“Old and rundown!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Bookmark
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #20 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Old and rundown!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I can't say anything good here. The staff was unprofessional at times. The food was decent not anything special and sometimes cold. Night staff had no coffee made in the lobby for early departures. And the night auditor was just awful with customers. This staff needs some serious training. They should call in for help. I will not stay here again. Sorry guys!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
On behalf of myself and my staff I would like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback about our staff is very important and helpful for us to strive and make improvements to exceed our guest's needs and expectations. Again I sincerely apologize that we did not live up to our expectations of seamless service. I hope you give us the opportunity on your next visit to Miami to. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Gody Almonte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Wilmette, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We just needed a night and a morning before a flight. This Hyatt House was perfect, parking, wifi, breakfast. Giant rooms with two king beds, clever kitchen and living area, great breakfast and clean pool in the sun shine.
We hit the jackpot and the price was perfect and a fraction of another Miami hotels.
Did I mention the breakfast?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the Hyatt house Miami Airport. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations in all areas. Our goal is to make memories for our guests and I am very happy that we succeeded in doing so for you. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are Miami.

san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This Hyatt House is quite a bit better than many others. The eating area is more spacious. Staff are exceedingly friendly. Our two bedroom suite is pretty much in line with similar room in other Hyatt House. What separates this one is the breakfast and evening social. The selections of breakfast is better and more diverse. You can order freshly cooked omelet. The evening "social" event is basically a mini buffet dinner! Salad, cheese, chili, beer, soda, red/white wines, cookies...on and on...We noticed that guests including both vacationing family and seasoned professional travelers. No wonder! The seasoned travelers knows where to stay!
Our rooms got quite a bit of jet noise. So be sure to ask front desk to give you a quiet room.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a quiet room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!

Beverly Hills, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We booked this hotel for one night pre-flight trip to Caribbean. As Hyatt Gold Passport members our room was complimentary. It's a good thing too because I wouldn't of paid much to stay here. The proximity to the airport is is the only good thing about this hotel (really motel). Free shuttle runs every half hour and if you miss it, you wait. We opted for a taxi since we missed the shuttle by minutes and didn't want to wait on the curb for another thirty minutes. Rooms are blah, decor outdated and a bit run down. Breakfast is terrible. We went early to grab a bite before our flight and hardly ate a thing. The breakfast space was unkept and extremely unappetizing. I cannot recommend this hotel even for a one night stay unless all you do is lay your head down and get up and leave early the next morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and we are so pleased you chose to stay with us. We want everyone to feel welcome and at home with us and I'm sorry we fell a little short of that. I apologize for the inconvenience and our absence when you tried contacting us for a shuttle ride and the quality of the breakfast area. Our management staff is looking into additional methods on arranging the transportation from the airport. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Being a Hyatt Gold Passport member, this hotel did not live up to Hyatt standards for me. It was old and outdated {for the price}. It appeared to be clean, but it didn't "feel" clean, if that makes sense.

I arrived late and the only parking available was on the opposite side of the building from where I was staying.

The bathroom was pretty small and unremarkable, but functionally fine.

The continential breakfast was pretty nice and provided a decent selection. Starbucks coffee, so that's a bonus.

The next time I'm in Miami, I'd probably try another hotel near the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel was exceptional! We were in Miami for the night and chose the hotel based only on online ratings and the reasonable price, and I'm so glad we did! The lobby and restaurant are clean and well taken care of. Our one-bedroom suite was so cute and had more than we needed: bedroom with TV, large bathroom, small living room with TV, and a nice sized kitchen with sink, microwave, large refrigerator AND dishwasher. I could have spent weeks here comfortably! The beds, also, are awesome! I sunk into it and immediately fell asleep. The pool area is nice and clean and the pool is heated. I had NO COMPLAINTS! It is right down the street from the airport and they provide shuttles every so often. South Beach is only about 15 minutes away, so I enjoyed being close enough, but not in the mix.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are delighted you were able to enjoy so much during your visit. Experiences like yours are what we strive to deliver to all of our guests throughout our property. I will share your comments with the team. It was great to have had you here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt house Miami Airport soon.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I chose Hyatt House for my overnight layover enroute to PUJ from Houston. Being a Gold Passport member I had good expectations of the property being of the Hyatt brand. My arrival from IAH landed at MIA at 9:22p after retrieval of my bag, I was on the curbside by 9:45p. After three calls to the front desk I was on the shuttle at 11:00pm. This is inexcusable and the staff were not overly apologetic or compensatory. Upon talking to the manager a week later they did offer to rectify the situation. In regards to the accommodations - they were nice enough. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this hotel because the main component of an airport hotel is convenience to the airport...if you cannot rely on the airport transportation to transport you in a timely fashion...well...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We're reviewing your comments with our team and adding additional procedures so we will be more prepared to manage the transportation for the airport. We understand how important an enjoyable, relaxing, and comfortable experience is while staying with us. We value your satisfaction and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay, and your feedback will help. Feel free to contact us personally if you would like to discuss this in further detail. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Gody Almonte

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!