“The place to stay for a cruise” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Miami
New Jersey
“The place to stay for a cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2008

Stayed for one night before our cruise. La Quinta Inn picked us up at the airport, and the next day drove us to our cruise ship for no cost. This service was great. The cost from the cruise ship back to the airport was $30.00. The hotel is a great savings. We had to order out for our dinnerm since the Hotel serves no lunch or dinner, but there a tables to eat at the hotel. There our a number of pizza restaurants that deliver. The next morning the Hotel gives a great breakfast for free. The Hotel is clean and the front desk is very helpful. Being close to the airport means you will hear planes, but was still able to get a good nights sleep. Hey, for the first time, after we were in our room for about a half hour, the front desk called, asked if our room was OK and that if we needed anything, just give them a call. They are there 24 hours a day. The rooms are plain and the bed was very good. I asked some other guests what they thought and all agreed that this is the place to stay for a night when you have a cruise the next day. NJ Ralph

• Liked — Airport and cruise ship service.
  • Disliked — No place close to eat dinner.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

Stayed here one night pre-flight. It's very near the airport, although located down a slightly out of the way road, possibly not the easiest hotel to find if you're driving. However, we're British and were driving around Miami for the first time - at night - and we managed it, so it can't be that difficult! I thought this was rather an nice place actually. Comparing it to a Comfort Inn, where we had stayed previously, this seemed more upmarket. The room was bigger and the bathroom was too. There was more choice at the breakfast buffet. I don't think anyone should stay here for an actual holiday, but this is designed as a stopover place, and I think it performs that role perfectly well. There's a big car park also.

• Liked — Pleasant, spacious room
  • Disliked — Room rate was high
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hannibal Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

My wife and I along with ten other friends stayed here one night pre cruise. The hotel was clean the staff friendly and helpful.

The restaurant next door had closed but there are at least four pizza places that deliver. The hotel desk clerk suggested that the best in the area was the Pizza Hut and Papa Johns. She was right. They let us use the breakfast area for our group pizza dinner.

The free shuttle to the port for our cruise was comfortable and on time. What more could you ask for a one night pre cruise hotel at such a good price. Well I could ask for a real restaurant near by, but not much else :-)

Larry

• Liked — Free shuttle to port, friendly staff, price
  • Disliked — No close restaurant
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

Me, my boyfriend, and two other couples stayed at this hotel before boarding a cruise ship the next day. The only good thing I have to say is that the breakfast was good. The front desk staff was rude. One of the only reasons we booked there was the free shuttle to the port, the front desk employee told us he couldn't guarantee we could get on the shuttle. There was barely anyone staying there! The rest of our trips to the desk we were treated rudely. The rooms were semi clean but outdated and we could hear people in the rooms around us. You definitely get what you pay for but I would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here before leaving on a cruise out of the port of Miami. The only reason we stayed at the La Quinta was because of the free shuttle to the port. I arrived before my boyfriend around 4:00pm. My taxi driver coming from the Ft. Lauderdale airport laughed when I told him where I was staying, as did the Miami businessman who was sharing the cab with me. They both warned me that the location was dangerous and the area was really run-down. Also, that there was NOTHING near the hotel. Needless to say, I was really nervous checking in, since my boyfriend would not be arriving until very late in the night. Check-in was smooth. The hotel is dated, and there was a boarded up restuarant in the front. There is also a boarded up Bennigans next door. Basically, the only near-by dining option was the restaurant inside the Embassy Suites which was a five minute walk away. Their restaurant was a little pricey with entrees starting at $20.00. I was not going to pay that to eat at a hotel restaurant the day before going on a cruise! I opted to have pizza delivered to my room (which was was awful!) Looking back on it, I would have requested the shuttle to take me back to the Miami airport to eat. My boyfriend arrived later, and also remarked about the run-down, scary location. We grabbed a quick bit to eat in the morning, then got on the shuttle to the port. I realize that anyway near an airport is probably going to be a little shady, but next time I would pay the extra money to stay somewhere nicer. It met the needs of a place to stay with the free shuttle...

• Liked — free shuttle to port
  • Disliked — location
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

Can't understand all the complaints about this hotel. It is a basic, budget hotel. Don't expect luxury, but it is a basic, good, clean place to shower and sleep. If that's all you want, as we did while waiting to fly out to Peru, then this place is fine. I wouldn't want to spend a week's vacation here, but as a stopover for an airport transfer, this place fits the bill. It's perfectly clean and safe, with not a lot of noise. We found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

We had to deliver our rental car at Dollar and after that fly from Miami Airport. This LQ-motel was closeby and had a very reasonable price ($95). It was also close to the rental-car-returns (8 minutes walk). That was the main reasons for us to book this hotel.

In other reviews people are making remarks on the noise (staff, planes), but I did not notice that at all.

As the most airport hotels: sleep, shower, leave. Nothing more, nothing less.

The ladies behind the counter (one was called Evy) were extremely nice and friendly, just as the guy driving the shuttle-bus.

• Liked — Location, helpful staff
  • Disliked — Breakfast ends at 9, no restaurants closeby
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!