“Good price, nice Room, flexible driver” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #16 of 131 hotels in Miami
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good price, nice Room, flexible driver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The room was very big, but far away from reception. Due to the lack of a bellboy I had to carry all my luggage quite long. The staff at the reception was very helpful when it came to the choice for dinner. They recommended the 94 squadron close to the Hotel (really good choice) and organized the shuttle bus to carry me there and also pick me up after the dinner. Since there was no bar I bought some drinks for a moderate price in the little shop in the hotel and enjoyed it in my room watching TV on a comfortable sofa. The breakfast is one of the worst I ever saw, room much to small and selection very limited.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

749 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just stayed one night after a long transatlantic flight. As soon as we had picked up our luggage, we phoned the hotel for the shuttle and had a short five minute wait. Desk staff were extremely friendly and welcoming (I think we spoke to José). The room was large and comfortable and very quiet. The following morning, we had the complimentary breakfast which was the best I've ever had in the US. We took the shuttle back to the airport to pick up our rental car and the driver took us straight to the rental centre so we didn't have to take the train. All in all, a great stayover and I would have no doubts in returning if I ever go back to Miami.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

HYATT house Miami Airport offers free shuttle service round trip to the airport. When we arrived at the airport we called the hotel and were told it would be there within 20 minutes. We waited over 40 minutes. The hotel was nice enough to compensate us with Hyatt points.

After arrival at the hotel, check-in was the most rapid we ever experienced! A bell hop took us to our rooms immediately with our luggage. We had a suite with two bedrooms and two baths with a nice living room and kitchen. There are large flat screen TV's in each room.
The beds are very comfortable and rooms sound proofed. There is a very comfortable large couch in the living room with a large flat screen TV and DVD player . There are plenty of electrical outlets. The rooms had all of this for a very reasonable price.

When it was time to leave for the airport, were waited for the shuttle at the correct time. We were told they could not take our luggage and we had to wait for another 20 minutes for the next shuttle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We chose this hotel for its ranking on TA for three separate stays during our Florida and cruise trip this summer. As mentioned by others it is close to the airport, big rooms, free wifi and breakfast. All in all the hotel was excellent in its own (price) category : a great airport hotel. You should definitely not be fooled by the name Hyatt and expect a 5 star as some reviews seem to do, hellooo it is around 100USD a night, what do you expect ???And you do get a lot for your money there (internet, parking, breakfast, gym, wine tasting, fully equiped kitchen etc)

Anyway, staff was ok, even at night. After the first stay we asked for a better room and we got it for the two following stays. They give you good food delivery recommendations which work fine. Breakfast was ok for the price, a lot of people in there but the staff does their best. They were out of yogurt one morning at 0900, so go before. They switch between pancakes and french toast.

The rooms are big, and clean on average. We did not use the kitchen. If you look for some little dirt, really look for it in the details, you will find some. But again, those rooms are huge and I guess with those prices they do not have more housekeeping staff than other hotels. Not enough power outlets in the bedroom ? You will find enough of them between the hall, the living room and the bathroom, we managed to plug in 7 different devices at once...

The gap under the door is huge compared to other hotels so noise comes in through there, we just filled it up with towels and were great.

I can confirm one older review about the rude shuttle driver and will not let it weigh in on my final mark as it is just one very rude person. It was saturday 27th of july. We had to return the rental car to the airport and thought why not take the shuttle. It was stationned outside the hotel at this point. Before leaving I asked the reception about the shuttle, they said it takes them between 10-15 minutes after the call to get there. I called them right after giving the car back, going through the airport we were at expected place (the AA entrance) 8 minutes later (I stopped it because of an other TA review). 35 minutes later (yes that makes 43 minutes since my call) I call the hotel again, pretty angry. They apologize and tell me that i must have been waiting at the wrong place (yeah right) because their driver had done 3 travels to the airport since my call (yeah right). How do I know that I was at the right spot ? We didn't move and he finally showed up exactly were we were 10 minutes later. We thought whatever and nicely said "good evening", no answer, again when inside "good evening how are you?" no answer. We picked up 2 other parties, again no answer from the driver. As he talked on his phone we knew he wasn't mute. The whole way he was driving extra extra slow making the drive like double the time we needed legally with the rental. Whats wrong with this guy ? And to the reception desk, why lying ?

The next day we took a shuttle to the cruise line terminal with a company working with the hotel, it was great and good value.

We would definitely go back there for a layover or before a cruise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed 1 night at the Hyatt Miami Airport. Based on the pretty decent trip advisor reviews along with its fairly high ranking on trip advisor among hotels in Miami we decided to give it a shot. Also having recently switched focus from the Hilton Honors travel program to the Hyatt Gold Passport travel program this was my first reward stay under Hyatt. Based on this hotel stay, one of 2 things happened. Either I'm a bit too critical when it comes to reviewing hotels or this property was just a little more disappointing than originally anticipated. The location in relation to the airport is great. So if you're flying into or out of Miami International and need a quick layover spot, then this hotel is definitely for you. We arrived late on a Friday night. The front desk gentlemen seemed a bit busy and over with whatever kind of week they may have had. They were pleasant enough, but seemed in a hurry to get us out of their lives. My first mild area of concern was the main elevator up to our room on the 3rd floor. Not only was it kind of dirty, but it was also kind of dingy and torn up. Our room was clean and spacious with a full kitchen (dishes included) and a nice living room area. The lighting left a little to be desired as we pretty much had to have all lights on in order for decent viewing. Water pressure in the shower was sub par. Not to mention the fact that the hot water......didn't get hot but remained warm at best. These observations may seem critical but when you stay at a hotel, these are the items you notice and expect to be right. There also weren't that many outlets available. Nowadays people travel with cell phones, ipads, tablets, kindles...etc. So when you have to unplug the lamp or clock radio in the room in order to charge your own device, you notice it. We didn't get to have breakfast at the hotel, but they do offer complimentary breakfast in the mornings. Wifi is also complimentary, but we did not use that. To be completely honest, if you need a hotel to stay at for 1 or 2 days, then this hotel is perfectly fine. Based on my first impression I would not exceed 2 days in this hotel and that's only if I absolutley had no other choice in the area. The name Hyatt is usually synonymous with quality hotels. Being new to the Hyatt Gold Passport program, I won't let this one stay jade my impression of the Hyatt brand as I know they are one of the best out there. However I expected a bit more from a Hotel that carries they Hyatt name. So all in all, ok hotel. But would not repeat a stay unless absolutely needed to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Been at the Hyatt House one night in July, rooms are poor and not so weel cleaned. No restaurant and no room service and the grocery inside the hotel has really a few things . We were looking for a good place to sleep after 10.50 of flight and before other 3.30 the day after, and we tought Hyatt would be a Assurance, well it's not like that !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hutchinson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My sisters and I stayed at the Hyatt House on the last night of our vacation. The accomodations were excellent from the lobby to the business center to the 2-bedroom suite. The beds were comfortable. Having 2 bedrooms plus a pull-out in the living room gave us ample room to relax. The shuttle to the airport was on-time and and effortless way to make our early morning flight.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite worked well for our party of 4 but could easily handle up to 7 adults or a large...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!