“No complaints at all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
AAA Summer Savings
Ranked #20 of 129 hotels in Miami
Vancouver
“No complaints at all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Our family of four really liked the Hyatt House. Room layout was fantastic with a separate bedroom, full kitchen, separate sink from toilet/shower, large sectional sofabed. Lots of parking, great breakfast (with the exception of the eggs). We drove to the hotel from the airport and had no issue finding the hotel. Publix grocery store and yummy Cuban restaurant very close walk from the hotel. We stayed one night then went out to Shark Valley in the Everglades which was a short drive away.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you will visit us again when you return to the Miami area.

Best Regards,

785 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

its OK, nothing to add. I expected some higher level due to the brand (HYATT), but did not pay attention to the "house", which probably explains everything. Breakfast was complimentary but basic. Room was big (king suit), free internet, 2 tv sets and fully equipped kitchen, though.

Close to MIA.

Room Tip: big room (king suit), fully equipped kitchen, free internet, close to MIA
Ciudad de la Costa, Uruguay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The suites have a separate bedroom (1 king or 2 queen beds) and a spacious living area with queen sofa bed. (there are other options with 2 bedrooms). The kitchen is fully equiped. Breakfast is very generous but there are only one or two hot plates options.
The location is very nice, on blue lagoon dr. between NW 57 Ave and NW 57 ct.
Services include free parking, free wi-fi on rooms and also ethernet. Business Center with several PCs, Swimming pool, buffet breakfast.
A complimentary social dinner is offered from Monday to Thursday.
It's a excellent option if you want to stay in Miami for business or shopping and don't care to be far from the beach.

Don't make international calls from your room. In just a few minutes you could be charged a hundred dollars

Room Tip: Chose second or third floor rooms to have a better view. First floor is by the parking lot. Rooms b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

For medical reasons, I needed a Miami airport hotel room with a refrigerator - at the Hyatt House Miami, I got a full sized refrigerator and so very much more. What a lovely hotel suite - two bedrooms and two full baths, large living room & roomy kitchen area. It was one of those quick overnight stays where I left wishing I could stay much longer.

Check in/Check out process was friendly, courteous and efficient. After a long day in airports and on the plane, we wanted to relax and have a nice dinner. However, we realized at 9:30pm on a Monday night, we could very well end up with pizza delivery. The front desk clerk assured us that multiple dining selections were a three minute walk from the hotel. Skeptical, we headed out of the hotel and were thrilled to find multiple options at a nearby shopping plaza; the Cuban restaurant was much to our liking.

My favorite Trip Advisor category - Sleep Quality - was one which the Hyatt House deserves five stars plus. The pillows and mattress passed the rigorous "roadtripblondie test"; I slept like a baby. So very comfortable that I just dreaded the wake up call! The noise level was very acceptable for an airport hotel.

As mentioned, we arrived at the hotel well into the evening, so could not take advantage of the evening managers reception (menu for these events posted in the kitchen area of the hotel suites), however were able to take advantage of the morning breakfast. Good selection, large and comfortable eating area.

Last but not least, I don't want to shortchange the great airport shuttle; we had the same professional driver both coming from and going back to the Miami Airport. When I think of all the hours I spent researching the Miami Airport hotels, I now know that process will never have to occur in the future, because I have found my home when overnighting at MIA. I must give credit where credit is due - to my Trip Advisor comrades who wrote such wonderful reviews of this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Grandville, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I used Hyatt Gold passport points for a 1 night stay prior to a cruise. We arrived much earlier than their 3pm check-in time so I called from the car. The desk agent said he'd check if a room would be available early and indeed it was...he said he'd pull the reservation and have it ready when we got there.
Upon arrival check-in was very quick and efficient with the breakfast service explained to us.
Our room was huge! There was a full kitchen--full size fridge, stove, microwave, sink, dishwasher and all dishes/utensils. The living area had an L-shaped couch with large flat screen tv with a dvd player.
The bedroom had a king bed and another large tv. The bathroom was located off the bedroom with the sink area and closet the walk through area to the toilet/tub room.
Before dinner time we noticed several pizza take-out flyers were shoved under our door by various restaurants. We chose one and ordered.........not at all what we wanted, but it was our fault for not asking for a recommendation.
The breakfast offered hot and cold items and beverages including a fountain soda machine. On Monday-Thursday nights they offer a manager's reception with a nice variety of foods and beverages. I was sorry we missed that.
Check-out was smooth. Location is very near to the airport. There's really not much you could walk to from here so having a car would be handy if you were staying more than 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your experience at the Hyatt House Miami Airport. We will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

MISSISSAUGA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt house on March 2 prior to going on a cruise on the 3rd. We arrived at about 10 PM and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The suite was great. There was a full kitchen, a sitting area, a separate bedroom and everything was clean and neat.

When we were checking out the next day, the desk clerk helped us get transportation to the port and everything went smoothly. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel. We work to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you to see you again when you are back in the Miami area.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

After leaving Customs at Miami I was directed to the lower level by a ‘helpful’ American Airlines Agent and spent time looking for the bus stop for the hotel van pick-up. Failing to find one I asked and was directed to the Upper (Departures) Level. Again, looking for signs proved fruitless and I asked someone else. Apparently I was supposed to know that you have to stand on the middle island and flag the bus down when it comes. No signs, no hints, no clues – that seems to be the motto for MIA.

After a long flight, with little sleep and a painful immigration process I was pretty ready to get to the hotel. I called the Hyatt House who advised that the bus would be about 20 minutes as it leaves every 30 minutes from the property.

In due time the van turned up, and I flagged it down. One stop to pick up two women who claimed that they had been waiting 45 minutes and we were off to the hotel.

I have stayed at the property some time ago, and as it was a new year wanted to start my Hyatt stay re-qualification. The hotel staff were friendly, confirming that I had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite as a Diamond, and explaining about the evening and morning food offerings. I had an 0630 flight and so checked on options to get me to the airport in time. This turned out to be a taxi as the first shuttle leaves at 0530.

The room was on the first floor overlooking the airport, which caused some noise during the night.

The two bedrooms (each with their own bathroom) meet at the common area/sitting room/kitchen area.

The bedrooms were almost identical and had seperate showers/bath tubs and basins.

The evening snacks (free wine and beer!) were on the ground floor where the breakfast is served:

The evening when I went down there was a salad you could make yourself, some soup/broth, as well as chicken wings. Not a bad spread.

During the evening I received 3 flyers under the door for delivery options from local restaurants, although the hotel advises against using these following complaints.

Overall
A good stay with only the occasional interruption. If I had more energy I would have gone to the supermarket which is a 10 minute walk away. (There is also a Starbucks there, and an Office Depot). The cab came when booked the next morning and took 10-15 minutes back to the airport for $16.

Room Tip: Side or rear facing are away from the airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gody A, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. We as a hotel work hard to ensure every guest has a great experience during their stay, and it seems like you did. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Miami.

Gody Almonte

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!