This hotel was so bad, that my family tells stories about it, and thankfully, they have a sense of humor about it. I'll start with the good....and there is really only one good thing about it, which is the location. If you are taking a cruise, it's VERY close to the port in Miami, which meant a very cheap cab ride (I think we paid like $10 with tip for our family of five - see note about that below). It was about a $30 cab ride (with tip) from the airport. And there was a nice little area across the bridge that we walked to for dinner that had a PF Changs and other upscale restaurants. Now for the bad. The hotel is VERY run down with mattresses that I'm afraid to guess the age of. The carpets are stained, there are literally holes in the walls, the gym was "out of order." We got two rooms - one for my husband and myself, and the other for our three children. Our room was TINY, barely fit a queen sized bed in it. Their room was HUGE - they had two beds (maybe queens, maybe doubles...not sure) and could still do cartwheels in it. I swear their room was at least four times the size of ours. And the price was only like $2 more per night for their room. The service wasn't great - the guy working at the desk was nice and was trying, but he was just overwhelmed because he was by himself. It said the check in time was 3:00...we got there at 3:00 and were told that our rooms weren't ready and we had to wait another 15 minutes. The breakfast was pathetic - bread to make toast, juices and cold cereals. Nothing hot, nothing healthy. My daughter has celiac disease and couldn't eat a single thing there - they didn't even have fruit or yogurt. Overall, here's my opinion of the place: if you only need one night and it's significantly cheaper than everything else around it - suck it up and do it. That was the situation we were in. But I would NEVER stay at this hotel for more than one night.
Note about transportation to the port. The hotel has a shuttle service that is $6/per person. While I'm sure it's a nice shuttle, we opted to take a cab, which was right outside the front door, and cost us only $10 with tip. For the five of us, we would have paid $30 for the shuttle (plus tip - so more like $35)...and we would have had to go on THEIR schedule, which means we would have waited 45 minutes for the next shuttle. If there isn't a cab right outside of the hotel, you can walk next door to the nicer hotel (can't remember which chain), and there are TONS of cabs.
- Also Known As:
- River Park Hotel And Suites Downtown/Convention Center
- River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/
- River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/ Miami
- River Park Hotel Downtown
- River Park Hotel & Suites
- River Park Hotel
- River Park Hotel Suites
- River Park Hotel Miami
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Cheap Tickets, Budget Places, Otel, Hotwire, Venere, Priceline, EasyToBook, Olotels, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.