“Great hotel, poor communication about the shuttle” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
AAA Summer Savings
Ranked #18 of 129 hotels in Miami
Middlebury, Indiana
“Great hotel, poor communication about the shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had an overnight layover in Miami so we stayed at this hotel. The hotel itself was great. We arrived around 8:30pm and asked about food options. We were told there were restaurants within walking distance, but it was raining so the front desk gave us a bunch of take out menus. (We ordered Chinese and it was brought directly to our room, which was very nice for us.) The room was clean, the decor was tasteful, and we were thankful for the kitchenette and all the tableware that was there. The breakfast was delicious. Lots of options, including eggs and bacon. I was even able to take a plate of food up to our room for my husband since the baby was napping and coudlnt' both leave the room.

The three things we were not satisfied with were not deal breakers. 1. We waited an HOUR for the shuttle in the arrivals section outside baggage claim. After my third phone call the front desk told me we should be upstairs at the DEPARTURES. I was very frustrated about this, but once we were on the shuttle everything went smoothly. (And they upgraded us to a bigger suite because of this miscommunication.) 2. Our room's AC was set on the coldest setting with the higest fan setting. The thermostat said it was 50* in the room when we arrived. We had to turn the heat on--in Florida in June!--to warm the room up to a normal temperature. 3. The bed was very noisy. If we had been traveling with others who were staying in the suite with us, a night of romance behind the bedroom door would not have been a secret.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Hyatt House Miami. It's very close to the airport, and once you figure out the shuttle it doesn't take long at all to get back and forth to the airport. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large (two bedrooms). we stayed in a room facing the river and could hear boats in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

782 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It's a nice hotel - but there are a few things that bothered me. 1) it's one of those that are really big - long hallways and it's just confusing. 2) the breakast - they told me it's very good - but it wasn't half a Hyatt Place. and the yogurt wasn't refrigerated and therefore warm - and that's gross. 3) room was too big - they upgraded me - but i don't need a 2 bedroom apt. And there was a hair on the shower.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at various Hyatt properties over the past several years and this has got to be the worst Hyatt property. I understand that this is not a Hyatt Regency but this property was lacking in basic customer service. First off, house keeping staff does not stay on the property beyond a certain time I think it is around 5. Now this isn't a problem but when requesting my room be made at a certain time within the hours that housekeeping is in house and the room is not made is not acceptable. Second all of the housekeeping staff that I encountered couldn't speak a word of English. I think this is unacceptable at any property. The room I was staying didn't have a do not disturb sign and even after requesting three times for one, I never received it. Customer service at this property is truly lacking.

On the positive side, this property is close to the airport and there are fast food options close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I checked into this hotel after a long day of international travel. The shuttle service provided from Miami International Airport was prompt and the shuttle driver was friendly.

Check-in was also prompt. However, the guest service representative checking me in was less than informative. He did not discuss any of the available services/amenities (WiFi, breakfast, business center, etc.) with me. I only knew how to long into the WiFi because he had shared this info with the guests that checked in just prior to me.

The lobby and rooms are very outdated. Upon entering my room, I felt pretty uncomfortable. I found menus from several outside vendors lying on the floor just inside the door. This confirmed that people from the streets freely roam the hotel, in an attempt to sell food to the hotel's guests. This factor added to my uneasiness and increased my safety concerns.

The bed was okay for an overnight stay; however, was not of the same quality as the bedding provided in some other Hyatt House properties.

The following morning, I had to contact the front desk to inquire about breakfast and the business center services. The guest service representative was not very friendly and volunteered no information. I had to probe for information about both services, such as where they were located, if there was a charge to print, etc.

There was a problem with gnats flying around in my room, as well as in the hotel's dining area during breakfast.

I had to catch the shuttle back to the airport at 8 a.m. The shuttle driver was busy assisting with other duties at the time. And when he finally arrived, I discovered that it was the same driver that had picked me up from the airport just the night before! Knowing that he had gotten off just a few short hours before and was now back again transporting guests to/from the airport, concerned me a little. Being familiar with the Department of Transportation's safety guidelines in regards to mandatory hours of rest for drivers, I knew that if regulated by DOT, the hotel would definitely be out of compliance. It saddened me to know that while the driver was very friendly, the hotel was placing its guests at risk by allowing him to provide transportation after only 4-5 hours of sleep/rest.

I would not recommend this hotel to others at the current time. I hope that in the near future, they will perform the enhancements needed to bring this property to up the same standards as some of the newer Hyatt House properties. In addition, I hope that management will address the lack of excellent customer service provided by some of its nonchalant employees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our Hyatt house. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you found our property to be somewhat dated and that the furniture in your room needed to be replaced. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity next time you’re in Miami.
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel does many things well. The location is generally good (near the airport and near a major freeway) though you have to follow signage down a side road to find the entrance. There are a variety of businesses (restaurants, grocery, etc.) within 1-2 miles.

The service was good and check-in was easy with no hassles.The room itself offers a separate bedroom, spacious closet, bathroom vanity with lots of counter space, and separate living and kitchen areas. The living room is spacious and adjoins the full kitchen - complete with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, sink, and complete stove with oven. As the kitchen is stocked with cookware, dishes, and utensils, I was able to bake rolls in the oven - a nice treat.

There was very little noticeable noise from other rooms or guests. Everything was in good shape (carpet, furniture, dishes, etc.).

The hotel generously supplies an evening buffet of snacks (vegetables, dip, crackers, cheese) and drinks (including beer and wine). The morning breakfast is fairly robust - with bread, cereal, oatmeal, and fruit - as well as egg and meat offerings. The eating area was large enough to accommodate a crowd.

Wireless internet service was "pretty good" - meaning it worked fine with a laptop, but was not compatible with a tablet. TV channels were a bit limited - but there were TVs in both the living room and bedroom.

All in all it was a really good experience - and I would definitely return there again.

Room Tip: Choosing a room near one of the outside doors (particularly on the first floor) makes it more conven...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Hyatt house, Miami Airport, we would like to thank you for your review of our property. We strive to make every guest feel at home while they stay with us and review like yours let us know how successful we are. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Just a short trip around the corner from the airport, the Hyatt House is an easily accessible and pleasantly accommodating welcome to Miami. We were greeted by friendly staff and clean rooms. The three of us had plenty of room in the two bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. There is a complete kitchen (refrigerator, microwave, sink, toaster, stove, ceramic plates, and dishwasher). We were starving and ordered pizza and burgers from 1 of the 4 delivery menus that were there. It took an hour and a half for the food to arrive, but for those who don't want to wait, there is a 24 hour guest market with food, wine, beer, and any toiletries you might have forgotten. Complimentary breakfast was quite decent (cereal, ham, eggs, waffles, yogurt, juice, coffee, toast). We took a dip in the pool and made use of the late check-out option (2 pm). We won't hang around for the evening social (free drinks and snacks), but this was a great way to start our trip in Miami.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We spent one night in mid-May before heading home after a vacation in the Caribbean. The location is about 10 minutes from the airport with a free shuttle that leaves every 30 minutes starting at 6:00 am. The room was sparkling clean and comfortable. Check in was easy and we were told we had a free upgrade and had a suite rather than the queen that we had reserved. That was an unexpected surprise !! We didn't have time to linger for breakfast which was unfortunate since this is one of the best complimentary breakfasts that I have seen at a hotel. There was a free WSJ in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt house Miami Airport. Our staff will also be delighted to hear your wonderful comments. Once again, thank you for your business!

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!