Riverpark Hotel & Suites, Miami, Florida: Good location but curt staff.
We stayed at the hotel for the night of June 13. We arrived at the hotel at about 10 A.M. whereas the check in time was 3.00 P.M. We were told that early check-in would cost USD 30.00. However, we could check at about 12.00 whether a room is available. We asked whether we could leave our baggage. We were told that would be USD 2 per bag.
We sat down in the lobby to connect the internet and plan our day. There was trouble getting connected, the hotel staff could not provide any help. We managed to get connected after a long persistent trial with different alternatives. The hotel lobby had a large number of discount coupons and travellogues nicely displayed. It was 11.30 by the time we figured out what we could do during the day. We enquired again about the availability of room and were told that the room would be available in about half an hour.
We decided to wait. A person came and told us that the room was ready and we could check-in. The lady at the reception, however, said that the room was still not ready and that we will have to wait for a few minutes more. This 'wait for a few .more minutes' continued for acouple of hours and we could check-in only at about 2.30 P.M.
In contrast to the sparkling lobby area, the elevators had a very worn out look. The room was also not very clean and had some broken tiles. There was no refrigerator in the room. Wi-Fi connectivity was available only in the lobby
A free metromover is available in Miami downtown. The metromover station was right across the hotel giving easy access to all attractions in the downtown area. All the markets in the vicinity were closed, probably because it was a Monday. THe place had a deserted look by 9.00 P.M which we did not expect in a city like Miami.
The hotel was a disappointment specially after receiving excellent hospitality earlier in a hotel on Miami Beach and on board a cruise liner.
We wish the staff was a little more polite,courteous and responsible. Location and low tariff would still probably make it worth staying in the hotel for a low budget traveller.
- Also Known As:
- River Park Hotel And Suites Downtown/Convention Center
- River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/
- River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/ Miami
- River Park Hotel Downtown
- River Park Hotel & Suites
- River Park Hotel
- River Park Hotel Suites
- River Park Hotel Miami
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.