“Great location, huge rooms, safe location, good service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #83 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Hyvinkaa, Finland
“Great location, huge rooms, safe location, good service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was spending four nights there just two weeks ago and I don`t understand why so many people have so negative experiences about this hotel, mine was totally different.
The location of hotel is very good, just couple of miles from Port Of Miami and an amazing Bayside Market Center where is Hard Rock Cafe and many other restaurants..Also The Downtown where this hotel is located is very safe, you can walk there at nights easily without any fear, there are only homeless people but they are harmless. Also there are many good stores and restaurants near hotel and you can get taxi or metromover easily.
The rooms are huge and there are also smoking room available and an amazing view from the hotel windows.
The breakfast was modest but also the price of hotel is cheap so I did not expect so much, at least coffee was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Slovak first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Quite possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. We arrived at 12:30am, to find the door to the room open. The bed springs made all kinds of noise just trying to turn over, the sheets were stained, the walls were dirty, and the a/c didn't work. We immediately Pricelined the Hyatt Regency next door for only $85/night. Stay far,far away from this place. Paying a few extra bucks to stay somewhere else will be the best money you spend in Miami.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Fernando, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

11/17/12. Chose hotel for location (not far from Cruise Port). Check-in was slightly delayed, but we had arrived a little early. We waited in a spacious lobby for a short while and was told our room was ready (314). Hall carpets were old and dingy and entry doors were pretty close together (almost like jail cells) indicating maximum use of floor space. Room was adequate for an overnight stay. There were signs of some minor upgrades but carpet was not one of them. Didn't remove my socks and turned back the coverlet. Found out I didn't have face cloths so asked the maid but she didn't have any. Was directed to the Lobby and was told they would be sent up. We waited and, after a while went to dinner. There's a great free train system a few steps from the front door that takes you downtown to shops and restaurants until midnight. Knight Station was our location. Enjoyed a meal at Bubba Gump's, near the water, but there were many restaurant options. Returned to the hotel. No face cloths. Called down. "Would be sent up." An hour or so later called again. "Would be sent up". Getting tired now. I am on West Coast time and we're on the East Coast trying to acclimate. Finally found a pair of scissors and cut a hand towel in half - we both finally had face cloths. Don't squeal in horror, the scissors were not sharp and the towels were very thin. Slid the chain lock across the door before going to bed. Turned off the lights and found we could still see light from the hall outside due to the ill fitting door. Even with a modern key card I did not feel the door provided adequate safety. When we checked out, we still had not received the promised face cloths. The front desk did not inquire about our stay or ask anything that would have elicited a response (wonder why). Staff was courteous but management should follow through when services are requested by hotel guests. I'm used to being called by the front desk to ask if whatever was asked for was delivered and if everything is satisfactory. I feel that in spite of the age of the hotel, management should ensure that hotel guest requests are taken care of satisfactorily. Had that been the case, I would have given the hotel a better rating. I would never stay here more than one night and would most likely look for another hotel next time I cruise. Total paid with all taxes and fees was $114.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I believe that this hotel was rather nice back when it was first built. Now, many of the furnishings are a bit worn and dated but when you compare the cost of the room to others in the area I was more than willing to put up with too much gold trim and mirrors. Perfect for a pre/post cruise stay over. The room was clean and I was surprised to see that we had a suite instead of just a small cramped room. The shower controls took a bit of muscle but worked well once I got it going. The breakfast is pretty minimal - a bag of frosted flakes, prepackaged danish and bagels along with coffee and orange juice. The hotel is alongside the Miami People Mover, a free rail transportation system. I spent a couple of bucks using the Miami metro to get to the government center transfer stop and then took it right stop (can't recall which one). We used the hotel shuttle at $10 a person to go to our cruise. [Note, while the cruise said boarding was from 1-3, we were there at about 1130 and got right on the ship.] The hotel is alongside the river and we took a nice walk along the river and was very pleased to see a manatee right by the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

the hotel was ok, quite far from the airport, taxi cost about 26 dollars, continental breakfast included the usual bagels, cereal, juice/tea etc. the room was clean, my bathroom was fantastic, but i stayed in two different rooms and the second bathroom was just small and ordinary so the bathroom you get depend on the room. i found that the single person room bathroom was larger and better than the twin room. there are 2 different metro stations near the hotel, one was 5 minutes walk and the other 10 minutes away. the hotel was about an hour from miami beach which sucked as we thought it was closer. also has a tiny gym room with 2 equipments but only one worked. there is a smimming pool but we didnt use this so cant comment on it

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Too many negatives to list, but the big one was that I put my purse in the room safe while at the beach. When I tried to get it out as I had several times before, it malfunctioned and gave an "error" message. Let me make it clear that I entered the code correctly, it said "open" but remained locked. I even had my friend try it, just in case i had indeed made an error, as we both knew the code. No luck. When I came to the front desk to request that someone come with a key (couldn't call because the phone in my room didn't work) I was told that "he" had left for the evening, and that there was nothing they could do until morning. Her attitude was one of complete and utter apathy that made me sick to my stomach. Thank God I had friends to loan me money and that I didn't have a plane to catch. So not only did this hotel need updates and cleaning, but the amenities and service were beyond sub-par. You're better off at Motel 6.

• Stayed November 2012
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This review is mostly based on service... But before I get into that, let's just talk about the hotel itself. It is obviously and older hotel in need of some updates, but the outside and lobby area was not too bad. I've seen worse. The room itself definitely needed some tlc. The non-smoking rooms stunk of smoke, one of the lights in the bathroom needed to be replaced, the chair had some nasty looking stains on it and the walls looked partially repainted (they made outlines of the furniture but must of ran out of paint so they didn't finish). The scariest thing was noticing the little hole in the window... looked like it might have been a bullet hole. So as far as cosmetics are concerned, this place is in desperate need of a facelift. But, the WORST part of the hotel was the service! We had made a reservation for this place for one night before we had to move on. The reservation was made about 2 months in advance, one room for my parents and one room for us. My parent got to the hotel around 8pm and got their room. They wanted to check us in (our flight didn't get in till 10:30pm) but the staff said that we could check in later and there would be not problem. Fast forward to when we arrived and this is what we were told, "I'm sorry, we somehow overbooked. I don't know how this happened, but we are overbooked." So I told him that I had made a reservation, my parents have their room and I would like mine. "We are overbooked. I don't know how this happened. We are working with other hotels to try to get rooms." So we left our cell number with these people and went to my parent's room. We ended up sleeping on the floor in my parent's room because they never ended up calling us for their back up plan. I traveled 3,000 miles and made a reservation 2 months in advance and you can't even offer me a room. WHAT'S THE POINT OF A RESERVATION?!?! I will never stay here again and I will never recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: My tip: Don't stay here!