“We enjoyed our stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #18 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Cleveland, Ohio
“We enjoyed our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We had a rough beginning at the Hyatt House, but it turned out well in the end. We arrived late after a long drive, and our room we originally booked- was sold? How you ask? I have no idea- after we checked in we were given a handicap accessible room- due to some recent water damage to another room. I spoke with the manager Ms. Gody Almonte the next morning and she did credit our account for the previous nights mix-up and gave us the upgraded room that we requested.

The property overall is well maintained, we were traveling with our children going on a cruise and they loved the pool! The hot tub however, had a weird quirk- it would work in spurts i.e. 15 min on and then 20-30 min off- so each time we tried to use it, it would not work. My hubby and I did enjoy the pool. The breakfast was also well prepared- typical hot breakfast, with a variety of juices, sausage,bacon, eggs, potatoes, one day they had an omelet making station also. The best part was the FREE happy hour- which was more like a light dinner. Each night was different and ran M-Thursday, our particular nights were chicken/ spinach salad with nachos and Thai food another night. It also included the free wine and beer- along with COOKIES- yummy delicious cookies :). We used the laundry facility to wash our clothes, I believe there were four washers and dryers each. I also use the business area, which includes free internet and printing- which I needed for an additional luggage tag. We also used the gym-which was your typical hotel gym, several treadmills, elliptical and a "total gym" type of machine

All of the Hyatt House staff were friendly and helpful, but a gentleman that made an extra effort to be sure that my family and I felt welcome was Carlos! He was so friendly to all of us and make sure he also engaged a conversation with our children about the pool, swimming etc.

We would definitely stay here again- this was my second time staying at the property prior to cruising in Miami and I'd love to go again. If you book here- you will be happy you did!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt house, Miami Airport, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We strive to make every guest feel at home while they stay with us and review like yours let us know how successful we are. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Gody Almonte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt House Blue Lagoon by the Miami Airport for three nights this month and we loved it. If you haven't stayed at a Hyatt House, it's Hyatt's version of a Residence Inn. When we're travelling with the kids, we all love Residence Inn, and the Hyatt House didn't disappoint one little bit.

The two bedroom Trio Suite was perfect for our family of 5. Lots of room, two bathrooms, and most importantly, three TVs. We found it clean, comfortable and friendly. It was a great home base for all the things we wanted to do. We were there on a weekend, however, so traffic was really reduced.

The kids loved the pool, the workout room was OK, and the breakfast was pretty good with both healthier and less healthier options. There was lots of food and lots of choice. In my opinion the breakfast here was better than most Residence Inns.

It offers free parking and easy on/off access to the highway. Each member of the staff we encountered was friendly, helpful, and approachable, as you would expect with Hyatt. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I had an extra long layover in Miami after a long red-eye flight from Seattle and couldn’t wait to lay down in a bed for a little rest – thanks to the Hyatt House, I was able to get picked up right at my arrival, dropped off and checked in within 10 minutes of leaving the airport and got 4 hours of much needed rest in a superbly clean, spacious (very spacious!) and quiet room! I even was able to snag a little breakfast buffet with some great fresh fruit. The rooms are equipped with full size fridge, stove, kitchen area, sitting/living room and private bedroom, like a really nice one bedroom apartment. My only disappointment was that I wasn’t able to stay longer – the price was great, the service was great (I cannot remember his name – Carlos perhaps? – but the early morning front desk guy was amazing!!! He helped get me directions to get out of the airport to the super confusing shuttle area and even hooked me up with a toothbrush since mine was MIA in MIA). I would highly recommend this hotel if you are stopping in the Miami area, everything was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Very pleasant stay. Fair price and good location. Free breakfast every day, free access to internet, in public areas and room as well. Free parking and free snacks from 5 to 7 Monday thru Thursday. Gym, computer room and little snacks store.
The room has it all. Complete kitchen, with sink, microwave, dish washer, big stainless steel fridge and stove. Full sofa bed outside the bedroom/s with around 32 inches flat screen tv and DVD player. Iron, ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker and toaster.
Pool area have BBQ grills, good size pool and jacuzzi , having equipment to access both, the people with disabilities.
Overall very clean and staff nice and helpful

Room Tip: My husband and I, choose a room w one king bed but we fit 4 people (both of us and 2 kids) because...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel was to be the base for a family reunion holiday, with relatives flying in from London and NY and it did not disappoint! I was tasked with weeks of internet researching and review reading to find the best hotel to suit all of us and the Hyatt House Miami gave us exactly what we wanted!

The hotels own advertisement pictures on the website are the same standard in reality, well maintained, true description, beautiful grounds. We had a large 2 bedroom suite which was better than my 1st flat, which I spent 2 yrs in. The rooms are clean, fresh and presentable, space is very generous, mod cons all there and the beds are huge and comfortable. The bathrooms could do with some handrails to make it safer for elderly and young children to get in/out of the shower. Hallways and other communal areas are also well maintained and have a homely, warm feel. The free parking and breakfast/evening social were major bonuses which many other hotels either charge for or simply do not offer. The choice of food and drink on offer was whaaay better than we expected. We weren't planning to rely on it as we had bought our own food and had planned on dining out a lot. But when we did make it, we were impressed! Tasty, fresh, presentable and good quality produce. All the staff are courteous, friendly and professional and not just the guys in the suits. Gody and her team do a fantastic job at looking after their guests (especially when things go wrong) and after a 2 week stay there the only little negative I have is that the shuttle service needs more work. Felix, Juan and the other guys that drive the vans are helpful and friendly and you feel safe with them. But 2 shuttle vans simply is not enough to serve the frequency at which guests need this service.

On arrival in Miami we called for the shuttle twice and yet still waited 45-50 mins in the heat for it to finally arrive.This also meant we missed the evening social so were very hungry as well as exhausted on arrival. Meanwhile other local hotel shuttles were making multiple trips in that time. Also, the Hyatt vans logo does not stand out as well as other hotels vans making them difficult to spot in a sea of white vans. In desperation one day when stuck at the airport after waving off family and needed a ride back we asked for a ride from another neighboring hotel as they were frequently there and the Hyatt were not! To be honest I think its simply a case of spreading themselves too thinly rather than not being attentive. The drivers do a great job and will often drop guests off at nearby locations for stores/ restaurants etc... meaning other guests can sometimes be delayed getting to and from the airport. So they're trying to do the right thing by everyone but they just don't have enough vehicles/ drivers available. 1-2 more vans with drivers should solve it.
Overall in our opinion its a very high 3 star accommodation and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor (the highest floor) are best overlooking the pool at the back of the hotel. F...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I don't write may bad reviews for hotels, but this one was well deserved, The property seems older and worn, no problem for me, but when I find hair on bathroom floor that wasn't mine got me off to a bad start. Each night I returned to the room, the floor was littered with local restaurant flyers, and on the second night a dead roach on the floor in the bedroom, I left it there and sure enough the next day, even though the bed was made and the drain in the bathtub closed as if they cleaned it, the roach was still in plain site. The lack of cleaning is a big concern for me and I have attached some disgusting pictures to illustrate my point. The bed was very comfortable, but couldn't make up for the cleaning issue. The fitness center was well equipped, but alas the equipment was in disrepair, there were two ellipticals and both of them filled the room with ridiculous noise while in use, they need to be serviced. Location is horrible, after 4pm the entire area is in gridlock till 7PM, making the flyers on the floor I would never stay here again, and in fact will avoid Hyatt properties after this experience.

Room Tip: Walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors, stay on upper floor so you don't hear people abo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Philipsburg, St Maarten-St Martin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Another good stay. Free wifi, free breakfast, free night time snacks, free parking, spacious rooms, with kitchen. The housekeeping issues that this hotel previously faced were noticeably resolved. However, it is probably time to replace the mattresses, which feel old and tired (major sink hole). That is the only reason for rating this hotel average, otherwise it would be very good.

Room Tip: High rooms facing the airport are nice for planespotters
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us for the second time. Repeat business is very important to every organization, and we are honored that you chose to stay with us again. I also enjoyed meeting everyone in your group, and am very glad that they all enjoyed the tour of our historical theatre. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Gody Almonte

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!