“ideal for early flight/late arrival” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #17 of 130 hotels in Miami
Vancouver, Canada
“ideal for early flight/late arrival”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Free and regular shuttle from /to airport.In fact it has a counter at the airport during office hours. Clean and spacious room with free internet and good breakfast. Walking distance to supermarket and restaurants and Catholic church ( 10/15 minutes walk).Friendly and helpful staff and shuttle driver.In fact we arrived by early flight at 7am and were allowed early check in an hour later.

Room Tip: If airport counter is closed ,use phone at counter to call reception for shuttle.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

793 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed one night on transit through Miami and needed to be close to the airport.

To be fair this hotel has some good points. It is all suites and they are roomy and comfortable. It offers good value to groups and families perhaps on a tighter budget. I guess this is the reason why breakfast was crowded with young people and families,

But it wasn't what I was looking for on a business trip. It is no more than a three star grade. The decor is very faded and the furnishings are tasteless. I have always thought the Hyatt as a superior brand. This place was not. Breakfast was very basic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from Hyatt house. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel was rated quite highly, and I chose it for a quick 2-day trip to Miami with meetings in Coral Gables. Turns out to be another example of Tripadvisor's problem nowadays - it no longer serves the interests of the admittedly fewer subset of travelers who travel frequently and have higher expectations, but rather those of the many who are infrequent travelers with relatively low expectations and therefore easily pleased where the former kind would be disappointed.

Amanda at the front desk checked me in and was conscientious. No issues there. The layout of the hotel is such that it is a loooong walk to my room from the elevator - waaaay longer than most of the other hotels I stay in. If you are a single female traveler, you might want to specifically ask for a room closer to the elevator. The suite itself is barely ok:

Furnishings: the bedspread is garish and rather ugly, the bedsheets were ultra thin, the towels had a weird smell, there was no moisturizer on the bathroom counter...
Kitchen: there was exactly one tablespoon, the plates were spotted with some stains, the paper towels were at best a few microns thick...

Like I said, if you have never stayed at other extended stay hotels like Residence Inn, Candlewood Suites, or even other Hyatt House properties, you might be satisfied here. But, I must admit I felt somewhat let down soon as I walked in and that feeling grew over the next couple of hours.

The next morning, I woke up to find a WSJ outside the door - a nice touch. Also, the WiFi in the room was just fine most of the time.

I go downstairs for the breakfast at 7 am (note, I went early enough after the 6 am start and nowhere close to the end time of 9:30 am), and that was a mistake. It was easily the worst breakfast I had seen in a Hyatt House property - even the Hampton Inn properties have a vastly superior spread and organization, let alone other extended stay hotels. The scrambled eggs were a horribly cooked, congealed mass. The bread and half-bagels were of the lowest quality they could scrounge up. No frozen yogurt, no fruit to speak of, the oatmeal was yucky-looking... The whole spread was extremely indifferently put together, and was a massive disappointment given I got in late at night having missed dinner. There was no one around to ask about anything either.

The breakfast story was identically depressing the next morning too, so they were being consistently underwhelming.

Stay here if you have fairly low expectations of where you rest at night during your travels. But, if you travel even a few times a year, let alone every fortnight like some of us do, you are likely to be disappointed here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt House Miami Airport for one night before our flight to Bermuda Island and for one night at the end of our trip in August 2013. The hotel is closed to the airport.
The hotel offer the same quality you would expect from any Hyatt House. Our room was big with a kitchen and sitting area, separate bedroom with a comfortable bed and bathroom. They have also a free hot breakfast and free parking. Anyway, the second time, when we came back from Bermuda, we arrived in the night, the hotel was full booked and we had a very noisy room on the second floor.
I am not so sure if would like to book this place the next time I need a night closed to Miami airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here after my hotel was overbooked and got canceled. It wasn't my first choice but I was glad I got to stay here. It has the same quality you would expect from any HYATT. I just wish it was a bit closer to the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night at the end of a trip touring Florida in September 2013. The location is excellent for the airport and easy to access from main roads coming into Miami. Our suite was big. It had a very well equipped kitchen, great sitting area, separate bedroom, big wardrobe and bathroom. We even had 2 TV's! Breakfast was chaotic. We were lucky to find a table as soon as we arrived but many families were walking around with full plates of food unable to find anywhere to sit. The solution would be to place more tables outside on the terrace and encourage more people to eat out in the glorious sunshine!! Reception staff were friendly and very helpful. We used the business centre for free to print our boarding passes and so did not need to queue for them at the airport. Great place to stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Spacious rooms. Beds comfortable with plenty of pillows!! Spent a long time online trying to find a hotel while attending two Marlins games. So glad we chose Hyatt House, definitely will stay here again!! Close to airport, and easy to get to the ballpark in less than 15 minutes. Front desk staff was very friendly and the breakfast bar was a wonderful start to our day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!