“Don't stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #83 of 110 Hotels in Miami
“Don't stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Terrible hotel service and gross rooms. We are traveling with our infant and called ahead to make sure they had cribs...they said yes, when we arrived were told no cribs. O well not a big deal we would put a blanket down and he could sleep on the floor. The carpet was so disgusting we were not putting our own so I called front desk and it never showed up its now midnight and we are exhausted so he slept with us the mattress and pillows are garbage, breakfast was gross I asked to speak to the manager and was told he would be in in a half hour while we watched him on his cell phone in his office. Too much more to mention I would give this a zero star if I could

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Newfoundland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

we just stayed at this hotel a week ago for two nights. it was located downtown not too far from the airport and the port of miami. it was clean for the most part but older looking for sure. the wifi was off and on, didnt work at first but seemed to work ok after. the hotel breakfast was simple and not that warm but it was better than going out searching for something else. the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. if you want a hotel for cheaper and for a night or two, its ok but i wouldnt recommend staying there much longer than that. as mentioned in other people's comments, there were a lot of homeless people nearby, so we didnt walk around too much especially after dark.

Room Tip: pick something on a higher floor to get the view and something at the back of the hotel if you want...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was quite scared when I booked the hotel from Hotwire and later read the reviews here, and was expecting a really dodge hotel. But I had a good surprise when I arrived.

Yes, it is true that the rooms and hotel are dated. But the room was big, with a small living room where we left our bags and shops, a good size bathroom (for the ones used with big chains las western) and a spacious room (but this last part I believe is because we booked a room for 2 and got a room for 4).

the bathroom seemed quite clean for me, everything was really white as the bedsheets. The only thing I downgrade de cleaning is for the carpet, there were some spots on it, that seems to be there for a long time now. Maybe not the best option for someone with allergy.

I was in room 808 and the wifi was working from my room (not really in the room area but in the living room area). So, not a problem with that.

For the continental breakfast, I will agree with other reviewers that say that, that is not a continental breakfast. So, if your intention is: I will save a little money and stay in this hotel because of the free breakfast, I would reconsider. But considering other hotels in US that the breakfast would be: a donut and a instant coffee, that is much better. They had scrambled eggs, toast, orange juice and a few other things.

Beware the parking is paid. I knew it before so, there was no issue. But saw a client complaining about it. The valet service in front of the hotel was charging USD 23 per day during carnaval. For the ones without a car, the train station is really close (one block).

In the frontdesk there is a sign saying a USD 2 per day will be charged for the safes. But we didn't had any charge. What I think makes sense, as it is compulsory.

The front desk was quite helpful and profesional. No complains about.

The location was convenient for us, downtown is close to the airport, and miami beach is easily accessible. We had no problems going to Fort Laudaret, Seaworld, Brickell, Miami Beach. (We were by car, but I believe that is well located for the ones with public transport). The only thing that scared me about the location was some homeless guys nearby but actually they didn't even talk to us.

Room Tip: Os quartos com vista para o rio sao de final 1 a 6. Os outros tem vista para o viaduto.
Roatan, Honduras
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an old hotel. Don't expect the Ritz. We arrived early from cruise ship and desk staff was helpful allowing us to store our baggage in a safe room until check in time. Only one block from restaurants and two blocks from downtown. There is public transportation nearby and right next door is the free people mover. We were satisfied and stayed a couple of nights. Early in the morning there was no hot water but it didn't bother us as we were not leaving early. Suggest you get your shower the night before. After peak usage time, around 9:30 am, hot water resumed. Breakfast was nothing to write home about but edible. We will stay there again. We paid about $150 a night but compared to most downtown hotels, this was about half the going rate.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
De Pere, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our stop for one night before our cruise......first of all, it is not really close to anything for walking. The view from the room was beautiful and saw manatees swimming in river below. The room was clean. The toilet barely flushed. And they forgot our wash cloths, and when I called for them, I was told I would have to go down and get them myself. Continental breakfast was ridiculous. This hotel looks like it was quite the place YEARS ago.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Osprey, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff was not friendly, room was dirty, cigarette smoke kept making it's way into our room through the central ventilation system, toilet did not work properly, no hot water in the shower, pull out couch mattress fell through the bottom support, furnishings in room were old, worn out and dated, restaurant was closed, only parking available is valet @ cost of $23/day, I was charged for an in room safe that I did not request or use - I was told this is an automatic charge to all rooms. The only ok feature is that the location is convenient for downtown business, otherwise - STAY AWAY!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The room is perfectly fine. It is like a suite. They do not have a business center, which is unbelievable in this day and age. Big hassle to print my boarding pass. Location not great. Not much next to hotel and you have to walk a few blocks to find someplace to eat. Will not stay here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!