“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #16 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Mobile, Alabama
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel. The hotel was clean and the staff was very pleasant. I was shocked at how huge the rooms are. It felt more like a small apartment than a hotel room. I am a loyal Hilton customer and did not want to stay at this property but due to my employer making my travel arrangements, I had no choice but to stay here---what a nice surprise.

I would definitely recommend this property to anyone needing to stay near the Miami Airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your visit at Hyatt House Miami Airport. Perspective business travelers will definitely appreciate your review when they are trying to decide where to stay when traveling to Miami. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We didn't have a good time on this hotel this month. We went there one night to make conections to Cancun and we had a big headache . When we got there they didn't find our reservations. We made it through Booking.com. The hotel was full and we spent more then one hour and half to find a solution. I insisted to call Booking and a men at the desk answering that the computer sistem was not working. Finally , after a very long wait, he decided to call booking and it was conferred a pre payment for that reservation. They put us in a room , but all that stress was not necessary. During our wait we were shocked because one guest came to the desk saying that they gave the key for another guest and she was taking her shower when a strange man came in. Ridiculous , but it is a true history. No control ! Check in 0 ( zero ). Never more.!!

Room Tip: Go to another place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Watchung, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay here, it really felt like home away from home. The location is great, only 15 minutes drive to south beach, give or take traffic, and very close to the airport without the noise. My boyfriend and I would definitely stay here again when we go back to Miami :) excellent breakfast also and full kitchen with a Publix around the corner gives excellent value for the money

• Stayed September 2013
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've reviewed this hotel before but I've stayed 4 times now each time because of the two bedroom, two bathroom privacy it affords. I come at least once a year to Miami and this is now my hotel of choice. Wouldn't be here alone with husband, but with family members and friends I can't imagine the hassle of sharing a bedroom and one bathroom. Hotel has been updated since last I was here. It's busy, breakfast is always crowded, but it is an airport hotel and to be expected. Parking is free. The only down side is the coffee, which remains terrible, but there is a Starbucks 1 traffic light away. Good value as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Shuttle service fast and friendly drivers. Bed and pillows comfortable. Heavy comforter :) Large spacious suite. Breakfast in am was one of the best. Armando friendly and attentive. Good coffee. Fresh selections with lots of breakfast options.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We choose this hotel pecruise in Feb ,stay was for 3 days .This hotel was a great place to stay ,rooms clean great morning breakfast buffet and if your arriving mom through thur they offer free beer(on tap) for 3-4 hrs which was nice after a long trip from the east coast and having the chance to relax.The staff here were so great that if you had a problem they have it fixed in no time very cheerful and knowledgeable.If and when we deside to return to miami we will definate stay at the Hyatt House Airport Miami
All to easy walk to stores for liquor or

Room Tip: a higher floor was we stayed and was great No problems at all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt house, Miami Airport, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We strive to make every guest feel at home while they stay with us and review like yours let us know how successful we are. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I like staying in a place with a kitchen. I can buy some stuff and I don't have to go out when I don't feel like it. There's a Publix in the plaza behind the hotel, so it's pretty simple to take the shuttle there if you don't have a car.

This is about 5 minutes from MIA and about 10 minutes to the Cruise port on a weekend, so this is a great choice for a pre-cruise night.

I have friends in the area and it was easy for me to get to Miami Lakes to see my cousin or downtown to see my sobrina, or to the beach to see my friend and to spend a day on Lincoln Road.

There are some funky little places a short distance from the hotel. Don Cameron on 7th was about 3 miles from the hotel and it was SO GOOD! Fresh and tasty.

I'm also a fan of El Palacio de los Jugos. An awesome place for Cuban Food and fresh juice.

The folks at the front desk were super helpful and very nice. They called to confirm that everything was good with the room and provided my husband with a bag of ice for our fridge.

A word about the TV. It's satellite, which is questionable in very heavy rain. The TVs needed to be programmed because not all of the channels were available by cruising through on the remote. CBS never did come in very well in the living room.

Really, this was beyond my expectations. We got a 1 bedroom apartment and it was comfortable. When I visit again, I'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!