“Well located hotel going through the process of a new ownership” 3 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #103 of 130 hotels in Miami
Brasil
“Well located hotel going through the process of a new ownership”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very good location, very close to the Metro Mover that lets you go places in Miami. Rates are convenient (around US$ 140), but do not expect any frills. Breakfast is included, but forget about something filled with goodies. Besides, breakfast hours are very strict, 7:00 to 9:30, if you get there at 9:30, staff will have removed most of the food. If you have any dietary restrictions, lets say, sugar, bring your own cereal, etc., for there was a choice between Fruit Loops and Frosted Flakes!!! However, it relly breaks your fast!

Room Tip: It is a good place to stay if you do not expect any luxuries and frills. They do not havce any miner...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Felt like the hotel from "The Shining". It may have been a beautiful hotel some 30 years ago, but after that nothing has been done to keep it in shape. There are cracks in the walls, it's dirty, it's loud. It is also situated in a rather shady location even though it is very central. Also the personnel are not more than teens and, although they are friendly enough, they can hardly answer any questions. Tried to ask how to find the way to some different spots and the answer was always to take a cab. On the plus side was the interesting decorations in the lobby and of course the location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Uxbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before we cruised off the Port of Miami on March 1/13. We typically stay elsewhere but everything was booked. The front of the hotel is misleading as it looks nice. They took forever to book us in. The lobby was okay but it got worse after that. The room was a disaster. Run down, only two pillows on the bed, one crappy blanket and no extra pillows in the cupboard. The cupboard door was off the hinge.The window was left open to a roof top that could be accessed through a fitness centre. I immediately locked the windows and checked under the bed to make sure no one was hiding there....LOL. Actually there was no fitness centre as it was closed and when we walked in there, there were two pieces of equipment which I am sure were from the 1950's. I told my husband to bolt the doors which I have never done before. I called the front desk to ask then the continental breakfast started and they didn't answer. I then called room service and they didn't answer. No coffee maker in the room. The bathroom was clean however but no hair dryer. The continental breakfast consisted of small wrapped muffins, white bread for a toaster that broke apart when you tried to release your toast. When I asked if there was tea the lady just said "no" and walked away. There was a couple that slept on the couch outside of the restaurant, apparently because the hotel overbooked them. The check out was also a disaster as there was only one person on staff (the manager) and everyone was complaining. I am glad I didn't get bug bites. On a positive note the hotel was walking distance to the Biscayne shopping area and close to the free shuttle. Too bad this hotel is poorly managed as it could have potential.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel from Feb 26 - March 3. Check-in was quick. First room was not cleaned and asked for a switch which was accommodated quickly. Next room was better, but still looked run down. The room showed signs of wear and tear from all the years. The decor looks like its straight from the 80's. The beds were quite hard. Free WiFi is only available in the lobby (not great for nighttime web surfing). Water stains on the ceiling both in the bathroom and bedroom. Under the sink was rusted out part of the vanity that they tried to cover up with paint but didn't work. Stains on the curtains. No minibar or fridge. The only thing the room had going for it was its sheer size. It was a really big room. With updated and regular maintenance this could be a good hotel. But check out was a nightmare. The lines were long and the computer system crashed, leaving only one person to check everyone out! Overall not a good experience and until things have changed, I would not consider staying here again. You've been warned.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Some friends of mine and myself stayed here just a few days ago. We thought the location was awesome, right in the heart of downtown, the river right behind the hotel. And everything was biking distance which was awesome. The Hotel at first seems great, beautiful lobby, then you go to your room. You then wonder why you paid any amount over 50$ to stay here. Our first room had no ac. We came back to it at 1030 at night and it was 80 degrees. We tried to call the front desk an the phone didn't work. We eventually got a 2nd room. Both rooms very similar, cheap mattresses with stains all over them, sheet and pillows that seemed to be made out of paper. Shower had no hot water. Tv was from the late 90s. The valet downstairs also broke my ignition on my truck. I couldn't even get a refund for the cost of parking let alone the cost of repairs. This hotel is a toilet in the city of miami. Avoid it. Unless like I said previously, you get a 50$ room.

• Stayed February 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The negative comments about this hotel are based on the hotel before they changed it all. We spoke to the staff and they told us all about how it was before. The new manager basically changed all the staff to new people who wanted the same thing - a good service and a great hotel.

We thought that downtown Miami would be all business and no fun but we went to a great cuban place just a block away to have dinner and listened to people singing karaoke and it was great and so much fun!

This hotel has a really charming old fashioned feeling about it and were very happily surprised about our experience there.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

When i first booked this hotel it had mixed reviews by people. most people did not like it so i was not looking forward to my stay.
As i arrived to the hotel 3 hours after been stuck in miami airport due to my suitecase been lost by american airlines. I was tired as i had been up for 22 hours. I spoke to the lady on reception about what had happened and she checked me in which only took a few minutes.
The next day was saturday and i needed to get to the miami marathon expo to pick up my running pack. Before leaving the hotel i asked the man had my suite case came to the hotel yet but i was informed no. he said he would keep it at the desk for me when it came as he could see how stressed i was about my case(it had my running stuff)
I asked the man which is the best way to get there. He advised i got a taxi which i did and was happy to do as my map reading is not the best. When i returned to the hotel a few hours later i asked was my case there the lady informed me no but then the man who i had spoke to earlier came out of the office and informed me that he had put my case in my room for me. I was very greatful for this as i dont think its hotel policy to do this for guests.
The contental breakfast was nice there was a choice of muffins, ceral, toast, juice, coffee and tea. breakfast is self service which suites me as i travel alone plus u can get the free wifi in hear.
I used the mono train to get myself about and got used to the diffrent stations and the way it worked (its free). i used the entrace at the knight centre which is less then 1 minute from the hotel entrance. If i needed to be a certain places the staff would get me maps and directions.
Maceys is less than 5 minutes walk bayside is about 15 minutes walk and 5 minutes on the mono train (4 stops i think) Bayside has the nissan arena, shops, market and places to eat plus you can get a boat ride to south beach or round miami.
My room had a double bed, tv and a window view of the river. The cleaners came into my room and they were nice and polite.

good things:
ten minutes from the airport
staff are helpful, polite and friendly.
Free contental breakfast
free wifi in the hotel reception
Good location
Large hotel (9 floors)
pool (i did not go in as did not have time)

bad points:
hotel reception was cold on a night.
the rooms could do with more style.

I would recomed this hotel to my friends and family plus would go back myself. If your wanting a hotel room like your home then this is not the place for you. However if you are looking for a room like yours at home i would not book any hotel as you'll not be happy where ever you book.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!