We chose this hotel for its ranking on TA for three separate stays during our Florida and cruise trip this summer. As mentioned by others it is close to the airport, big rooms, free wifi and breakfast. All in all the hotel was excellent in its own (price) category : a great airport hotel. You should definitely not be fooled by the name Hyatt and expect a 5 star as some reviews seem to do, hellooo it is around 100USD a night, what do you expect ???And you do get a lot for your money there (internet, parking, breakfast, gym, wine tasting, fully equiped kitchen etc)
Anyway, staff was ok, even at night. After the first stay we asked for a better room and we got it for the two following stays. They give you good food delivery recommendations which work fine. Breakfast was ok for the price, a lot of people in there but the staff does their best. They were out of yogurt one morning at 0900, so go before. They switch between pancakes and french toast.
The rooms are big, and clean on average. We did not use the kitchen. If you look for some little dirt, really look for it in the details, you will find some. But again, those rooms are huge and I guess with those prices they do not have more housekeeping staff than other hotels. Not enough power outlets in the bedroom ? You will find enough of them between the hall, the living room and the bathroom, we managed to plug in 7 different devices at once...
The gap under the door is huge compared to other hotels so noise comes in through there, we just filled it up with towels and were great.
I can confirm one older review about the rude shuttle driver and will not let it weigh in on my final mark as it is just one very rude person. It was saturday 27th of july. We had to return the rental car to the airport and thought why not take the shuttle. It was stationned outside the hotel at this point. Before leaving I asked the reception about the shuttle, they said it takes them between 10-15 minutes after the call to get there. I called them right after giving the car back, going through the airport we were at expected place (the AA entrance) 8 minutes later (I stopped it because of an other TA review). 35 minutes later (yes that makes 43 minutes since my call) I call the hotel again, pretty angry. They apologize and tell me that i must have been waiting at the wrong place (yeah right) because their driver had done 3 travels to the airport since my call (yeah right). How do I know that I was at the right spot ? We didn't move and he finally showed up exactly were we were 10 minutes later. We thought whatever and nicely said "good evening", no answer, again when inside "good evening how are you?" no answer. We picked up 2 other parties, again no answer from the driver. As he talked on his phone we knew he wasn't mute. The whole way he was driving extra extra slow making the drive like double the time we needed legally with the rental. Whats wrong with this guy ? And to the reception desk, why lying ?
The next day we took a shuttle to the cruise line terminal with a company working with the hotel, it was great and good value.
We would definitely go back there for a layover or before a cruise.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites - Miami Airport Hotel
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites - Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Miami
- Hyatt Miami Airport
- Summerfield Suites Miami
- Hyatt Miami
- Miami Hyatt
- Miami Summerfield Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt House Miami Airport is the best choice when travelling to Miami. Whether you are passing through on your way to a cruise, on vacation to see the sites, on short term business, or even on long term stays. The property is conveniently located just 2 miles from the airport, close enough to have a complimentary shuttle, but far enough to give one a feel different from an airport hotel. We are located equal distances from the beaches and some of the most popular shoopping venues of Miami. At the same time, you can easily go east and tour Biscayne Bay, or go west into the Everglades and see an alligator show. We have the most spacious suites in town, equipped with a complete kitchen. Our hot breakfast is second to none in the area, and it is complimentary, as is the social hour we host Monday through Thursday at our guest house, where you can enjoy complimentary appetizers, soft drinks, beer and wine.The staff at the Hyatt House Miami is anxious to welcome you and I look forward to meeting you in person.Gody Almonte, General Manager. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your HYATT house Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.