“Another great La Quinta” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #64 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“Another great La Quinta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

One of the better La Quintas.Very clean,staff very friendly and informative. Pool was nice and clean.Free shuttles to Miami Port if you are heading on a Cruise.Very close to Airport. Room was clean and breakfast was great and free ! Good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I went there for a night, resting to catch a flight on the next early morning. The room is not so big, but the beds are confortable. The staff is friendly. The corridors have a strong smoke smell.
It is worth it for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Overnighting in Miami with an early departure. Great location, free shuttle, free breakfast. Did not notice planes flying overhead. Staff were hepful and well informed. Room was typical for the chain, which is really quite good.

Room Tip: We had lots of luggage so should have asked for a room closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Clair Shores, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Bathroom dirty, floor hadnt been washed in long while. Carpet not cleaned in any corners in years. Location is not safe. I was told by a trusted employee not to leave the property. It surely looks nice from the outside! Deceiving. Breakfast was good though but crowded. Shuttle drivers courteous and friendly. Was referred to to a delivery from local Cuban restaurant to room. It was amazingly good, wish I remembered name to restaurant. I would give them fantastic reveiws.

Room Tip: Check beds for bugs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
LONG ISLAND, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

A free shuttle bus to the cruise ship dock makes this a good choise for a mid price hotel. A nice simple breakfast compliments the stay. The only problem is those of us without autos have a limited choice of walkable restaurants. The area is under construction and difficult to walk around. (Nov. 2013). Please note it is also set back from the road and hard to find.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Converse, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I booked at this location for one reason and one reason only. I was going on a cruise and the employee said that the free shuttle would pick me up from the port. Front Desk clerk once I called in to schedule a pick up from the port the lady at the frobt desk was 5he rudest person I have ever spoke wuth. She stated we only takr u one way we dont pick up. You have to find your own way. I was livid. Then she stated we dont have a room for you and yiu have to wait. Once I paid for Super Shuttle to oick me up and drop me off I walked in she didnt greet me didnt acknowledge I was even there. The lobby reaked of urine and sour water. She helped someone who walked in after me before me. I walked up and she was still fairly rude. Offered me a bottle of water and krackers after she checked me in. I took a picture of the free shuttle sign which didnt have any restrictions that guest should know about that they denied me. Housekeeper blocked me with linen cart from getting on the elevator. Asked for management to call ne while I was there and no call. While in ny room people kept trying to get in my room. Called front desk and asked if they had security and they said yes. I tokd them people were trying to get in my door. The clerk say yeah we have security and oh my assistant manager left you a coupon at our desk. I said I don't want a coupon fix the problem. He said oh abd hung up. Less rhan 10 minutes later someone was trying to kick in my door. And because I had a lack of money to pay for another hotel and for a cab I didnt and could sleep because of fear. The front desk that morning was equally rude telling me place your card in the basket and you can leave. I got on the shuttle. I called back to let them know that my card was charged 3 tines and the assistant manager belittlled ne was crazy rude. I wasbt going to call corporate on the property but when managers are ruder than the staff something us wrong. I should of let my brother book me at the Sheraton but my loyalty to LaQuinta clouded my judgement

• Stayed October 2013
Somewhere in VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My overnight stay at this La Quinta was not a good experience. The shuttle bus from the airport was good and free so that was a plus, and the shuttle takes you to the port of miami for boarding cruise ships. The room was average just as someone else stated in their review, we had 7 menus under the door when we arrived. The only comfort was the bed, and that's after I pulled back the sheets and checked for hair, and under mattress for bugs. The other added plus was a fridge and microwave in our room. However, the iron board didn't stay it kept falling,then as I was brushing my teeth I see baby roaches in the corner. I called to the front desk and I told the lady, she said "I believe you, we've had complaints before" and offered me a free night. If there's baby roaches, then there big roaches and that for me doesn't warrant another stay at a La Quinta Inn & Suites. I do have photos of the roaches, but that's disgusting to upload as a traveler photo. Only reason why the value was rated excellent is because it was free.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!