“Good hotel for meetings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #17 of 130 hotels in Miami
Virginia Beach
“Good hotel for meetings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had a week of meetings there.
The rooms are big and comfortable.
The hotel serves breakfast and lite dinner.

They ensured all our needs were covered.

The hotel is close to the airport which is annoying if you come for vacation.

We will return there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your visit at Hyatt House Miami Airport. Perspective business travelers will definitely appreciate your review when they are trying to decide where to stay when traveling to Miami. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

771 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed for 1 night after a long flight.
We where given a 2 bedroom suite having only booked a 1 bedded suite.
Suite was clean with mini kitchen area with fridge microwave and stove.
We went to the free evening social which was nice it was Mexican night plenty of choice and free beer/wine and soft drinks.
The only problem we had with the room was it didn't get cool enough for us at night.
Breakfast was good plenty of fresh fruit yoghurt bagels cereals and a hot counter with scrambled egg sausage etc.
Staff at check out very friendly and efficient.
Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here one night after a cruise. We arrived around 11 a.m. and asked if it was possible to check in early (I thought we would not be able to). I was told a room was not ready but that the clerk would check with housekeeping and then said it would be about a 30 minute wait. About 10 minutes later, we were told our room was ready. We were given the keys to room 144. I booked a one bedroom suite but found we had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite for the same price.
The room had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a middle area with comfortable sofa and a complete kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove with oven, microwave, and dishwasher. Also included were dishes, pots and pans, glasses, silverware, etc.
The room was clean and nicely furnished. Although it was close to the airport, we never heard any noise. It was also close to shops and restaurants and a Publix store which was close enough to walk to although we drove.
The hotel had a nice pool and whirlpool in the inner court and also offers a free breakfast buffet with a lot of cold and hot choices. Monday- Thursday there is a free evening light meal available as well. We were there on a Sunday so I don't know how good that might be.
The desk clerks were helpful and friendly as were all the employees we can in contact with.
Check out was quick and efficient!
I would stay here again and also recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt house, Miami Airport, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We strive to make every guest feel at home while they stay with us and review like yours let us know how successful we are. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night before heading off to Jamaica for our anniversary. This is a nice hotel with an easy shuttle to and from the airport. The hotel is nice and the staff is attentive. The rooms are big but a little dirty. For just a stopover, the price and location are perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Hyatt house Miami Airport. Your feedback is much appreciated. We are thrilled to hear you had an exceptional stay with us, and we hope to see you next time you venture Miami!

General Manger
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel looks nice on the outside and so does the lobby, but the rooms are poorly rehabed, the hallway carpets are stained and the halls have an odor to them. The food at the manager's reception is less than average. Instant mashed potatoes that are dry, chicken wings that are flavorless, bruschetta that isn't bruschetta and some kind of shredded chicken concoction that you should stay away from. The staff are friendly enough, but there is a hint of attitude. I needed to sleep on 3 pillows to get the equivalent of 1. The cable channels are impossible to figure out and there are only a few worthwhile channels as it is. You can hear people flushing their toilets and showering at all hours. Logistics wise, it is a convenient location, but they have failed at pretty much every thing else.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor rooms. You can hear through the walls no matter what floor, but it is less so o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with the condition of the hotel. I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from Hyatt house. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The Hyatt House is conveniently located basically across the airport, to overnight is ok. Thankfully I did not experience roaches or dirty carpeting like I read in other reviews, I feel bad for those people, nobody should be exposed to a room like that specially when you are paying for.
My overall experience was not a good one either. The more I stay at Hyatt properties the more I regret, I want to CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP, obviously Hyatt corporation understand very VERY LITTLE ABOUT CUSTOMER LOYALTY, I did stayed at many Hyatt properties and the more I had stayed the more I want to just CANCEL my Gold Passport Membership. Upon arrival not only I wasn't even recognized for being a loyal member I was put in a room in the ground floor when I specifically requested A HIGHER FLOOR, which by law a woman traveling by herself will never be placed for obvious security reasons in the ground floor. I guess Hyatt knows little about rules. ( and not don't care how "safe they preach they property to be)
After dropping off my rental car at the Airport I had to wait for more then ONE HOUR FOR THE HOTEL SHUTTLE THAT HAD NEVER EVER ARRIVED. Upon calling the front desk I was told the shuttle runs every 20 minutes, even telling them that I WAS WAITING AT THE AIRPORT, THEY NEVER EVER HAD THE DECENCY TO TELL ME "WELL YOU HAVE TO LET US KNOW" WHEN IM LETTING YOU KNOW IM WAITING FOR YOUR SHUTTLE that never came. I did asked a good samaritan from the Sofitel hotel across the street from the Hyatt to drop me of , thank Goodness for somebody always willing to help. By the way KUDOS TO SOFITEL, A TRUE FIVE STARS HOTEL FROM WHERE HYATT SHOULD LEARN AND LOT ( I did stay at a Sofitel property that is how I know, I'm talking first hand experience) Needless to say my points, like always, was awarded for my stay. What is truly wrong with Hyatt, the more I stay the more they convince me they just do not want my business. If you are not a gold member then should be fine. People arriving well after I did was given higher floor rooms, upon asking they just simple said "we have no more rooms" really ?? The front desk staff has to either be changed completely or be given lesson about what "hospitality business means and how to treat customers"

Room Tip: make sure you do call ahead for their shuttle. I was never ever told I must call ahead, after waiti...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2014

Lancaster, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Unfortunately we were stuck here for several nights and dealt with room changes, cockaroaches, snot on the wall, dirty couches and carpeting, broken appliances, and much more. Furthermore, they claimed they were not with Hyatt, check with Hyatt Corporation, they are affiliated.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. It is dirty and not worth staying at this hotel at any price.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Gody Almonte

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!