“Cubera run” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 182 Activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Beast Fishing Charters is a top rated, "private", light tackle, live bait, offshore fishing charter for everyone from the novice to the expert angler. We provide all necessary permits, licenses, bait, tackle, ice, etc. The only thing you need to bring is your food, beverages, and personal items. We focus on providing a fun/friendly atmosphere, while working hard to put you on fish. Our goal is to return you to the dock with a smile and lasting memories. If you want to experience the *** BFC offers PRIVATE fishing charters for 1-6 people only. Trips are not offered on a per-person, share-a-ride basis.
Miami, Florida
“Cubera run”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went out on a Cubera trip to cross one off the list. Our first stop was to pick up lobster for bait which some would say is crazy but hey big bait big fish. I knew I was on the right boat when Devon went down and came up “double fist ‘in” lobster. In no time Devon caught enough bait and we headed out do some yellowtail fishing. We anchor up and the looked perfect to clean up on yellowtail. For some reason though the bite just wasn’t there but I guess that’s why they call it fishing and not catching. After struggling to catch a few yellowtails we headed out to the Cubera grounds. Two poles were set up. One was on the bow while the other was on the stern. I took one and my brother took the other. We did a few drifts and nothing. They were down there but had a different type of tail on the mind than lobster. All the sudden my rod bends in half. I grab it and all you can do is crank. I was expecting like an amber jack type but wasn’t expecting the type of fight I had just gotten into. I did the best I could listening to Capt. Jim and didn’t stop cranking and just when I started to see the glow stick indicating I was about to win the fight the line goes limp. Score one for the Cubera. Boy did I feel like a chump. After all the work Capt. Jim and Devon put into finally getting a fish on and I lost it because I was out of “fishing shape”. I knew I had to redeem myself. I was hearing it from my brother and Capt. Jim was giving me his own style of words of encouragement. There’s no room for feeling sorry for yourself on the Beast so another lobster was put on the line and we went at it again. I planted myself next to the rod praying to get another chance and after a few drifts I got it. This time either that fish was coming in the boat or I was going in the drink after it. After another battle the fish was in the boat and a weight was off my shoulders. I don’t know who happier me for getting the fish in the boat of Capt. Jim and Devon for putting me on the fish. We did another couple of drifts and my brother boated one but of course mine was bigger. At this point it was pretty late and my brother and I were beat from catching fish so we headed in. This is the second time I have charted the Beast and second time I have walked away thinking how it was money well spent. If you charter the Beast and sit back, be patient, and keep your mouth shut and let Capt. Jim and Devon do their thing then I guarantee you will come home with bags of fish and a “Beast blister” on your thumb for reeling in those fish.

Visited August 2012

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beast Charters gets an A+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Beast Charters is A+ operation. Before we even left the dock Jim handled scheduling and organizing all the logistics in an attentive and professional manner. He was easy going, flexible, and accommodating to our scheduling needs. We left on time, caught live bait in the exact spot that Jim said we would, and then pulled up some nice keepers further out to sea. Devon kept our rods in the water and bait on our hooks. Both Jim and Devon were extremely knowledgeable and great company. I would definitely fish with them again!

Visited October 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Absolutely Awesome with Beast Charters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just had an absolutely awesome day with Capt Jim and Devon. Superb team that kept us engaged all day long. You cant ask for any better than this- we have chartered with many captains on all the coasts and they were by far the best- from the moment we met them at the dock to the end of the day - we were tired and spent but smiles plastered on our faces all the way back to Indiana with our catches of the day. Truly a great trip, these guys know what they are doing and i recommend Beast Fishing Charters- we cant wait to go again!!!

Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“instead of "THE BEAST FISHING CHARTERS" IT SHOULD BE CALLED "THE BEST FISHING CHARTERS"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

fishing on The beast is like no other charter by far.Between capt jim and mate Devons skills you are shore to enjoy your trip like i have for my 7th trip with them . i can't say enough about every trip i've been on with them.The best way for me to let them know how much i enjoyed every trip is to what else but book another trip...thanks until the next one . GIMMPY

Visited September 2011
Munich, Germany
“We love to go fishing with Jim and Devon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We fished with many Captain's all over the world. May be from time to time we caught bigger fishes with other Captains as we caught on The Beast. But we couldn't find a crew anywhere ( e.g. in Panama, Costa Rica, Caribbean, Brazil or Seychelles ) which was able to hold a candle to Jim and Devon. Since 2007 we frequently going out with Jim and Devon and we always caught a many fishes and had a lot of fun aboard the Beast. I also should not forget to refer that the tackle The Beast provides to the customers is excellent to catch fishes you'll find their.

We always could feel that the both are passionate fishermen and that Jim and Devon love what they are doing. We are pretty sure that we will go fishing with them again. Also the price is very fair and very competitive.

There is really no better way to go offshore fishing … and there is no reason that we won't go out with Jim and Devon again.

Visited June 2011

Been to Beast Fishing Charters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Beast Fishing Charters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.