“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Noblesville, Indiana
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

After reading some of the reviews of this location I was hesitant to stay, but the price was far under what I had budgeted so I just went with it. We flew into FLL and ported out of Miami, we had a rental car and were able to park it here for free during our cruise, they also offer a free shuttle to the port. The free shuttle alone saved us well over $50, when I returned to Miami I took a taxi back to pick up the rental, the cost was $27 plus tip. The location is older, however it was clean and not as noisy as I had read about. One of the ladies at the front desk did not go out of her way to help me, however the rest of the staff was friendly. I would not recommend using this locaton for a family vacation - I did not hear the airplanes in my room, but could not have a conversation at the pool because of the noise when they flew over. If you are just staying over night and need a cheap and clean place to sleep this is it. Also, there really is not much within walking distance, one restaurant in the parking lot - otherwise it's delivery or you'll need transportation.

After reading the reviews and staying here I believe some people were expecting a 5* hotel at 2-3* prices.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Flagler Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This was our third stay the night before before a cruise out of the port of Miami at La Quinta East. However, this was the very first time we have had to pay extra to park our car there because our cruise was more than 7 days which has now become the maximum FREE car parking length allowed. Last year we had left our car parked in the lot there for THREE full weeks and there was no extra charge. Beyond the free seven days the parking charge is now $5. per day. Still a good deal, but not the GREAT deal we have experienced at La Quinta East in the past!
We were fortunate to arrive at the hotel about 1:30 pm and there was no one in line at reception in front of us. Later in the afternoon I happened to walk by and the queue at the front desk was several layers deep and there were still only just the two women at reception who had been on duty when we checked in earlier. We felt very fortunate to have been able to register quickly when we arrived and were the very first names on the list for the earliest complimentary van to our cruise ship at the port the next morning. DO ask to be placed on the shuttle list for the port as you are registering as there is a limited number of seats available for each shuttle run.
We booked one of the less expensive rooms with two beds near the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor. We have had the larger deluxe room in the past which has a fridge and a king sized bed, but his time we were using La Quinta points to pay for most of our room charges and the smaller was completely adequate for our one night pre-cruise stay. I spent the afternoon reading out by their very pleasant pool area while my husband watched sports upstairs in our room.
We got up early the next morning and there was still plenty of room in the breakfast room downstairs - but not for long! We found the complimentary breakfast quite adequate and a great way to start our vacation! DH enjoys the make-your-own waffle station and I just had my usual oatmeal and a banana plus tea or coffee and juice.
When we returned on a flight from Europe 19 days later we found the La Quinta East van waiting for passengers outside the 2nd floor of the airport above the baggage claim area with absolutely no need to call for the van. We were whisked back to La Quinta where we loaded our car, parked just as we left it, and drove the several hours home after a great vacation. We both highly recommend La Quinta East as a very convenient place to stay near the airport in Miami.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

The La Quinta Inn & Suites at Miami Airport EAST on Le Jeune Road was a difficult motel to find, by car, especially arriving from the north. You have to make a U-turn and come back around on N. LeJeune road and exit on to the service road.

Otherwise, check-in to the motel took an enormous amount of time. The motel front desk is severely under-staffed and needs more help there.

The motel does have a FREE airport shuttle and also provides a FREE shuttle to the Port of Miami. We used both as we had a Trans-Atlantic cruise to get to. Parking in their parking lot is FREE, but ONLY for a period of 7 days. Beyond 7 days, you must pay $5 per day for parking. The parking lot does have cameras and security. We left our car there for a period of about 17 days, without incident.

The room we were given which was 2 Queen beds was a small room, but the room’s condition was clean and orderly. The TV could have sat higher up, though. Surprisingly for the price we paid, there was NO refrigerator in our room. That was a disappointment!

As for computers and the internet, there was one computer in the lobby, BUT you must pay about $0.50 cents per minute to use it for internet use – an outrageous charge!!

The FREE shuttle to the Port of Miami was behind schedule and didn’t pick us up until late. We were scheduled to leave at 10 AM; instead we got to the Port of Miami at 12 noon.

When flying back from Europe, the FREE shuttle bus to the airport came much quicker and we didn’t even need to call for the shuttle bus; it arrives on the upper deck where departures are at; NOT where the arrivals are at, so take note of that! Just look for the wording on the shuttle bus that reads, “La Quinta Inn EAST” printed on the shuttle bus and flag them down.

My only reason for recommending this motel is because they offer FREE parking for 7 days, FREE airport shuttle bus, and FREE cruise shuttle to the port of Miami. They do NOT offer a pick-up from the port back to the motel though.

They did offer a FREE breakfast, which was limited in scope I thought, but I believe I later learned they had waffles, which I didn’t see at first.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed at this La Quinta because we flew in late to Miami and needed a place to stay before we drove to Key West the next day. The hotel was basic and quiet, we had a king bed, a lounge chair and desk on the first floor. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room and we were able to rent a crib. The parking was free and the room was inexpensive, around $79 for the night. There is a Bennigans & the Enterprise car rental agency right next door. Since we had a car we were also able to drive to the grocery store the next morning to stock up. There was a free breakfast the next morning that was just average, but enough to get us on our way. They had high chairs available for our son even, which was nice for our meal. There didn't seem to be to much around and I definetly would not walk too far from the hotel and its complex at night. I didn't see anything happen, but there is a bridge and underpass that are not well lit very close by and seemingly nothing beside it. Average stay for an average price.

Sunnyvale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

This hotel is ideal for someone who is arriving in Miami the day/night before a cruise and needs a convenient place to stay. The hotel includes free airport shuttle (until 11pm?) and free cruise port transfer (from hotel to cruise port only, as far as I know). Breakfast is also included -- basically toast, cereal, waffles, coffee, and juice. This was everything I needed. The rooms are very clean. The only possible negative is that it's extremely close to the airport so you will hear the planes taking off unless you keep your room air conditioner running. This was not an issue for me. The staff is incredibly helpful. We needed to go out to buy some things that we forgot for our cruise. The desk clerk (can't remember her name, sorry) not only offered advice on where to go but also offered to pay for the taxi! I don't know if this is typical of all La Quinta Inns but I was very impressed by this level of service and will definitely be giving them my business in the future. This hotel has everything you need when passing through Miami!

ocala, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

First of all, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and secure. I felt very safe. But most of all, the staff was very friendly, courteous, and very accommodating from the very beginning (Raquel, and Mari). The location was fine, (a little noisy because of the airplanes). The free wi-fi was great and useful as well as the free breakfast. I would definitely recommend to everyone, especially for people families/tourists not familliar with the area.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

My mom and I stayed here the night before a cruise. Caught the free shuttle from the MIA airport to the hotel. Check in was easy and the front desk was very nice. We signed up for the free cruise port shuttle at that time. Room was average for a La Quinta. The blankets were a little spare and were tucked down really low. We were right by the highway and near the airport, but it was really quiet! There was a Bennigans within walking distance which was nice because there was no restaurant at the hotel. Breakfast was very busy in the morning. A queue was starting and people just started going into it, except it was only for the toasters! It was hard to tell though because the food was in a little room away from the seating. The free shuttle to the cruise port was great. If we take another cruise out of Miami, I would definately choose this hotel again. I have had really good luck with La Quinta.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!