You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #101 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Cheap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The only good thing I can say is that it's cheap, we rented two rooms, (6 kids plus 2 adults ) both rooms are in desperate need of renovations. I am not even talking about for the eye appeal, both rooms needed work specially in the bathrooms, were we found mold. We were told we were on a not smoking floor yet our room smelled of cigarettes... It was disgusting. The continental breakfast was a joke, coffee, juice, toast, and cereal. That's was it. Nothing hot.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Orlando, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here only one night for a concert nearby at the American Airlines Arena and decided to stay at the River Park Hotel and Suites Hotel. In my experience, there were more negatives, but to be fair, I will mention some positives as well. Let's start with the negatives: Parking is horrific, especially if you didn't know what to expect at arrival as I did. The location of the hotel is awkward and dangerous..cars flew right by us. There were no parking anywhere. You had to do valet which costs 20.00 a day. I did ask if there's public parking anywhere and the gentleman at the desk did mention that there was a garage down the street somewhere for 12.00 but if you need to take your car out again it will be 20.00 whatever that means.. but valet here is "so much more convenient" he said. Other negatives, no iron or iron board, no microwave, no small refrigerator in the room. We called 3 times at different times for help to the front desk and nobody picked up the phone..wi-fi didn't work in the room...continental breakfast was just cereal, milk, apples and oranges at the time we came to grab some breakfast..so we decided to go get breakfast elsewhere. The television in the room had like 10 channels and 6 that worked. The channels that worked were mainly news channels or Hispanic channels. The towel rack in the restroom had a crack which wasn't too much of a big deal to me because it was clean which was important. One small container of shampoo no conditioner..one small bar soap. I can hear a kid crying and screaming nearby through the walls. The price of the hotel was 79.00 plus tax and ended up to be close to 100.00 then plus valet and tip I ended up paying 130.00 anyway. I'm sure there are better hotels out there in the area for 130.00.
The positives with this hotel in my experience was that we had a somewhat pretty river window view, the room and bed was clean..the restroom and shower was clean..the bedding was comfortable...the location to the Arena from the hotel was perfect because we were able to go on the metro train which took us there in only 5 stops. The gentleman at the front desk and the valet lady was nice which was the only reason why I rated the service at a 3..but it could easily be a 1 or 2 since nobody picked up the phone to help. I just hope that management will do some upgrading..they could even charge a little bit more if need be but it's so important to stock the rooms with more of the essentials, a better continental breakfast, a small to medium size flat screen and better channels, free wifi in rooms and not charge such an expensive price on valet parking especially if it takes 20 mins for the car to arrive. They had a sign that said call 20 minutes before leaving the hotel. Overall, we still enjoyed ourselves because the concert was awesome and made up for all the negatives we experienced but I most likely would not come back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Where do I begin…
1. No Wifi in the rooms only in the lobby with everyone else
2. No alarm clock in the room
3. A non-working safe
4. You had to go the front desk and request an iron, none in the room with the ironing board
5. Some of the lights in the room did not work
6. $20 a day for valet parking, no where to park you car
7. There was a long desk with draws on each side and a space in the middle but no chair for you to use the desk. THERE WAS NO SPACE TO PUT A CHAIR.
8. Old, outdated, needs major upgrading

Room Tip: Read reviews if available. Call the hotel and be specific of your wants and needs.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel oughta be imploded. The location is very odd, the building is old and not well-maintained, and the services are minimal or non-existent. I'm not sure what can be done to improve it. We arrived at 9 pm and had to walk 6-8 blocks to find something to eat at that time. The 'continental breakfast' was minimal and not interesting. The room was large and spacious but I am not sure if it was ever cleaned over the 4 days I was there except for the garbage being taken out. Wifi is minimal and spotty. Be careful about the valets; I should have asked to see a driver's licence. The best asset is that it is just a 15 minute walk to Bayside but I would definitely look around next time. Miami has a free trolley system that can get you around most places.

Room Tip: Use as a last resort.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I would not let my dog sleep in this place. It was dirty and the sheets were so thin you could see through them. The room itself was just plain nasty. The bedspread had stains on them and over all I did not rest easy at all. I was so happy by the time morning came around. Also, there was no mattress pad on bed and pillows smelled bad. The pool was dirty and the what they call breakfast is a joke !!!!! Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place. It's Just BAD. I have stayed at Super 8's that have not been this dirty. Spend the extra money and get a good nights sleeps This is one of the worst hotels stays I have ever had, and I travel a lot... BEWARE!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Overall, it was not a terrible experience, but this has been the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. First thing I did not like was that I pay for a river-view room and they gave me a room with no view at all because according to them, there were no more rooms available (we could see from the outside that only a few rooms were lighted)
We tried to just ignore this, but on top of it, the A/C was not working properly, which made our stay even less comfortable.
Nice lobby and good breakfast, which was included.

Room Tip: Good Luck!!
Hammond, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hotel is literally off the ramp of the highway. Arrived early morning. As we pulled into the drive way to check in, there were several cars and one shuttle van crammed into this tight area. They only have valet parking. The morning, female staff were nice, helpful and friendly. The evening male staff were cold and could careless who walked in. Nothing spectacular about the room. Interior decor needs much updating throughout the lobby. Continental breakfast was below average. Great location. The free city tram is next door. Lots of local restaurants and souvenir stores walking distance. Bayside Marketplace is approximately 15 min walk.

Room Tip: I've never been to Miami. Must take the Miami Bus Tour. You can view the entire city and South...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!