“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #78 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Bronx, New York
“WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Horrible experience! We used the toilet once (#1) and it got clogged. My fiance went to call the front desk and realized the room phone was not working. He then went to the front desk where he was told someone would come up soon. 20 minutes passed and no sign of anyone. My fiance goes back downstairs and is told someone came to the room in which he indicated that was not accurate. Guy at the front desk again said someone would come. More waiting and still nothing. By this time, I am fighting to go to the bathroom (#2) and no one is anywhere to be found. I finally gave up and had to go on top of the clogged toilet and then the guy shows up and we tell him he needs to come back because I needed to use the bathroom. When he comes back another 20 minutes later complains about the amount of paper in toilet, attempts to unclog and is not successful. it is now almost time for us to check out and the bathroom wreaks of waste. My fiance goes downstairs again to ask for another room so we can shower and check out. No only is it denied but the guy behind the counter begins to accuse us of clogging up the toilet, becomes very rude and my fiance who is super calm comes upstairs fuming. I finally give up again and shower with the smell. We gather our stuff and head down stairs and i approach the counter furious asking to speak to a supervisor to which we were informed none existed because it was the weekend and that was their day off. He again started rudely interacting with us and again accuses us and curses. We again gave up and left fuming!

Room Tip: stay away from this place!
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Location

Padua, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

If you do not care about;
- no shade curtain in the room so to sleep in the full moon light and wakeup early morning....
- If you do not need an ice bucket as you will have only one ice machine at floor nine out of the 16 floors
-If you do not need to contact the front desk as the phone in the room does not work
-If you do not care about personnel being unpolite, and making you feel in welcome
- If you do not need to have a cup of tea, as this is not available at breakfast or all through the 24 hours
- If you do not mind having to put down a 50 usd deposit to cover possibile damages to the facilities!
If , all the above considered, you still think this is worth to be named "hotel" , than you are welcome to enjoy the worst value for money you may have the chance of experiencing!

Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the hotel on December 31, 2015-January 1, 2016.
The hotel is in the budget class, but was nearly $200 a night for New Year's Eve. It was run down, dated, and the mattress was the worst I've ever felt - but it was close to where we wanted to be...
After enjoying the New Year’s Eve festivities with my family and returning to the hotel and going to bed, at approximately 3 am a disturbance in the adjoining room woke us up. The people were having a loud fight, banging against the walls, yelling and cursing, slamming doors, etc.
We were very concerned both for the safety of the people in that room as well as ourselves. We called down to the front desk using the phone in the room and the person answering said they would address it. I'm a reasonable person and know it may take a few minutes to come up to the room and/or contact authorities to handle the issue.
After the fight continued for another 15-20 minutes. We tried calling the desk again from the room phone and no one answered, it rang for several minutes. I then called using my cellphone and it was answered right away, making me believe that the call from our room was being ignored. Again, the person told us they would contact them.
At no point did I hear their phone ring or hear anyone knock on their door. The fight was loud and the voices audible due to thin walls and/or the fact that it was an adjoining room with a door between. I was preparing to contact the police when one of them decided they'd had enough and stormed off slamming the door on their way out.
I was told by the front desk on 1/1 that he would note our reservation and to contact the hotel manager the following week as he was not available that day nor the entire weekend. I tried calling several times, but have been unable to get through to any human being.
I contacted GetARoom to ask for assistance. They experienced the same issues with getting in contact with anyone at the hotel. When they did they denied any compensation for our inconvenience. GetARoom also would not provide any compensation after 27 days of waiting on a resolution. Based on this experience I will NEVER stay at Miami River Park Hotel OR use the services of GetARoom again.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
Bowling Green, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall the hotel looks run down. Hotel sign outside of the building is not working and falling apart. When driving up no valet attend at the door to assist you with the vehicle.
Friendly staff at the front desk. Instead of having the key cards placed in a key pouch like every other hotel I was given a piece of paper with the room number on it. I was charged $5 for microwave a day. No restaurant in the hotel. Guest elevators dirty. Carpet old and run down. Room was simple but very small. Old furniture. Bathroom was ok, towel rack and hair dryer were hanging loose from the wall. No hot water. Minimal TV channels. Throughout the stay I never saw housekeeping cleaning any of the public areas. Breakfast was horrible, old and dried out bread, eggs were out of a box, sausage tasting like rubber and housekeeping was setting up breakfast. Pool area was dirty. when checking out one other and guest and I were waiting at the front desk to check out however there was no one for at least 10 minutes.
Overall the experience was very poor. Paying over $200 for the stay one expect to have a better quality product and service. 1st and last time I stayed in this hotel.
Thaw everything was not to satisfactory, the location was prime.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
Belo Horizonte, MG Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a Miami hotel near everything downtown, restaurants, shops, offices, even a Whole Foods supermarket a block apart. The reception desk personnel is very kind and answered to all my doubts. The lobby itself is marvelous and appears to be of a glorious past. The restaurant inside and the pool were not open at the time I was there. The continental breakfast included in the daily rate was fair, with few options, orange juice, toasts, scrambled eggs, some fruit, milk and coffee. The room were I stayed at the 6th floor facing the street was small with a queen bed and the carpet was dirty and torn and smelled bad. The bathroom was very good, very clean and the shower was excellent. The advantage of this hotel for business travellers is that it is near everything downtown. A metromover station is by the hotel so you can reach the airport thru the metrorail in two steps. Take the Metromover to the Metrorail at Government Center and then the Metrorail to the Airport Station for only a $2.25 fare. You can reach the airport in less than half an hour. They use valets for parking your car and they charge $25.00 a day.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room with a river view. Do not choose a room by the street due to the noise.
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank cinematics
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Where do I start! First room toilet ran and tv had fuzzy screen and blowing hot ac Moved to a nicer room. Toilet ran but ac cold. Overlooked cause at no big deal. The maintenance men for convention center started painting stairs at 830 playing boom box and car calling ladies walking by. Breakfast was a great!cold powdered eggs I think it was sausage coffee stale bread and appliance connected to portable outlets. Here is the real treat it is beautiful property on intercoastal but home less people sleep right next to pool and eating area. We tried to sit by pool last night a young female for off the bench and urinated right there and went back to bench! But they want to charge for internet the safe and 25 to park!

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family