“Great Front Desk Staff makes the Difference in this strategic located Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center

Save Saved
You added River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center to your Saves list
River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 SE 4th Street, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #100 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great Front Desk Staff makes the Difference in this strategic located Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I have stayed 2 weekends in a row on River Park Hotel during a leisure & business trip and the staff crew trated me really well. Hotel is startegically situated aside the river, walking distance from Brickell Village, where restaurants and bars are amust; Key Brickell, a place for business meetings and jogging on luxury high stylish ambiance. Despite elevator that is really slow or restaurant thas is under development, Front Desk Manager Silveria and Freddy know how to treat and simply upgrading room under availability I have experienced a real big suite with area enough to get back and gather with 4 colleagues. My first weekend was alone and the room was big. Second weekend was even greater. There is a great latin senior guy that helps guiding the in-house taxi wherever you need, who also gave me great recommendations for stylish bar just in front of Morton´s. Access to local bus or metro is very easy, so moving to Ocean Drive is just 20 minutes bus and let you stay back for a complete night life, where the zone is also easy to walk as to skate around. Next time I will definitively repeat and taste new facilities they will have.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I didn't think the place could have been as bad as other reviewers were saying, but....it really was that bad!!! The receptionist was unfriendly and could not find our reservation. The place was very filthy and worn out. The bed mattress was the worst part. It was supposed to be a queen size, but was actually a full size instead, and you could feel all the springs when laying on it. The wireless Internet had a weak signal as well as a weak password (I guessed it in one try and easily logged on). Although the place may have once been a nice hotel, it clearly is not currently being managed properly or professionally. The only good thing about this hotel is it's location. We were glad that our stay was only for one night. Never again!

Room Tip: Do not try to save a few bucks on Florida hotels!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This hotel is very old, not well maintained, the pool is very small, no restaurants in the suroundings. The employees have difficulty understanding english, when we ask for the minibar, they sent us a small (empty) refrigerator to our room, entering the room while we where asleep. The continental breakfast is very minimal, if you don't like bagels with cream cheese or cereal, you won't be satisfied. The shuttle was included in the price of the room, but we had to pay 6 $ each to get to the port.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This is the most terrible hotel that I stayed in the past few years.

1. The hotel claims free wi-fi access, which actually means wireless is ONLY available in their main lobby (NO internet access of any sort in their rooms).

2. The hotel staff are indifferent and not knowledgeable--I made a reservation for 4 nights stay, the receptionist only gave me 3 nights and was indifferent when I pointed out to her. I had to wait to speak to their manager the following day to get this fixed.

3. To make your stay even worse, their system was not working correctly, such that I had to reactivate my room card EVERYDAY.

4. The breakfast was very limited and what's worse--it was only offered between 8-10AM.

5. Due to all those issues, there is always a long line at the reception desk. Expect a wait!!

6. I have not gone into the rooms themselves yet. The rooms are decent-sized. However, they are not equipped right. For my room, two full bed was placed in a room that is clearly designed for a single queen/king bed--therefore the headboard does not align. The beddings and the towls are of poor quality. In addition, the furniture is outdated.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
North Arlington, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My wife and I spent 1 night at the River Park Hotel & Suites in the fall of 2006 solely because of the price and location to the port (for a cruise we were taking). We knew nothing about the hotel other than the "ok" star rating on Expedia. We weren't familiar with the website review sites at that time. It was an okay experience. At that time they had a buffet restaurant that was in operation and the cost and quality were fair. The roms were clean and the staff were curtious. 2 years later (this past June) were were traveling to Costa Rica that required a connecting flight in Miami. We decided to tour the city, so we decided to stay for 2 nights in Miami. We had no qualms about staying at the River Park Hotel & Suites. The staff was curtious. They assisted with arranging the tour as well as obtaining a car to drive us to the airport. It was only $30 one way, but that was the total for both of us combined, not per person as other reviewers have stated. Yes, the staff were likely of a foreign heritage, but even though we could speak Spanish, the staff never assumed we dide and spoke to us in English and spoke to other staff in front of us in English. The pool was warm and clean. The exercise equipment worked. The continental breakfast were bagels, toast, pastries, cold cereal, juice, tea, coffe, milk and some fruit. It was fine for a continental breakfast that was included in our stay. The rooms and bedding were clean. The AC was working. We had problems with the phone, but within 15 minutes of walking to the front desk, the handyman fixed the phone. Wireless internet connection was available in the lobby for free as was the use of 1 computer and printer. Yes, it would have been nicer to be able to access the internet in the room, so I used my Smartphone for that. Yes, just outside the pool there wer benches that were meant for people to rest, not drunks to congregate, but the staff called the police and the police made the undesirables go away. Yes, if we were staying in Miami for a week, we'd likely want to stay in a hotel with more amenities. However, for a stopover or a few day stay, the River Park Hotel & Suites was fine. Overall we had a nice time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed at the River Park Hotel and Suites in downtown Miami one night prior to boarding a cruise that departed from the nearby port. Chose the hotel because of the location and price, assuming based on website pictures that the hotel would be fine for the one day. I WAS WRONG.

Upon checking into the hotel they couldn't find my reservation. Okay, it happens. But the "don't give a crap" attitude of the two front desk agents was extremely rude and frustrating. Further, they proceed to speak to each other in another language in front of my fiance and I for 10 minutes while they shuffle paper around trying to find the reservation. Finally it's found, and we're given a key to the room. We're on vacation, all is forgotten, let's move on.

Then we get to the room. The rooms are a joke! All these reviews about mohagany furniture, beautiful bathrooms, etc. is a total scam. The rooms are extremely dated, with very old and beat up furniture, peeling walls, pulled up carpet, and are very poorly lit. The hotel would make a Motel 6 look like a 5-star hotel - I was completely grossed out. Again, the attitude of "it's only one night" took over and we just decided to suck it up and keep our sense of humor.

Then we get into bed to find stains on the sheets. Resorted to pulling towels off of the rack and sleeping on top of towels. 6:30am couldn't come early enough so we could get the heck out of there. Slept with one eye on the clock all night, counting the minutes.

Finally, the part that really threw me over the ledge, was getting home to find out I've been billed twice (for two seperate amounts??) for the room. So I call, ask for a manager, and a manager never seems to be on duty. I get transfered to a voicemail over and over, and everyone that answers the phone just has a "don't care" attitude. Where are you Toni? I've been told I need to speak to Toni, but I'm starting to wonder if Toni exists?

I use TripAdvisor often to get input on trips but have never written a review until now. People absolutely need to be warned to avoid. Multiple other options in the area, and I would strongly suggest you look at all of them before you decide on this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

I stayed here for one weekend night as it was close to the event I was to attend, the first room they gave me smelled like smoke, when I asked for another room they said there wasn't any others and they would spray something, when I went back to the room, nothing was changed, still smelled like smoke and no spray, so I went back and complained some more and they FINALLY gave me another room which wasn't as bad smoke smelling that is. The light bulb was out in the entrance to the room. The heat and/or AC does not work, lucky that it wasn't too hot or too cold the date I stayed. No phone in room. My room was prepaid but they forced me to sign and initial 3 times for the two dollar charge for a SAFE which I told them I wouldn't use, they said everyone pays this charge. Is that legal? I hope some lawyer stays there soon. This hotel barely passes as a real hotel. They keep shoving 3-4 pizza menus under the door at night. No FLAT screen TV here, One night here was enough, the bed and furniture was I think from the 70's. Needs some serious updating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to River Park Hotel & Suites Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!