely appointed. The wifi is excellent but the rooms also have all in one computers which make it convenient for basic computing. The service is always top notch. I find the front desk and concierge especially friendly and helpful. I also enjoy having breakfast in the restaurant. The is a wide selection on the buffet and the food is very fresh. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and have more windows to provide natural sunlight.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at the JW Marriott for our 16th anniversary over a long weekend. Upon arrival, we were greeted by helpful staff at the bellstand/valet. We enjoyed an upgraded room and lovely amenity compliments of the staff. Jennifer at the Front Desk and Michelle at Drakes were stand-outs! Miami isnt necessarily our scene but the neighborhood where the hotel is located had a nice selection of restaurants within walking distance. The only downside to the entire stay was that the pool bar was not open and there were no servers that came from the other bars to take drink orders. All in all, a great stay! Would come again for sure.

Room Tip: Valet parking is the only option at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lots of dark wood, mirror-finished floors and an attentive staff greet you when you walk in. The rooms are spacious and the hotel bars and restaurants are first rate. I paid $209 for the room and it was a great value. Watch for the pre-added "service charges" that appear on every meal and drink check.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. We only spent one night here, but I will remember it! Our room was small, but beautifully appointed. The bathroom was by far the nicest hotel bathroom I've ever had the privilege to use--plentiful fluffy towels, separate shower and soaking tub, top-notch toiletries (and for once in my life, enough conditioner for my hair!), even an info panel in the mirror so you can check the news and the weather while you brush your teeth.

The staff was courteous to a fault, and our Marriott status was acknowledged with a decadent fruit and cheese platter and a nice bottle of Shiraz shortly after we checked in. It was a lovely gesture, and made me feel welcomed and valued.

We didn't use the rooftop pool, but we did sit for a while on the deck and enjoy the view. It's a beautiful facility, and if we stay here again I will definitely bring my swimsuit. The concierge lounge was also fairly swank. We enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres at cocktail hour, and had an excellent breakfast the next morning. Everything was fresh and delicious.

I hope we'll have another excuse to visit Miami soon, just so we can stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was nice. The concierge lounge and service was phenomenal! The staff made us feel welcome and provided numerous options for us to taste local cuisine (our goal was Cubano). A great place to stay before heading out to sea. Not exactly as posh as the JW Marquis nearby, but nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed two weeks in June. Great front desk staff. Very nice gym and spa areas. Fairly well maintained. Rooms are pretty nice. Only negatives would be maid service hit or miss. Coffee maker not cleaned out each day. Some days no clean washcloths other days no soaking towels to lay on floor in front of shower door. I never knew what kinds of towels I'd get each day. Spots of mildew in shower grout. Carpet worn and dirty looking. Room service very expensive. Pillows too hard for my liking. Didnt sleep well. Very very quiet building.

If not for mediocre maid service, would get a 5

Very very nice front desk staff. Took care of all my needs. Bar service slow.

Room Tip: Go for a room on 7th floor. Balconies, spa, gym, and pool on this floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!