“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #18 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stay a week for business. This is a great hotel near the airport. The front desk people are very amiable and the check in and check out was very quick. The breakfast was delicious and varied. The rooms are very spacious and the bed is very comfortable, have a fully equipped kitchen and a great lounge area. The bathroom is comfy and well kept and clean. The only negative thing that I can say is that I had problems with the electronic keys and after two days without solve it, they offered move me to another room

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for a night before traveling. Check-in was smooth, less than 10 minutes, hotel is well kept and very clean. Was afraid of staying in a room next to the elevator due to possible noise I experienced in other hotels, but I did not hear a thing! About breakfast? What can I say? It was delicious, many options to choose from! Rooms are very spacious and beds are SO comfortable! I wished I didn't have to go and could stay longer. Less than 10 minutes from the airport and with all these amenities, I already reserved a room for my trip back! and...this will be the hotel I will stay for all of my Miami trips!

Room Tip: Take your time to find that good and peaceful hotel, and if you have to pay $30-$40 more to stay in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
barnsley, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a one night stay at this airport hotel and were very impressed. We had flown in from the UK and by the time we got to the accommodation we were very tired. We had no luck with the shuttle bus so just jumped into a taxi. It was late when we checked in and we had missed the Manager's Buffet but the shop had basic refreshments to keep us going. The room was massive - 2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen as well as a decent lounge area. We slept all night, didn't hear any planes, and enjoyed the lovely breakfast the hotel offers. We found the beds to be very comfortable, the air conditioning pretty non intrusive and the whole suite to be very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel for an airport layover or for a short stay. The staff on reception were helpful and we caught the shuttle back to the car rental area. All in all this was a very smooth start to our holiday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Middlebury, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had an overnight layover in Miami so we stayed at this hotel. The hotel itself was great. We arrived around 8:30pm and asked about food options. We were told there were restaurants within walking distance, but it was raining so the front desk gave us a bunch of take out menus. (We ordered Chinese and it was brought directly to our room, which was very nice for us.) The room was clean, the decor was tasteful, and we were thankful for the kitchenette and all the tableware that was there. The breakfast was delicious. Lots of options, including eggs and bacon. I was even able to take a plate of food up to our room for my husband since the baby was napping and coudlnt' both leave the room.

The three things we were not satisfied with were not deal breakers. 1. We waited an HOUR for the shuttle in the arrivals section outside baggage claim. After my third phone call the front desk told me we should be upstairs at the DEPARTURES. I was very frustrated about this, but once we were on the shuttle everything went smoothly. (And they upgraded us to a bigger suite because of this miscommunication.) 2. Our room's AC was set on the coldest setting with the higest fan setting. The thermostat said it was 50* in the room when we arrived. We had to turn the heat on--in Florida in June!--to warm the room up to a normal temperature. 3. The bed was very noisy. If we had been traveling with others who were staying in the suite with us, a night of romance behind the bedroom door would not have been a secret.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Hyatt House Miami. It's very close to the airport, and once you figure out the shuttle it doesn't take long at all to get back and forth to the airport. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large (two bedrooms). we stayed in a room facing the river and could hear boats in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It's a nice hotel - but there are a few things that bothered me. 1) it's one of those that are really big - long hallways and it's just confusing. 2) the breakast - they told me it's very good - but it wasn't half a Hyatt Place. and the yogurt wasn't refrigerated and therefore warm - and that's gross. 3) room was too big - they upgraded me - but i don't need a 2 bedroom apt. And there was a hair on the shower.

Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at various Hyatt properties over the past several years and this has got to be the worst Hyatt property. I understand that this is not a Hyatt Regency but this property was lacking in basic customer service. First off, house keeping staff does not stay on the property beyond a certain time I think it is around 5. Now this isn't a problem but when requesting my room be made at a certain time within the hours that housekeeping is in house and the room is not made is not acceptable. Second all of the housekeeping staff that I encountered couldn't speak a word of English. I think this is unacceptable at any property. The room I was staying didn't have a do not disturb sign and even after requesting three times for one, I never received it. Customer service at this property is truly lacking.

On the positive side, this property is close to the airport and there are fast food options close by.

Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I checked into this hotel after a long day of international travel. The shuttle service provided from Miami International Airport was prompt and the shuttle driver was friendly.

Check-in was also prompt. However, the guest service representative checking me in was less than informative. He did not discuss any of the available services/amenities (WiFi, breakfast, business center, etc.) with me. I only knew how to long into the WiFi because he had shared this info with the guests that checked in just prior to me.

The lobby and rooms are very outdated. Upon entering my room, I felt pretty uncomfortable. I found menus from several outside vendors lying on the floor just inside the door. This confirmed that people from the streets freely roam the hotel, in an attempt to sell food to the hotel's guests. This factor added to my uneasiness and increased my safety concerns.

The bed was okay for an overnight stay; however, was not of the same quality as the bedding provided in some other Hyatt House properties.

The following morning, I had to contact the front desk to inquire about breakfast and the business center services. The guest service representative was not very friendly and volunteered no information. I had to probe for information about both services, such as where they were located, if there was a charge to print, etc.

There was a problem with gnats flying around in my room, as well as in the hotel's dining area during breakfast.

I had to catch the shuttle back to the airport at 8 a.m. The shuttle driver was busy assisting with other duties at the time. And when he finally arrived, I discovered that it was the same driver that had picked me up from the airport just the night before! Knowing that he had gotten off just a few short hours before and was now back again transporting guests to/from the airport, concerned me a little. Being familiar with the Department of Transportation's safety guidelines in regards to mandatory hours of rest for drivers, I knew that if regulated by DOT, the hotel would definitely be out of compliance. It saddened me to know that while the driver was very friendly, the hotel was placing its guests at risk by allowing him to provide transportation after only 4-5 hours of sleep/rest.

I would not recommend this hotel to others at the current time. I hope that in the near future, they will perform the enhancements needed to bring this property to up the same standards as some of the newer Hyatt House properties. In addition, I hope that management will address the lack of excellent customer service provided by some of its nonchalant employees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our Hyatt house. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated and that the furniture in your room needed to be replaced. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity next time you’re in Miami.

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!