“One night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 129 hotels in Miami
Rhode Island
“One night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed one night on a road trip from Orlando to Key West. In retrospect,I wish I had booked something not in the Financial District. The hotel was lovely. The service was great. Our bellman,Ernesto went above and beyond. Helped us change our room for one with a view. We saw some cruise ships off in the distance. But in hindsight I would have stayed somewhere with a balcony something a little smaller,the Cocconut Grove Courtyard looked inviting!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Geneva, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family stayed one night before a cruise at this location. Rooms were small yet luxuriously appointed. Front desk wasn't overly friendly or accommodating. They originally split our 2 rooms by 6 floors. Only after expressing my disappointment about splitting up my young family (ages 2-16) the front desk conveniently found a room 6 doors away down the hall. I feel I should not have had to debate my circumstance with the front desk of a luxury hotel.

The bellman was extremely friendly and more helpful. Breakfast in Isabella's was nice and bountiful and was priced accordingly with a luxury hotel.

I'm quite fond of Marriott properties and have stayed with them around the world. This location could use a refresher course in customer service. Most likely. I'll pass staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I immensely enjoyed our stay at the JW Marriott Miami. We originally were not sure about the location or the price we were paying, but I am saying all worries were for nothing. The staff from the time we parked our car to the room maid who brought me a tooth brush--everyone treated us warmly. We even arrived early and they showed us immediately to our room. The location is perfect if you want access to multiple areas of town and we loved the quick ride to south beach. However if you don't want to leave the area brickell village provides great food options as well. One review mentioned the high price of breakfast and I will say that it was reasonable for the amount of food you could receive from the buffet.

We will definitely consider saying here on our next trip to Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Siesta Key, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

At the minute I arrived the staff made me feel like a queen, going out the way and beyond my expectations to help me. I traveled for business and the atmosphere was so elegant, the bathroom had granite counter top and granite bath tub, with marble floor; the room well decorated clean with a convenient computer. I was surprised the futuristic & modern features with TV's on the mirror of the bathroom so you can watch the news while you wash your hands, also they place on the elevator as well, Everything was so perfect that it was the most relaxed weekend I ever had in a long time. My work is usually stressful and I did not have any stress whatsoever. I block from beach convenient location, location! The chef of restaurant Trapiche located on the 2nd floor accommodated my request and the meal was superb!
Excellent staff, with superior customer service skills they make you feel like royalty!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Typical Marriott service and room. If you can, get a corner room as they are slightly bigger and have wrap around windows. There is a Starbucks and 2 Publix within walking distance as well as quite a few great restaurants. A cab ride from the airport will cost you about $30 including tips. Be sure to ask for a cab driver who takes credit cards as not all do. For fellow Canadians, there is a TD Bank right next door to the hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Clean, convenient location (close to cruise port) and great service. We recommend the Gordon Biersch pub next door for a quick bite. Within walking distance of the free Skyrail...somewhat limited but you can't beat the price. Also close to Miami's trolley ride...again, free - just hop on and off when you like.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very comfortable location, close to the port. We enjoyed an excellent Concierge lounge and very clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel was close to a Gordon Bierscht Brewpub which we all enjoyed. A bit awkward in the driveway in securing cruise transportation shuttles due to a bad Port Cochere design but otherwise quite nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Miami? Share your experiences!