“One night was okay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #100 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“One night was okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a little outdated and dead. This is a budget alternative, that served us okay for one night. We would not choose this hotel for a longer stay. Two stars because we slept well here after a 13 h flight. Free Wifi in lobby is a plus. Location okay also, walking distance to restaurants.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kiev, Ukraine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel about a year ago. The impressions are really bad. We've read a lot of comments on this hotel, but didn't expect it to be so bad! The only advantage of it is good location, pretty close to the center. Now disadvantages. First of all, we booked the hotel online and overpaid because we paid for some shuttle cruise which in reality we didn't have.. The receptionist couldn't clearly explain what we were paying for and couldn't answer our questions. She had such an annoying accent!! Then they charged us for parking. The roomservice was terrible too as chambermaid accidently threw our stuff away explaining it by saying it was placed next to the garbage bin. The room was dirty, bed was uncomfortable, old sheets for the bed. All in all we spent the whole time arguing with the receptionist and the chambermaid, demanding to give us our money back or at least explain where our money went. BTW forgot to mention that the food was sooo bad! It also says in the hotel review that it's got the pool - it is also bad (dirty and really small)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Normally I'm not picky about where I stay since I don't spend much time in hotel rooms, but this place blew my mind with how much it sucked. Here are some things to consider if you are thinking about staying here:

1. Cheap - paid $56/night. But, if I could re-do things, I'd stay at the Hyatt next door at our conference rate of $109. Totally would have been worth the price difference given I stayed 5 nights.

2. Really, really thin walls. The TVs are on the same wall as the bed in the next room, so you can hear every word... all night long...

3. NO WIFI. It's only available in the lobby. Which plays the same 3 terrible Sarah Brightman songs on repeat all day, everyday. After an hour you'll want to hurl yourself through a window. Nearly impossible to get any work done.

4. TV doesn't work. Not a huge issue, but still annoying.

5. Rude staff. Went down to get a cup of coffee and before I even got to the door a woman YELLED at me and told me breakfast didn't start for 5 more minutes. She then sat there talking to her coworker and eating a muffin while I waited until it was precisely 7 am. I just imagined my life had momentarily turned into an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm to avoid being pissed first thing in the morning. The younger guy staffing the front desk was also a sassy turd. Of course you can ignore these sorts of things, but staff with attitudes really stand out considering nearly everyone in the hospitality industry is insanely nice and courteous.

6. Disregard for the "Do Not Disturb" sign. If I wanted you to walk in and ask me if I wanted room service, I wouldn't have taken the sign from inside my door and intentionally placed it on the outside of the door. They also threw my clothes off the bed when they made it. Grr.

7. Crappy linens - itchy and worn out.

8. Difficult to find. Get ready to give your cab driver an extra $9 bucks to make a few wrong turns.

In short, if you are only going to stay a day or 2, it's probably fine. You'll just be tired and grumpy (like I am as I write this review). There was one older guy at the front desk who was nice and told me which bus to take to get to the beach. Also, it's within walking distance of most of the major conference centers. However, the hotel itself sucks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Bedford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After driving round and round lost and frustrated, I told a taxi driver I could not find the River Park hotel, he said, no kidding, You Wont...He led me through the Hyatt parking lot and to the hotel down some back road. Other than the fact you can not find the hotel, a search that would make a great Twilight Zone episode, the location is actually not bad. You get on the MetroMover and ride free to most parts of the center city. The hotel is not good though. There was blood on the side of the mattress and it kind of looked fresh. My wife had lots of bites on her feet. I never saw one person in the pool. Outside the hotel, we saw homeless people sleeping on benches along the Riverwalk. I asked the valet attendant where Little Havana was and she didnt not know, living in Miami only a year she explained. It was several blocks away. The continental breakfast breakfast was anything but, maybe the continent referred to is Antarctica.The muffins you can buy at the supermarket, like 20 for two bucks.And the TV reception reminded me of when I had rabbit ears with aluminum foil on them. I have not seen snow on a screen in years and a rolling picture I was impressed with the nostalgia of that. Called the office and an employeed quickly responded, stood in front of the TV for a few minutes, called his boss or his boss called him, not sure, he said in ten minutes it would be fine. It was never fine. All in all I actually enjoyed the stay in Miami, spending little time at the hotel. The price was low but in line with the quality of the establishment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kanpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night on my way to Key West . The tour bus has a pick up at the hotel in the morning and i was reaching late night. It is an old property close to Miami Metro and highways in downtown. Prices are reasonable. Rooms are very large and so is the bathroom. Bath room toiletaries are at minimum. Beds are comfortable. Carpert is old and smelly.Morning breakfast is frugal.Overall a reasonable place for a short stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Millinocket, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here recently for one night. We had a large group that booked 5 rooms. When we got there it was discovered that they had charged our rooms to one member of our party's credit card 72 hours before we even checked into the hotel. The point of holding the rooms was so we could pay seperately for our rooms when we got there. The man at the desk informed us they could not seperate the room payments, but they had no problem taking another credit card from a member of my family. It appeared they were going to duble charge one room on two different credit cards. Secondly, we needed to return rental cars to Hertz, we asked for directions and we were given directions to the 4 seasons hotel, which was 1/2 hour was from the hotel, instead of the Hertz rental place that was 3 blocks from our hotel. The one elevator that was working had the certification that expired over 1 year ago. . We went in search of ice, signs indicated that there was ice on the 14th floor, it was never found. Finally we went to the front desk to ask where to get ice to be told that ice could be found on certain floors,not all the floors as indicated on signs throughout the hotel. The room needed alot of updating. The wall paper was coming off, my husband had to fix the shower head so we could us it. We went down to the continential breakfast in the morning. This was a joke, they had stale cereal, frozen muffins and white bread for toast. The toaster's didn't work. The had coffee that wasn't even drinkable. When we went to leave the hotel we had arranged a shutte to the port of miami. We made it very clear that we were a party of 15 and we wanted to have 1 shutte take all of us to the port. We were told that wouldn't be problem, but when the time came for us to leave we had to take two different shuttles.
I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Dirty bed linens, wiring exposed,hairdryer hanging out of hole in wall, telephone didn't work, sink didn't drain, toilet clogged and toilet seat so old peeling! Nothing like pictures presented on their web page! Dangerous area! Our driver was shocked we were staying there.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!