“Tired, dingy, dumpy room” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 NW 42nd Ave (LeJeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #55 of 111 Hotels in Miami
San Francisco, California
“Tired, dingy, dumpy room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This place should probably be torn down and built anew. It has long lived its usefulness.
It is also overpriced at 169.00 a night. The location in Doral is much better and fresher. I stay at La Quinta because i don't like cheap hotels but this is like a cheap hotel except you are paying a bundle.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and free shuttle, as I was on a budget and had an early morning flight. I called the hotel a few weeks prior to my arrival to learn the details of the shuttle pick-up, and then re-confirmed the day before my arrival.

On arriving in Miami, I proceeded directly to the location where the shuttle should arrive. I was told it came every 15 minutes. After about 25 minutes of waiting in the heat and humidity (and being 6 months pregnant), I called the hotel to see if I was in the wrong place. They confirmed that I was OK, and the driver was just returning from break, and would arrive any minute. After another 30 minutes of waiting, I again called the hotel. They checked with the driver, who HAD NEVER GOTTEN OFF BREAK, and let me know that they just watched him leave the parking lot. So, 90 minutes after arriving at the airport, I finally arrive at the hotel. They only had one receptionist, and since the bus was packed, check-in was slow. The room smelled of burnt plastic and cigarettes, and the air conditioning was horrible. Check-out was fine, but the receptionist was rude.

All in all, disappointing, and I'd never stay in a La Quinta again.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is ancient! It needs to be totally redone from top to bottom. The beds are very uncomfortable, and the pool area is disgraceful. The surrounding location itself has been a construction area for the last 3 years, yet nothing seems to change. We stayed because of the free shuttle to the port of Miami, but it wasn't worth it!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Glyfada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are waiting about 2 hours outside the airport and waiting for the shuttle bus... What other comments to add.
Two couples and I, we were waiting outside airport the Shuttle bus, on 16th March evening. The front desk informed us that the bus is passing every 30 minutes. But how 5 peoples can not see the bus to passing 4 times??
Finally the bus of La Quinta West picked up us and transfer all to our hotel.
The bus of la quinta east, was there and the driver talked to his mobile !!!!!
I don't think that I will choose again this hotel. Moderate hotels are available so many in Miami. However, I don't think that 153 usd/night for a simple room is moderate, without services (restaurant, good shuttle bus services, poor wifi, etc).

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If this is Helpful let me know. Booked this La Quinta because we got a great rate and parking while on a cruise. As well they provided transportation to the Cruise terminal and for $10 more pp which you book in the AM they will pick you up upon your return.
We arrived at the hotel which was difficult to find if you've never been to miami or the airport area. It has that old La Quinta run down look and hasn't been updated in a long time. If you are Flying well you can't get any closer than this hotel either your at the end of the runway! Our room wasn't ready and Cesar at the front desk was outstanding as well as the manager that came out after to apologize as well. Apparently we were getting one of their superior rooms. Hey we are max relax travellers for the most part and had no problems waiting. We get our room not much later and it was a large room, awkward with a king bed a tv and a couch. It looked like it could have been 2 normal rooms. Anyway, it was a bit grungy but after inspecting the bed and no bugs we were good with the room As long as its clean we can live with it for the $135 we paid.
NOW the BAD, we woke up in the AM for breakfast opened the door and see about 10 COCKROACHES scattering around the door. GROSS! Ok now our sleep felt very gross and disgusting. We checked through all of our luggage and didn't see any bugs in there but who knows if we brought them home now. Disgusting.
After talking to a new woman at the front desk she apologized made the excuse it was because of the construction near by. At any rate as I mentioned earlier the staff were excellent and she did the right thing by comping our room for the night.
I really hope this get resolved because this staff deserve to be working in a much better atmosphere.
So if you can handle the possibility of bugs then this location and service is excellent.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Herisau, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The area, Elevator and Gangways were very dirty. The rooms smaller than a normal La Quinta Hotel and the Price way to much for what they offer. I would not recommend this Hotel, although I normally always stay at La Quinta. The Airport West Hotel is much better.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Love the location of this La Quinta. We have stayed there many times when traveling by air, on a cruise or appointments at downtown hospitals. The employees are always most helpful The rooms are well maintained. We enjoy the light breakfast that is available until 9:AM.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!