“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 130 hotels in Miami
Gainesville, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. It was clean, quiet, check-in was quick and easy, everyone was friendly. We had a room with 2 queens when we checked in but they were able to find us a room with a king bed without a problem. The rooms are average size, they have big flats careen TVs set into the wall so it's not in the way, there's free coffee and water in your room, a desktop computer in the room, wifi is free, the bathrooms are roomy and new looking and clean. The pool is nice-- a little cool, I don't think it's heated but it was ok. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was closed for repairs on our visit. The fitness equipment is really good--treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, weight machines, free weights, mats, a ball and a foam roll. Water and towels are free at the gym. I had a massage at the spa and it was the best massage of my life! Request Rosie if you plan on getting a massage and splurge on the 80 minute massage--you won't regret it! Concierge was very helpful in directing us to places to eat and shop. You are generally within walking distance to a busy area with restaurants and about 1/4-1/2 mile to the Bayfront shopping area, which is really nice. W only stayed 2 nights, but we really enjoyed this hotel. Good location, good service, good amenities.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Milton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed here with my family for one night prior to going on a cruise. The hotel was clean and comfortable although it would have been better if we had two Queens instead of two Doubles. The food in the local restaurant and the service overall were excellent. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed 1 night on a recent business trip to Miami. What a place! The room had every convenience you could ask for, very large flat screen, even had a flat screen in the mirror in the bathroom. Very large space in the room with an excellent desk area. I love beds like these with the fluffy bottom and top and pillows with just the right stuffing. Wish I could come back more but most trips require me to stay elsewhere.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed at JW M M last weekend for a family wedding and enjoyed it immensely. Property is clean, modern. and has all thek amenities of a superior hotel. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, courteous, and eager to please. No doubt, this is the result of staff training for these purposes but many large hotels have such training without these same results.

Pool, on the 7 th floor is very nice and the health club is also located there. No extra charge for the club. Lobby is spacious and well appointed. There is a bar/lounge in the lobby which we did not get a chance to try and also one on the second floor. The second floor also has a nice restaurant (had breakfast there one morning, largely buffet but good) and another bar/lounge.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance but this is not a tourist area. Located south of South Beach in the financial district so the surrounding area is quiet especially on weekends. If your priority is to be in the middle of a touristy area (ie. South Beach), perhaps this location is not for you. However, a short cab ride will get you to South Beach, downtown Miami, Coconut Grove, etc. North Miami Beach is a bit further away.

For a pleasant, low key, and upscale stay, try the JW Marriott Miami.

Room Tip: Facing Brickell Avenue even from the 14 th floor can be about noisy, nothing terrible but if city no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, and perfect location! My fiance lost her id, they had all hands on deck to help find it. Valet help me search the car. He pulled it up in front of the property and there it was... thanks again!

• Stayed April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wow. Everything about this hotel is amazing. I stayed overnight for business in a suite (free upgrade for being gold elite). My room was incredible-- from the TV in the bathroom mirror to the most comfortable bed they spared nothing. I loved the chocolate turndown service and appreciated the attentive staff. The concierge level was excellent-- the best I've seen. The made-to-order omelets were perfect and the 24 hour snack bar was a nice touch! Overall this hotel is on par with the Ritz Carlton but it is in more of a business district than resort setting.

The only negative is the $32 a night mandatory valet fee. I know it's an industry standard, but I hate paying for parking.

• Stayed April 2013
Willemstad, null, Netherlands Antilles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Okay, so first of, I'm an 18 year old girl and I went to Miami late in January to attend a concert. I went for 5 days with my aunt and mom. We got a discount at this hotel because my aunt works at a marriott hotel too, so we stayed here. First, when we got there, the bellman came immediately to help us with our luggage as we got out of our taxi. We arrived at 2pm and our room was already ready for us. Check-in process was fast. My mom and aunt immediately made "friends" with the bellman who helped us with EVERYTHING we needed during our whole stay. He would always be checking up on us. He recommended us places to go, restaurants to eat at, malls to shop at. He even offered to give us a "tour" of Miami in his own car on his day-off. Sadly, we never had the time to do it. On our last day, the restaurant manager gave us free omelettes for breakfast as a way to show appreciation for us staying there and because my aunt works at a marriott. The guy that does the valet parking was very friendly to us too, even though we never needed his services 'cause we didn't have a car. We got into a conversation with him right before we left and he was telling us about his work experiences. And we made friends with the man that worked at front desk the day we were leaving. He gave us his card to contact him. And he was making jokes with me about my concert. Overall, this hotel was seriously the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The rooms are on TOP. They're big. The bed is comfy, there's a flatscreen tv, a coffeemaker, a flatscreen computer for us to use whenever we wanted. Bathroom were very clean and big. There's a full body mirror located a little more past the door. The staff was probably the most friendly people i've encounter. And the location is very good too. You just cross the street, walk a little more and you get cafe's and restaurants and bars with music. Which can be very good at night. If you're bored and got nothing to do, you just go there and have some fun. Sadly, I don't remember the bellmans or anyones name, but I give props to all of them for being such a good employee and treating us so good. I recommend this hotel to EVERYONE. If you can pay it, don't even hesitate. It will be worth it in the end.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!