“This hotel needs refurbishment!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #101 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Turku, Finland
“This hotel needs refurbishment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only 1 night. I chose this hotel because it was close to port of Miami. That was actually only good thing about this hotel. Hotel was really outdated and needs refurbishment. For one night it was ok, but I wouldn't stay at this hotel any longer. Breakfast was really basic, toast, butter, pastries, cereals, coffee, milk and juice. Service was just ok. Shuttle service to port worked well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Newfoundland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Returned to hotel to find room door open. Fortunately everything was intact but unnerving experience. Gave us a room with a broken lock, "upgraded" to a suite. No room less than a suite should ever be rented out here. Beds are rock hard, furnishings old and dirty, carpet worn. Spend the extra to stay in comfort and safety. I wish I heeded the warnings on TA.

• Stayed January 2013
Lima, Perú
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel was as I expected for the price. It was confortable, the employees, very kind and efficient. The only thing I would to improve was the breakfast (the same everyday), and the availability of internet in the rooms

Room Tip: The rooms with view to Miami River, the best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

River Park Hotel is not the most fantastic hotel out there, but I chose it because of its price and location. I was in Miami for business, and comparing it to one of the Hilton hotels I previously stayed in (paid by my company) would be unfair. The furniture was outdated, and the elevator was a bit creaky, and Bee Gees music looped constantly at the reception area, but the highlights for me overpowered these low points. For the price I was paying, I got a lounge room with my bedroom - the lounge area included a kitchen sink, dining room table, couch and TV. Let alone the TV in my bedroom as well. Basic amenities were provided, and breakfast was provided too. But don't get disillusioned. Again, you get for the price you're paying. It was a "no nonsense" Continental breakfast with plastic plates and cups put out there, and you could pick up your own vacuum packed Danish pastry, cupcake, toast and cereal. It was a buffet though, so come on, you can't be picky. And yes, you don't get wi-fi in your room, so loads of people gathered on the ground floor with their laptops.
The best part for me were the friendly reception staff. When I checked in, it appeared that the hotel was really popular, with mostly families checking in, and the staff spoke both Spanish and English for these visitors. Their names were Cynthia and Danubio, and as busy as it was, they still took the time to get to know the visitor - where are you from; why are you here; what do you do. They made the visitor still feel like a special individual for that brief moment before the next person had to check in. I had to print something out, and had no printer; and these two staff members organised a print-out for me. I asked the best way to get to South Beach, and they didn't just say, "take a taxi"; Cynthia offered me suggestions of how to use the bus as well. I don't know how they cope day in and day out with Bee Gees music looping constantly (it is a bit much when it's the same songs) but they always had a smile and offered great service.
I wanted a basic hotel room with a bathroom during my stay in Miami, and I got exactly that. And friendly service to top it off.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Itajai, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The only impressive thing about the hotel is the lobby. The hotel is old and outdated. We asked for a non-smoking room and the room was smelling bad, I´m not sure if it was because it has not being used or if it was a smoking room at some point before. There´s no fridge in the bedrooms and no ice machines. No wi-fi in the bedrooms as well, only in the lobby. There´s also no parking, only valet parking at 25U$ a day. The breakfast is very basic. I don´t recommend this hotel at all!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wexford, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel was so bad, that my family tells stories about it, and thankfully, they have a sense of humor about it. I'll start with the good....and there is really only one good thing about it, which is the location. If you are taking a cruise, it's VERY close to the port in Miami, which meant a very cheap cab ride (I think we paid like $10 with tip for our family of five - see note about that below). It was about a $30 cab ride (with tip) from the airport. And there was a nice little area across the bridge that we walked to for dinner that had a PF Changs and other upscale restaurants. Now for the bad. The hotel is VERY run down with mattresses that I'm afraid to guess the age of. The carpets are stained, there are literally holes in the walls, the gym was "out of order." We got two rooms - one for my husband and myself, and the other for our three children. Our room was TINY, barely fit a queen sized bed in it. Their room was HUGE - they had two beds (maybe queens, maybe doubles...not sure) and could still do cartwheels in it. I swear their room was at least four times the size of ours. And the price was only like $2 more per night for their room. The service wasn't great - the guy working at the desk was nice and was trying, but he was just overwhelmed because he was by himself. It said the check in time was 3:00...we got there at 3:00 and were told that our rooms weren't ready and we had to wait another 15 minutes. The breakfast was pathetic - bread to make toast, juices and cold cereals. Nothing hot, nothing healthy. My daughter has celiac disease and couldn't eat a single thing there - they didn't even have fruit or yogurt. Overall, here's my opinion of the place: if you only need one night and it's significantly cheaper than everything else around it - suck it up and do it. That was the situation we were in. But I would NEVER stay at this hotel for more than one night.

Note about transportation to the port. The hotel has a shuttle service that is $6/per person. While I'm sure it's a nice shuttle, we opted to take a cab, which was right outside the front door, and cost us only $10 with tip. For the five of us, we would have paid $30 for the shuttle (plus tip - so more like $35)...and we would have had to go on THEIR schedule, which means we would have waited 45 minutes for the next shuttle. If there isn't a cab right outside of the hotel, you can walk next door to the nicer hotel (can't remember which chain), and there are TONS of cabs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sixteenth floor - it seems nicer than the other floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

this has to be the worst hotel in Miami. i can not think of any possible good thing to say about this place. the bar was closed off. the restaurant had a padlock on the door. the pool was not very inviting either. the lobby was litter with trash. the ceilings everywhere you looked was breaking or caving in.

Room Tip: there is not one good room at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!