“It was a Party in a Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Catharsis Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #271 of 3,614 restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: (305) 479-2746
Ashburn, Virginia
“It was a Party in a Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The energy was amazing- we were excited from the moment we stepped in. The service was fabulous. We had Juan Carlos and he had 2 helpers so we wanted for nothing.
We had small plates and ended up with the 3 hour Short Rib. We should have had that 1st as were too full finish it all. I am coming back for that! The Polenta was also awesome and the bread. Nice wine list. Try the Temperanillo.
The music started around 8:30. 2 latin ladies singing with bongos. They were AMAZING and engaged the guests with funny quips-
We had a total blast and spent half of what we would normally have spent at a high end hotel restaurant in south beach. You could have a 3.00 appetizer or a 30 dollar entree and everything in between.
Will be back next time we are in town.

Visited April 2013

87% Recommend
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went tonight to Catharsis with high expectations because of the reviews i had seen, but I was so disappointed. The sweet breads appetizer was good, I wasn't impressed though. Then the entrees took quite a while to arrive, which I found surprising because the restaurant was quite empty. I ordered the seafood parillada and it was very dry and over cooked. I didn't complain because I didn't want to ruin a beautiful night but I was disillusioned. My daughter had the short ribs over risotto. Her dish was better yet not what we had expected. The restaurant is nice. The waiter was very nice and sweet, but in a city where you are given so many options, they really need to step up their game.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Evening of fun great food and music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent food and wine. Authentic Cuban music for all times. Excellent entertainment by two Cuban young ladies and one Venezuelan. They make this place rock. The seafood parrillada and the empanadas are out of this world. This place is for Miamians like me and for tourists, everyone feels at home. One of the best places to visit in Little Havana.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My friend and I ate here in Jan 2013 on a Saturday night. We made a reservation for two at 7:30 - did not need to do that, as when we arrived there was only one table full of people. We found that odd at first but I think people in Miami just go out later - when we left around 8:30 the place was packed.
My friend and I ordered the mushroom ravioli and sun-dried tomato risotto and they were both delicious. We also ordered the chocolate souffle which was yummy as well. The waiters were very friendly, helpful, and quick and made sure we always had what we needed. My only two complaints were that it was quite cold inside the restaurant and the lighting was very dim, but we got used to both and it didn't take away from the experience. It was a great restaurant and a great end to our Miami trip!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Great start of the year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Amazing food and great presentation incredible service we arrive on New Year's Eve at 9:00 pm and the place was full. We choose one of the special menu for that night with 3 hours open bar for only $75 per person a five course meal extravaganza !!!! The service was on time even with the place full of people The owners put an amazing menu and if you don't want to drink or if you only drink a glass of wine you can even eat on the special menu for $42 per person or order from the regular menu we feel great all other places always in this special nights overcharge you We will came back again soon
Ps: Great live music a band with 3 ladies Jamming the night and they play every Saturday
We love this place!!!