“Beast came through for my bachelorette party!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 194 Activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Beast Fishing Charters is a top rated, "private", light tackle, live bait, offshore fishing charter for everyone from the novice to the expert angler. We provide all necessary permits, licenses, bait, tackle, ice, etc. The only thing you need to bring is your food, beverages, and personal items. We focus on providing a fun/friendly atmosphere, while working hard to put you on fish. Our goal is to return you to the dock with a smile and lasting memories. If you want to experience the *** BFC offers PRIVATE fishing charters for 1-6 people only. Trips are not offered on a per-person, share-a-ride basis.
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Beast came through for my bachelorette party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I really wanted to do a fishing trip as part of my bachelorette party weekend (I am the bride) and my 2 bridesmaids did not oblige. We didn't really know what to expect but I felt good going into it because the reviews here on Tripadvisor were so good! We booked a 3/4 day trip.
Despite us arriving about 30 minutes late and slightly hungover, Captain Jim and Devon greeted us eagerly. We fished for different types of bait in 2 different areas (and were excited to catch even these small fish).
When the real fishing began, we hooked 3 in about the first 15-20 minutes. The very first one was even a sailfish but we lost him, much to everyone's dismay. We did snag a bonita and tons of dolphin fish. A few times we had more than one line going at once. First mate Devon was phenomenal from the start, attending to each pole, hook and catch the entire time. The guys had such great attitudes in dealing with our group of rather inexperienced females! Not the calmest day on the sea, we ended up a little seasick towards the end, but once we were done for the day and started to head back, we happily passed out in the plush beanbags they provided and had a nice ride in. Once docked, Devon cut up our dolphin fish for us to take home and eat/freeze! We had a lot!
Capt Jim is very connected in that he's very accessible via phone, email, website , etc. In addition to the good reviews, one of the reasons I chose Beast was his speedy reply to my initial inquiry and email accessibility (when no other charters ever got back to me). You can even pay via credit card on the boat which makes everyone's life a little easier.
My girls and I are still talking about the trip and our pictures from the day are generating a lot of buzz and LIKES amongst friends on facebook! We would absolutely do it again and hope to one day! As well as recommend them to anyone!
(Pictures to follow shortly!)

Visited March 2013

USA
“Phenomenal charter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The trip was great due to the knowledge and experience of the capt and crew. Having the rite equipment and skill makes a big difference when you are catching many large fish in large waves. I am very glad we were on a cat with a capt. that knew how to drive it. Also impressed with the first mate being prepared with rigs and operating a continuous flow during the times when multiple fish were on. Could not have asked for a better experience. They valued our business and greatly helped out with pre-planing the trip. A+

Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“Cubera run”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went out on a Cubera trip to cross one off the list. Our first stop was to pick up lobster for bait which some would say is crazy but hey big bait big fish. I knew I was on the right boat when Devon went down and came up “double fist ‘in” lobster. In no time Devon caught enough bait and we headed out do some yellowtail fishing. We anchor up and the looked perfect to clean up on yellowtail. For some reason though the bite just wasn’t there but I guess that’s why they call it fishing and not catching. After struggling to catch a few yellowtails we headed out to the Cubera grounds. Two poles were set up. One was on the bow while the other was on the stern. I took one and my brother took the other. We did a few drifts and nothing. They were down there but had a different type of tail on the mind than lobster. All the sudden my rod bends in half. I grab it and all you can do is crank. I was expecting like an amber jack type but wasn’t expecting the type of fight I had just gotten into. I did the best I could listening to Capt. Jim and didn’t stop cranking and just when I started to see the glow stick indicating I was about to win the fight the line goes limp. Score one for the Cubera. Boy did I feel like a chump. After all the work Capt. Jim and Devon put into finally getting a fish on and I lost it because I was out of “fishing shape”. I knew I had to redeem myself. I was hearing it from my brother and Capt. Jim was giving me his own style of words of encouragement. There’s no room for feeling sorry for yourself on the Beast so another lobster was put on the line and we went at it again. I planted myself next to the rod praying to get another chance and after a few drifts I got it. This time either that fish was coming in the boat or I was going in the drink after it. After another battle the fish was in the boat and a weight was off my shoulders. I don’t know who happier me for getting the fish in the boat of Capt. Jim and Devon for putting me on the fish. We did another couple of drifts and my brother boated one but of course mine was bigger. At this point it was pretty late and my brother and I were beat from catching fish so we headed in. This is the second time I have charted the Beast and second time I have walked away thinking how it was money well spent. If you charter the Beast and sit back, be patient, and keep your mouth shut and let Capt. Jim and Devon do their thing then I guarantee you will come home with bags of fish and a “Beast blister” on your thumb for reeling in those fish.

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beast Charters gets an A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Beast Charters is A+ operation. Before we even left the dock Jim handled scheduling and organizing all the logistics in an attentive and professional manner. He was easy going, flexible, and accommodating to our scheduling needs. We left on time, caught live bait in the exact spot that Jim said we would, and then pulled up some nice keepers further out to sea. Devon kept our rods in the water and bait on our hooks. Both Jim and Devon were extremely knowledgeable and great company. I would definitely fish with them again!

Visited October 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Absolutely Awesome with Beast Charters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just had an absolutely awesome day with Capt Jim and Devon. Superb team that kept us engaged all day long. You cant ask for any better than this- we have chartered with many captains on all the coasts and they were by far the best- from the moment we met them at the dock to the end of the day - we were tired and spent but smiles plastered on our faces all the way back to Indiana with our catches of the day. Truly a great trip, these guys know what they are doing and i recommend Beast Fishing Charters- we cant wait to go again!!!

Visited October 2012

Been to Beast Fishing Charters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Beast Fishing Charters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.