“great hotel and staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #103 of 130 hotels in Miami
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“great hotel and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

When i first booked this hotel it had mixed reviews by people. most people did not like it so i was not looking forward to my stay.
As i arrived to the hotel 3 hours after been stuck in miami airport due to my suitecase been lost by american airlines. I was tired as i had been up for 22 hours. I spoke to the lady on reception about what had happened and she checked me in which only took a few minutes.
The next day was saturday and i needed to get to the miami marathon expo to pick up my running pack. Before leaving the hotel i asked the man had my suite case came to the hotel yet but i was informed no. he said he would keep it at the desk for me when it came as he could see how stressed i was about my case(it had my running stuff)
I asked the man which is the best way to get there. He advised i got a taxi which i did and was happy to do as my map reading is not the best. When i returned to the hotel a few hours later i asked was my case there the lady informed me no but then the man who i had spoke to earlier came out of the office and informed me that he had put my case in my room for me. I was very greatful for this as i dont think its hotel policy to do this for guests.
The contental breakfast was nice there was a choice of muffins, ceral, toast, juice, coffee and tea. breakfast is self service which suites me as i travel alone plus u can get the free wifi in hear.
I used the mono train to get myself about and got used to the diffrent stations and the way it worked (its free). i used the entrace at the knight centre which is less then 1 minute from the hotel entrance. If i needed to be a certain places the staff would get me maps and directions.
Maceys is less than 5 minutes walk bayside is about 15 minutes walk and 5 minutes on the mono train (4 stops i think) Bayside has the nissan arena, shops, market and places to eat plus you can get a boat ride to south beach or round miami.
My room had a double bed, tv and a window view of the river. The cleaners came into my room and they were nice and polite.

good things:
ten minutes from the airport
staff are helpful, polite and friendly.
Free contental breakfast
free wifi in the hotel reception
Good location
Large hotel (9 floors)
pool (i did not go in as did not have time)

bad points:
hotel reception was cold on a night.
the rooms could do with more style.

I would recomed this hotel to my friends and family plus would go back myself. If your wanting a hotel room like your home then this is not the place for you. However if you are looking for a room like yours at home i would not book any hotel as you'll not be happy where ever you book.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

It did not take more than 5 minutes for me to check out of this place. I pulled the bed cover off and saw things crawling. I lost $25 on their valet parking and finally got my money back after disputing the charge through the credit card company. The hotel and Travelocity refused to credit me. I spent twice as much down the street at the Courtyard and couldnt have been any happier.
Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The ceilings were literally falling apart! Every time we used the elevator we feared being stuck. Pool was closed! OUT DATED! OUT DATED! OUT DATED! TERRIBLE MATTRESSES! We left the same day we checked in and went to a different hotel. I must admit it has a good location but its not worth it. STAY AT A NEIGHBORING HOTEL!

• Stayed August 2012
Turku, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only 1 night. I chose this hotel because it was close to port of Miami. That was actually only good thing about this hotel. Hotel was really outdated and needs refurbishment. For one night it was ok, but I wouldn't stay at this hotel any longer. Breakfast was really basic, toast, butter, pastries, cereals, coffee, milk and juice. Service was just ok. Shuttle service to port worked well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newfoundland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Returned to hotel to find room door open. Fortunately everything was intact but unnerving experience. Gave us a room with a broken lock, "upgraded" to a suite. No room less than a suite should ever be rented out here. Beds are rock hard, furnishings old and dirty, carpet worn. Spend the extra to stay in comfort and safety. I wish I heeded the warnings on TA.

• Stayed January 2013
Lima, Perú
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel was as I expected for the price. It was confortable, the employees, very kind and efficient. The only thing I would to improve was the breakfast (the same everyday), and the availability of internet in the rooms

Room Tip: The rooms with view to Miami River, the best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

River Park Hotel is not the most fantastic hotel out there, but I chose it because of its price and location. I was in Miami for business, and comparing it to one of the Hilton hotels I previously stayed in (paid by my company) would be unfair. The furniture was outdated, and the elevator was a bit creaky, and Bee Gees music looped constantly at the reception area, but the highlights for me overpowered these low points. For the price I was paying, I got a lounge room with my bedroom - the lounge area included a kitchen sink, dining room table, couch and TV. Let alone the TV in my bedroom as well. Basic amenities were provided, and breakfast was provided too. But don't get disillusioned. Again, you get for the price you're paying. It was a "no nonsense" Continental breakfast with plastic plates and cups put out there, and you could pick up your own vacuum packed Danish pastry, cupcake, toast and cereal. It was a buffet though, so come on, you can't be picky. And yes, you don't get wi-fi in your room, so loads of people gathered on the ground floor with their laptops.
The best part for me were the friendly reception staff. When I checked in, it appeared that the hotel was really popular, with mostly families checking in, and the staff spoke both Spanish and English for these visitors. Their names were Cynthia and Danubio, and as busy as it was, they still took the time to get to know the visitor - where are you from; why are you here; what do you do. They made the visitor still feel like a special individual for that brief moment before the next person had to check in. I had to print something out, and had no printer; and these two staff members organised a print-out for me. I asked the best way to get to South Beach, and they didn't just say, "take a taxi"; Cynthia offered me suggestions of how to use the bus as well. I don't know how they cope day in and day out with Bee Gees music looping constantly (it is a bit much when it's the same songs) but they always had a smile and offered great service.
I wanted a basic hotel room with a bathroom during my stay in Miami, and I got exactly that. And friendly service to top it off.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!