“Great for business or pleasure” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Houston, Texas
“Great for business or pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed for a business conference but will look forward to return for a family vacation. Property is well kept and the several dining options keep the feeling of "routine" at bay. Properties secret weapon is a fabulous outdoor seating area adjacent to the restaurants and bar and sit aside a marina with a view toward the cruise terminals. Fantastic for sunrise breakfast or a moonlit cocktail.
Business facilities are top notch with great rooms and services for your meetings or conference supported by attentive, friendly and professional staff.

Room Tip: Look for rooms closer to water to avoid any road noise issues
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Being a Ritz member, and a frequent Ritz Carlton guest. There was a certain caliber of service that I look for when I here that a hotel is partnered with the Ritz. I was told when I made the reservations taht the JW Marriott is the marriotts high end property equivalent to the Ritz. The hotel itself was an amazing piece of property, the rooms were standard rooms nothing specially, but our view was specatular water for days. Location not bad at all. This hotel is in the financial district, but a free trolly ride away from shops and resturatns. My husband and I paid 658 dollars for the night, but it was one of the only hotels that weekend with a room, and we were there unfortunately, because I needed to go to the hospital in Miami. I do not think it was worth that amount. The food was not that great. My break fast was cold, so I sent it back, my coffee was like ice, and i had to send that back. The bacon was limp, the omelette was watery. My husband and I had burgers that day before for lunch, and we has for Medium, but we got more like rare burgers. My husband got very sick that night... we think it was from the burger!

We ordered their " NY style Cheese cake", OMG far from it. some creme fresh stacked cake with fruit in the layers over a wafer with berries on top. It was good, but nothing resembling NY style cheese cake The staff was very nice! and as accommodating as they could be. Nevertheless this would not be my 1st hotel to go back to, nor would it be my last. Four Season is on the same block just up the street, I just may try my hand at that hotel to compare. I'll let my views know how they compare in my next review..... to be continued...

Room Tip: Check out the other hotels, before booking this one. Not the worst, but not the best for the price.
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed for a 3 day conference. Gym is free and has a nice amount of equipment for a hotel gym so it never felt crowded. The hotel has several restaurants on their 2nd floor which is a nice plus as it doesn't feel like a hotel menu. I stayed a couple of extra nights after the conference. Very nice outdoor pool adjacent to the spa. Lovely massage!!!! And the pool deck definitely didn't feel croweded. The pool bar wasn't open during the week which was a bummer when trying to relax on Friday afternoon after my meetings but it did open on Saturday. Service at the pool was just "ok". Limited menu and the waiters didn't really have things in gear. I thought they might have been new or in training. Overall I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The hotels have room overlooking the street or the pool. When I checked in the woman said there was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed one night on a road trip from Orlando to Key West. In retrospect,I wish I had booked something not in the Financial District. The hotel was lovely. The service was great. Our bellman,Ernesto went above and beyond. Helped us change our room for one with a view. We saw some cruise ships off in the distance. But in hindsight I would have stayed somewhere with a balcony something a little smaller,the Cocconut Grove Courtyard looked inviting!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
Geneva, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family stayed one night before a cruise at this location. Rooms were small yet luxuriously appointed. Front desk wasn't overly friendly or accommodating. They originally split our 2 rooms by 6 floors. Only after expressing my disappointment about splitting up my young family (ages 2-16) the front desk conveniently found a room 6 doors away down the hall. I feel I should not have had to debate my circumstance with the front desk of a luxury hotel.

The bellman was extremely friendly and more helpful. Breakfast in Isabella's was nice and bountiful and was priced accordingly with a luxury hotel.

I'm quite fond of Marriott properties and have stayed with them around the world. This location could use a refresher course in customer service. Most likely. I'll pass staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I immensely enjoyed our stay at the JW Marriott Miami. We originally were not sure about the location or the price we were paying, but I am saying all worries were for nothing. The staff from the time we parked our car to the room maid who brought me a tooth brush--everyone treated us warmly. We even arrived early and they showed us immediately to our room. The location is perfect if you want access to multiple areas of town and we loved the quick ride to south beach. However if you don't want to leave the area brickell village provides great food options as well. One review mentioned the high price of breakfast and I will say that it was reasonable for the amount of food you could receive from the buffet.

We will definitely consider saying here on our next trip to Miami.

Siesta Key, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

At the minute I arrived the staff made me feel like a queen, going out the way and beyond my expectations to help me. I traveled for business and the atmosphere was so elegant, the bathroom had granite counter top and granite bath tub, with marble floor; the room well decorated clean with a convenient computer. I was surprised the futuristic & modern features with TV's on the mirror of the bathroom so you can watch the news while you wash your hands, also they place on the elevator as well, Everything was so perfect that it was the most relaxed weekend I ever had in a long time. My work is usually stressful and I did not have any stress whatsoever. I block from beach convenient location, location! The chef of restaurant Trapiche located on the 2nd floor accommodated my request and the meal was superb!
Excellent staff, with superior customer service skills they make you feel like royalty!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business