“Not up to LaQuinta Standards” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Miami
middletown,ohio
“Not up to LaQuinta Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were extremly disappointed with our stay Saw roaches in hallway outside our room and a few dead ones in room Smell moldy and very smokey even though we asked for smoke free room breakfast was ok but just knowing they have roaches made us not want to eat and moldy smell is in lobby worse than other areas and that is close to where you eat Service was good and staff was friendly

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Collingwood, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I wanted to write about the service I received from Mr Omar De Jesus. From the moment I arrived he noticed I was tired and needed to get checked in. I had my dog coming all the way from western Canada and accompanying me to the Cayman islands. No easy feat when he is 130 lbs. He gave me a ground floor room on the end so I could bring the pup out for a walk easily. I had not slept in 2 days.
I had to have a very important form printed to get access to the Caymans and my server was not working on my phone . We tried everything. I realized I had not eaten all day and Omar suggested a wonderful Cuban restaurant that delivers. He was polite and efficient. giving all guest excellent service with a smile. No task was to much. He was the only staff member on and it was Busy for the time of the week. I have been on Resort Operations for the past 15 years and have operated 8 hotels. Was very impressed with the service. When I checked into the room I realized the AC was spitting water. The AC drain was plugged. I reported it to Omar and he offered to move my room. I said it was fine I turned off the AC as I do not use it when I sleep. By morning they had three copies of the form printed and waiting for me at the desk.
Outstanding service. The breakfast included was basic but satisfying. I would have liked to see brown bread or bagels. Some more healthy choices.
All and all a 9 out of 10 for sure.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent value for a clean, friendly overnight before and after a cruise. Transfer to the port was a plus and was easy and quick. Although there was some noise from the airport, it really was no bother. Airport transfers were timely and smooth.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Like many, we stayed here before our cruise. It is quick access from the airport with a free shuttle that runs every 30 minutes from the 2nd floor. The lobby smelled a little funny, but the rooms were clean. What caught us off guard was the great customer service. The staff desk were extremely friendly, efficient, and helpful. (The nearby restaurant is weird, maybe order in.) It is a little worn, but we liked the price. There is a free shuttle charter bus to the port. We would stay again if we're in Miami overnight.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Colona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

the hotel was very busy with guests going on a cruise. that was fun as they were all happy and looking forward to their journey. The hotel employees were very nice. I was disappointed that the hallway smelled like smoke. other than that it was very clean and nice.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very good location to go to any place in Miami and vicinities. Very clean and friendly people in the front desk. Breakfast is average. Not too much Tv channels available. Pool is good as the parking.memememememememememmememmememememememememememememmememememememememmemememmemememmemememememememmemememem

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Orlando, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Check Inn Staff was very helpful and friendly. Great hotel for an overnight near the Airport or Port. They offer Parking while you are cruising and free transportation to the Port. The return trip was $10.00 per person and pick up was as planned. Nice Breakfast with some hot food. Rooms are average but expected for the price paid All at a reasonable rate

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!