“Don't expect too much” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Wichita, KS
“Don't expect too much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

After an hour or more wait for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport I found myself standing #2 in line to register and figured things were picking up -- WRONG. I stood there and stood there and stood there while the desk clerk and the man ahead of me carried on a conversation in Spanish about heaven only knows what but it must have been awfully funny. The place is old and worn to a frazzle. We had a room on the top floor so when the planes take off to the east you could hear and feel them go by. The breakfast was about average for this type of hotel which isn't saying much.

We ate at the Bennigans next door to the hotel and it is as old and worn as the hotel and the food was if not worse.

Room Tip: Stay off the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Upon arrival at the airport I called the motel about needing a shuttle and was told they were on their way. Within the next 1 hour and 20 minutes I called two more times and an airline worker called once. Each time we were told they were on their way. I had my mother and aunt with me who are 72 and 75 years old. After a long day of traveling, that was too long to stand outside in the heat. Also the next morning there was a gentleman in the lobby who asked us to purchase tickets for transportation from our return trip from the cruise port to the airport when we returned from our cruise. Because of the previous night's experience we declined. He was then very disrespectful and rude. Because of this I will never stay at a La Quinta again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hendersonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel! The only downside is that there isn't a decent restaurant within walking distance. Bennigans is horrible and I was sick from the grease after eating there, (see that review!) The hotel was fine and we were treated nicely. Breakfast is okay, nothing special, but we didn't expect it to be gourmet. The proximity to the airport and the accompanying noise did not bother us. We were on the second floor. Airport and cruise transportation was timely. No complaints. Just plan to spend a few bucks, get a cab and go to a nice restaurant. Location for incidental shopping isn't good, so plan ahead. There is a gas station mini mart a few blocks away for wine, soda, beer and stuff, but there isn't sufficient sidewalk to walk there. We did, but it wasn't the best hike.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at a La Quinta Inn and overall was very impressed with both price and value. This particular property is very convenient for Miami airport and for the freeway. Both check-in and check-out were quick and staff very friendly. The room was spacious, very clean and great for one night. It didn't have a fridge or minibar, but had a coffeemaker and breakfast is included. I didn't really hear any plane noise during the night, but was woken up by a plane taking off in the morning.

Breakfast was fine, a buffet which featured bagels, fruit, yoghurts, cereal. It also had a waffle maker. It was another plastic / styrofoam plates / cups affair, though, which I just don't particularly like.

My only complaint (and that's not against the La Quinta Inn) would be that there is not much around - I arrived quite late on a Saturday night and the only place to get something to eat is a Benningans next door. I won't even grace that with a review, but it was one of the worst meals I had in a while. The hotel has take out menus and quite a few restaurants deliver - bear that in mind if you arrive late and hungry.

I would definitely stay here again, I thought it was great value for money and really convenient for my purposes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
The Villages, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

LA Quinta is turning into my favorite hotel chain. We stayed at this one for an overnight and departed the next day on a cruise out of Miami. Hotel provided breakfast and transportation to cruiseport as well as 7 days parking for our car. All at a very reasonable AARP rate. Only complaint was that it was a very difficult location to find as a series of roads and highways intersected in a very crowded area. Also, consider this hotel for 'park/fly' too as it is right next to airport.

• Stayed September 2013
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable but the AC was loud and continually ran. The free breakfast also left a bit to be desired. It was fine for free breakfast but I have had better at other locations. Surprisingly, the planes weren't too loud. Of course, loud AC drowned out the noise!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wonderful front desk staff, clean, comfortable rooms, speedy wi-fi, and plentiful, fresh breakfast. Bed was just what the back needed after a six hour car ride. Jets fly over the hotel, but limited noise heard in room. Service to and from port timely and pleasantly staffed. Nice, comfortable vans.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple