“The breakfast was the only good thing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #100 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Argentina
“The breakfast was the only good thing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The hotel is old and smell bad, you have internet only near the reception not in the room.
The room is big but old also the tv. The swimming pool was dirty and small. I did not like it. It's cheap but not THAT CHEAP, has to be free!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Should have known not to stay here when the valet didn't understand a word I said about where they were parking my car. And the fact they are not affiliated with the hotel was alarming. She just smiled and nodded. Not to mention trying to check-in left us hanging out in the street with our hazards on because only 4 cars could park. The one valet had to park cars and walk 2 blocks to come back. Parking nightmare with people coming around the corner.
Room was clean but when I went to call front office for extra towels and blanket, realized there was no phone in the room. Decided to overlook it until my neighbors that were yelling and apparently partying became too much and after a couple of hours I couldn't take anymore and called front office from my cellphone.
I then walked down and spoke with front office face to face about why there is no phone in the room. I was told due to new management and shortage of phones, there would be no phone placed in my room for my use. I also couldn't be moved to another room with a phone because they didn't know which rooms had them and due to booking through an online agency, could not get a refund but I could check out early if I was not pleased. Yes, my neighbors are still loud. And I will be gone in the morning after I speak with management. I will definitely not be coming back or recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I read all the reviews before I booked and they're all correct both positive and negative. It's a prime location if your going on a cruise but it needs updating, the rooms are old and my tv had no working remote, Elaine took my reservation and help me out when I booked it a month ago and she was wonderful but besides that the staff is okay sometimes rude.

I asked for extra towels for 3 adults and 1 child the room only had I set go figure, they gave us 2 "extra sets" really? after I called at 4pm and no one showed up so finally after 11pm my husband had to go to the front desk and ask??????

So with that being said if you want a cheap hotel in a good location this is your place...I will not book here again it was only for one night before our cruise and the rate was good....if they put more work into this place it could be a nice hotel.

P.S. Wifi is only in the lobby!!!!

Stayed December 2013
Vilnius, Lithuania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel is old and surely needs renovation.
No wifi in the rooms, no restaurant, what you get for breakfast is bread and coffee.
We've got a room with a nice view on floor 7 but we weren't warned that behind our wall there is some chunking switchboard.
good price for a good location, nothing more positive about!

Room Tip: Avoid elevators or switchboards nearby your room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

minimum of comfort, had to ask for a chair
and waiting three days for coathangers.
hotel had better times, needs urgently renovation
no restaurant no internet
room had no chair on arrival, waiting three days for coat-hangers

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Aspectos Bons: Ficamos nesse hotel pela praticidade (só na primeira noite da viagem, pois na outra manhã já partiríamos para Orlando). Para esse propósito, foi excelente. O atendimento foi bem legal. A localização é realmente muito boa. Bem central e muito próximo a uma estação do metrorail (que leva a quase todos os lugares importantes e é GRÁTIS). É bem perto de um Starbucks, Ross, CVS e vários outros comércios. O elevador é bem grande e rápido. Também há a possibilidade de o hóspede deixar as bagagens no hotel se tiver chegado antes do horário do check-in (16h), o que facilita muito. O hotel oferece café da manhã, o que é bem raro em se tratando de hotéis dessa categoria nos EUA.
Good Aspects: We stayed in this hotel on the first day of our trip because it was very convenient considering our purpose (the very next morning we would go to Orlando). The staff was very kind. It was great in meeting our goals. The hotel is very well located, near the a metrorail station which can take you pretty much everywhere and is free of charge. There is Starbucks, Ross, CVS and many others stores and restaurants nearby. The elevator of the hotel is very fast and large. Guests are able to leave their luggage in the hotel in case they arrive before the check-in time (which is 4pm). They also offer breakfast.. something very hard to find as far as hotels of this category in the US are concerned.
Aspectos ruins: O café da manhã tem apenas pão fatiado, manteiga, um tipo de muffin meio congelado, café e suco de laranja. Tinha duas torradeiras disponíveis mas apenas uma estava funcionando, então tinha uma espera para torrar o pão. Além disso o revestimento do chão dos quartos é de carpete. Mas no geral o hotel é bem prático.
Bad Aspects: The options for breakfast were bread, butter, muffins, coffee and orange juice. There were two toasters available but just one of them was working, which meant we had to wait some time in order to toast our slices of bread. There was carpet in the room. But overall the hotel was pretty good.

Room Tip: Fiquei no quinto andar. Achei silencioso.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Any entrepreneur would definitely convert such a nicely located Hotel to a gold mine. I wonder why not in this case. So strategically placed, so conveniently located for getting into Miami mover and connecting to the rest, so beautiful view from the rooms, yet I shall never think twice not to book this Hotel in future. The rooms are stinky (Please do not go by the on-line pictures, they are quite deceptive!!), the service is extremely poor (or should I say non-existent), bathrooms are big let-downs and the Break fast is simply horrible. You pay some 10-12$ for breakfast to be included and you do it just to avoid the hassles. But it will simply let you down. Better to get to nearby places for a bite. And mind you, the charge is not that nominal. There is no tea/coffee maker or even a kettle in the room. Plastic disposable glasses in are a big irritant in the room. At 20-30$ more, Hyatt, next door, is a much better option.

Room Tip: Rooms at Higher Floors have a great view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!