“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Accessible, Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Miami Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Miami Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
AAA Summer Savings
Ranked #20 of 129 hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Accessible, Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We just needed a place to bunk the night we flew in, the price was right and they gave us a room that was bigger than our apartment. Why we appeared to need two bedrooms I'm not sure, but they gave us a huge room upgrade despite booking on one of the discount sites. There is a full kitchen, and large counter space at the sinks which are outside the bathroom. Breakfast was exceptional - fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, cereal, breads and danishes (also free). It was a great stay- I'd definitely recommend. Lots of free parking. Moments from the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments andiralaw79. No better feedback for a GM to receive. I hope to have you over again in the near future. Best regards

Genemral Manager

787 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed for 1 night on a 2 bedroom suite. Great service, very nice room and Sig, the manager was very nice and helpful with all we needed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review BRLArgentina. Great feedback and very kind comment. Hope to see you again soon

ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We spent 4 days at this hotel recently and had a great time. Front-desk staff were great and helpful and generally speaking had a very pleasant stay. Breakfast and the complimentary social hour were quite nice. Only thing that we didn't like a while lot was that housekeeping wasn't that great - like towels were not replaced and nor did they replace coffee/condiments...:(
They've a heated pool and open till late. The hot tub wasn't hot enough...

We had a hard time initially to locate this place - our GPS kept taking us around. If you see the giant Burger King building, this place is diagonally across to the BK building.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review tp2009. I am glad you enjoyed our customer service and our food and beverage offerings. You'll be glad to know that the next week we installed a new heater for the hot tub, so next time you visit it should be more to your liking. I am thankful for the opportunity to care of you and look forward to your next visit.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This place is heaven if you are an airline enthusiast. You have a view of the runway from just outside the property, or even from your room if you are on the northern side. There are frequent, complementary shuttles between the airport and the hotel.

The staff were cheerful and eager to help. A supermarket and strip mall are situated right next door with plenty of eating options present nearby. The principal malls of the area are not too far away either.

My workplace was within walking distance too. Overall a good choice, and I returned for a second stay a few months later.

Note: I stayed here more than a year ago, but the earliest date I could select on TripAdvisor was March 2011.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
boca raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Staying for a few days or a week in Miami? This is a perfect location for you and your family. Not only is the location amazingly accessible to EVERYTHING, but you have a stove, a real refrigerator and a microwave in each suite. Plus a very substantial free breakfast, enough parking, a guest happy hour and fine service. No, I don't work for Hyatt, but when my company sent me to Miami during high season I needed to find something safe, well situated and economical. This fit the bill completely. By the way, when I needed to extend my stay and they were booked the manager Sig Varela went the extra mile to allow me to continue my stay. I did not get to use the heated pool, but I will be back and will be sure to use it next time. Did I mention near the airport and free shuttle?

Room Tip: All rooms are super quiet. I like the first floor as I carry in a heavy briefcase each night. There...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review Cary. You know this is home for you so call me when you return to Miami. The fron desk team misses you :-)

Take care

Sherwood Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed pre-cruise. It was great to have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. It was a short drive from the airport. This location is a couple minute walk from a grocery store and Starbucks and a couple pharmacies. There is a Burger King and a Subway and I think a Cuban restaurant in the same parking lot as these others.
Check in was quick and efficient. The staff was friendly. The room was spacious and clean. The pool area was a nice little spot to relax in.
The free breakfast was a step up from a normal free breakfast. The coffee however was terrible.
The hotel has a shuttle over to the cruise port that was $15 a head. It was convenient and a great value.

I would recommend staying at this hotel if you are cruising from the port of Miami.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at HYATT house Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear olsonator; thank you very much for your review, your kind words about our staff, and your feedback regarding our coffee. Initially I was surprised since we proudly serve one of Starbucks most popular brands, so I proceeded to get our machines re-calibrated. I have since then been asking the guets what they think about the coffee and am once again getting good reviews from them. I thank you for bringing it to my attention so I could get it fixed.

I welcome the opportunity to meet you in person next time you visit us at the new Hyatt House.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I must start by saying we as a Military family have stayed in many hotels. We make many moves due to my husbands service and this by far has been the best hotel we have stayed in. We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. The first night we came in we were exhausted as we had just finished three days of packers and movers at our home for our move up North. We had a room in one minute after arriving. We asked for a first floor room, as we have three rowdy children and wanted to make no noise on an upstairs floor. It was granted immediately. Our hotel was so spacious and more importantly clean. Each morning they serve a great breakfast with many options. The manager comes around and asks how everything is going. My husband would usually go to breakfast in his Army uniform and many people would stop and thank him for his service. Including many of the employees. Incredible Service!!! Each day room service will come in and make sure everything is tidy. Monday-Thursday they have a social hour with beer and wine available. All types of Finger foods. I had never been in a place with so much to offer already included in the price. My only small complaint about the hotel was there lack of Channels on the Television. I understand they are going through a change with cable providers and that should be fixed shortly. Not really a big deal at all
*****One Employee that really stood out to me was Dax. I want to specially recognize Dax for all his help. I recently misplaced my keys while at social hour. I looked everywhere for my keys. I tore my room apart, repacked all items, called the front desk, I even stopped by the Front Desk a few times, my husband also went by and no luck. Each time they would tell me no one turned anything in. It was to the point I was crying in my room. The keys were very important as they had the keys to locks on items we shipped to our new home in Maryland. I had all but given up. I decided to stop Dax by the soda machine as he was one of the few employees that I had not bothered for the keys that day. Dax immediately went to the front desk checked it out and came back with my keys. After worrying my whole day. It took him all but one minute to go and check and realize my keys were there. I cannot thank Dax enough for helping me and taking the time to actually look around. He really saved the day for me. What a superb employee. Thank you Dax your help will always be remembered. *** I recommend this hotel to all, but especially to fellow Military family who are Pcsing and are in need of a home away from home. We will miss our time in Miami and thank the Hyatt House (Summerfield Suites.) for sending us out with a Bang. EXCELLENT!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Good morninig Liz, and I remember your family well from chatting during breakfast. Yes, our team is extremely proud to be able to serve our armed forces when they stay with us. It is a small token of our appreciation for the hard work and sacrifice they offer to us.

I hope things are getting back to normal after your relocation. If you ever come by Miami again, please let us take care of you.

Sig Varela

Been to HYATT house Miami Airport? Share your experiences!