“Don't worry about past negative comments, this is a great and cheap hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #84 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Don't worry about past negative comments, this is a great and cheap hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Most of the past negative reviews are not accurate. Me and wife had a pretty nice stay the night before our cruise on Carnival.The air was out in the lobby, but it had no affect on the room stay. The rooms are huge. It has a pool. Valet guys are kind of expensive. The guys behind the desk are spectacular people, helpful, and down to earth. The hotel is not perfect, but you won't find a lower price on a hotel in this location of Miami. It looks like it was once a luxury hotel back in the day, especially the lobby. Rooms are clean and nice. Beds are just okay, if your are not a stickler for perfection. GET A ROOM ABOVE THE 5TH FLOOR. River view is okay, but view may have construction or junk outside in some rooms. Management has done some upgrades because of past complaints. Very close shopping and restaurants. Hotel is a minute from trains that take you anywhere you want to go. Cabs easy to catch. It has a $6 dollar bus to the Port for cruises. In some room-deals it is free. It is near the Miami Heat arena and a short ride to South Beach, if that's where you are going. Don't second guess. The hotel is very satisfactory for a short stay, and cheap ($50ish bucks on some sites)! It needs a few updates, but every time I want to stay in Miami I will check in here instead of paying 200 plus dollars for hotels next door. Juan and the others guys will make sure you have a nice stay!

Room Tip: Choose above 5th floor.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Slovak first
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I went to my room there. Found a decent amount of mold in the bathroom. The owner refused to refund my night's stay there. Terrible rooms, terrible service. Don't give a person like this your business.

Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Pk i went twice to miami both times i stayed at that hotel i would give 10/10 for everything service , cleanliness but one thing i would prefervto ve more variety at breakfast would give breakfast 4/10 but other than that i love this hotel the view the area everything

Stayed July 2015
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I always stay at River Park since 2012, It has excellent prices, confortable rooms with a perfectly working A/C. The attention is impecable in every way. I had a problem with my reservation, I booked it 2 days later than it was supposed to be and I was waiting for a transfer to come so I did not have enough money to rebook it for the correct day, however Juan Carlos from the reception, helped me. Even tho on the website clearly says that refunds or changes are not allowed, he changed it and even found me the minimal rate (since he was aware of my short budget at the moment). I'm very grateful. There's still good people out there!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We found out the hotel was built 30 years ago and you can tell from the furniture and drapes. It is relatively clean but is not comfortable because of the furniture...it's just old. Shower does not get warm. First room, bed was broken. Has zero Miami vibe...so it is disappointing. Good location, nice views from some rooms, and good sized rooms. If they remodeled it would be much better. Would not book hear again.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Cabedelo, PB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The building is impressive; the breakfast is good and plentiful; there is an outside swimming pool; its location is excellent to those who want to visit downtown, even existing a free monorail called people mover a few steps away; the price is fair, around 50 dollars a night; the room where I stayed had a very strong and bad cigarette smoke smell, but it was big, with a beautiful sitting room. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the river!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. I would NOT advice any tourist to stay here. I travel a lot and this was the worst experience I have had. To begin, there are a lot of additional fees that this hotel charges. I thought I was getting the best rates, but beware when you arrive they will charge you with fees that are ridiculous. If I would have been aware I would have stayed at another hotel. I thought that this place had standards, but I was wrong. They force you to do valet parking. I called myself being proactive and asking the gentlemen to explain the fees and to charge me the amount that I owed in the beginning. I informed him when I would checkout and he informed me that I was good to go. My friend was their to vouch the representatives statements, but when I did check out the representative continued to want to charge me after I explained the situation. When he did receive the payment he asked he was disrespectful and gave my keys to another person even though I was the one who the room was under and I was the one that gave him the ticket. When I did ask to speak to a manager, the valet Parker representative stated that he was the manager. I do not believe this, but when I went inside he went from speaking English to Spanish, which I know he was talking disrespectful about me because my friend was my translator. The staff did not acknowledge me with my complaints. Other issues that I had that I reported, but was not acknowledged was that the water was cold and did not get hot. The continental breakfast was nasty and the building itself is old. It does not look like the pictures online. The room was suppose to be with two beds not one so me and my friend had to share. If you are going to spend your money, Do Not spend your money here. I will continue to spread the word about this hotel and I will continue to go to Miami but never again at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Travelers also viewed these Miami hotels
YVE Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 1,915 reviews
Rodeway inn Miami
#69 of 113 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 10 reviews

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!