“If no need to be in the mix...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #17 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“If no need to be in the mix...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is your place!! After dealing with a nightmare on SoBe, I found tranquility at a fair price. Comfy bed and extreme clean! Polite and considerate staff. Humongous room upgrade. It's not paradise but felt like heaven.

• Stayed March 2014
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt house, Miami Airport, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We strive to make every guest feel at home while they stay with us and review like yours let us know how successful we are. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

771 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I absolutely love this hotel. I stayed at this Hotel for 4 days to celebrate my bday. I've been to Miami several time and have always stayed in south beach but since I was travelling with my boyfriend who hates to eat out and loves to cook himself, we had to stay at a hotel with a full kitchen. The options around the beach were either very expensive or had very bad reviews. So i decided to try another part of town especially since we were able to rent a car for only $40 from Sixt rent a car and wanted to drive around to see other parts of Miami. I was actually skeptical at first but Miami-ft Lauderdale area has so much more to offer besides South Beach. Anyhow, we got to the hotel around 9pm.
The front desk person at check in was amazing, as soon as I gave him my name he recognized my reservation. I was impressed. He started a conversation with us, asked us where we were from and gave us tips on where to go and things to do. He was very nice and Professional. We saw him every night when we came back to the hotel and he would ask us how our day went.
The 1 bedroom apt was amazing. Super clean, and brand new. They had everything we needed in the kitchen, and the kitchen appliances were modern stainless steel. The bed was very comfortable. The heated pool and hot tub were always empty so my boyfriend and I could relax in peace after a long day. There's a bbq area by the pool, and we only used it once. The hotel staff turned it on for us and even gave us two free bottle of beers. Weeknights M-T they have a free happy hour where they serve wine and appetizers. The best part about staying at this hotel was Breakfast. The breakfast buffet has cold and hot items and has enough variety. And they switch it up a little each day. The lady who handles breakfast did a great job filling up the trays and cleaning up plates on the tables. There's a shopping center by the hotel with a grocery store, a bank, beer and wine and a Starbucks. It's a 20-25 mins ride to south beach. I only wish this hotel was closer to the beach, other than that our stay was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are delighted you were able to enjoy so much during your visit. Experiences like yours are what we strive to deliver to all of our guests throughout our property. I will share your comments with the team. It was great to have had you here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt house Miami Airport soon.

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed in a suite at this hotel in February 2014 before heading to a cruise. Checkin was a breeze and the staff were so accommodating and helpful . They allowed us a late check out and made transfer arrangements to our cruise ship with minimal cost to us. The hotel is clean and the pool area was very nice and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!

West Plains MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Hyatt House Miami airport is a real GEM!! The property, rooms, and amenities are similar to most other Hyatt House properties I've stayed at. What makes this hotel unique it the genuine friendliness of the staff. Many hotels have staff with permanent smiles on their faces because it's their job to be friendly. At this hotel, however, you get the real sense that these people truly care about you enjoying your stay. The two that stand out the most are Luis, the manager, and Alberto, the night shuttle driver. They go above and beyond what you would expect from hotel staff and seemed to really care about the guests enjoying themselves. They made my two boys and I feel like VIPs and I believe they go out of their way to treat every guest that way. Thank you and we'll be back in a couple of months for another stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the Hyatt house Miami Airport. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations in all areas. Our goal is to make memories for our guests and I am very happy that we succeeded in doing so for you. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with Luis and Alberto. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are Miami.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed there for business in September 2013. I expect a Hyatt to be a Hyatt. This hotel has peeling laminate tops on the folding tables, which they use in the dining area for breakfast, and chipped laminate in the elevator. Definitely needs an update. I expected more from Hyatt.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with the condition of the hotel. I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from Hyatt house. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was our first stay at a Hyatt House property, We had the 2-Bedroom Trio Suite , which has 2 bedrooms 2 washrooms, a Living room and a Kitchen. It was huge and we had ample room for all 5 of us. The location was perfect for us as I wanted to avoid the small rooms of downtown miami and be a little away from the hustle of miami downtown.The property is huge and has a lot of space for families , The Pool area was amazing with two Shiny Bar-b-cue grills and a lounge.
As Usual we had the legendary Hyatt breakfast but along with that we were invited to the lounge every weekday evening for a complimentary meal along with wines and beers which was availble for all guests.
As usual the front desk staff was very helpfull and courteus whenever we needed directions and recomendations, Nina and Gus Konstentinos were amazing and very accomodating. The rooms were clean and property was in good shape, I will however reccomend the mangement to change the seating and tables in the breakfast Lounge and they were a bit odd. But over all we had good times and will definately return if we are in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool so you can keep an eye on the kids while staying in the room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Due to weather conditions, we recently had to arrange a very late night layover in Miami on Sunday, March 2, 2014 . From the airport shuttle driver to the night manager we were really pleased with our treatment at this fine hotel. The manager arranged a quiet and upgraded room for us, all on very short notice. We will stay here any time we are in Miami. Kudos to their staff for making a nice end to a not so nice travel day!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay experience at the Hyatt house Miami Airport. I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations in all areas. Our goal is to make memories for our guests and I am very happy that we succeeded in doing so for you. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are Miami.

Gody Almonte

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!