“Great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is great! There is a shuttle that picks you up from the airport. You don't even have to call them for a pickup. You just wait until they make the next drive by, there is one every 15 minutes. The front desk staff is very friendly! Check-in was really nice and rather quick. They have a sign up for people who are needing a shuttle to the Port of Miami for a cruise. The room was twice as big as any hotel room i have ever stayed in before. The breakfast was decent, nothing bad and nothing great. There wasn't much seating though. We ended up taking our breakfast up to our room. There is a quaint little restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kristen N

Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good hotel. Clean! Fresh!~ Everything you need for a basic stay. Free WiFi-great for the Verizon phone that does not cost when connected to WiFi. Air conditioning was on when I came in the room at a nice cool level so I didn't have to wait for the room to cool down. When I checked in I asked about a taxi for the next day. The desk clerk immediately helped me figure out the best time for the taxi to come and they booked it with the taxi company who were there waiting for me the next day. I had the best taxi driver Gregory 784-406-3570 who was able to transport me all day to where I needed to go. I just called him up and he would come and get me for the next part of the journey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EJBDOB
Lutz, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

It seems that this particular LQ has issues with the AC. We noticed that the knobs of the AC console were taken away; hence, it was impossible to adjust the temperature to our preference. Not only the AC knobs were missing in our room, but also in the AC next to the 3rd floor elevator. We noticed that it was an issue in the breakfast area as well, since it was very warm with a musty smell all over the place. On the other hand, the room was clean and the staff was corteous.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank WEdmee
Lithonia, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel and the front desk staff were very courteous and helpful. I love that fact that they offer free shuttle to and from the airport which was very close by. Also, going to the port was affordable and convenient. Thanks again front desk staff. I will be booking my next hotel stay with La quinta....great service and clean hotel!

Room Tip: Second floor is much better less smoke smell
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank yesiwill
Flushing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel and it was a wonderful experience. I was greeted with such a pleasant attitude during check in and check out at the front desk. I will definetly come back to this hotel again...loved it all!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Yessenia A
jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night pre-cruise as we were leaving from the Port of Miami and it definitely fit our needs. It'd be nice to have a microwave in the room but the free airport shuttle AND free port shuttle were IDEAL! It was easy to book our rides to/from the airport and to the port. It was all hassle free. Check in was ok and the rooms are spacious and clean. The AC worked, the beds were comfy and we had no problems with the bathroom or noise! I'd stay again if I were leaving for a cruise from the Port of Miami.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nikkiniks
istanbul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We arrived in Miami very late due to a delayed flight and had difficulty locating the hotel. This was very upsetting because we had chosen the hotel because of its proximity to the airport. The hotel is located on a back road and hard to see from the busy roads around it. We recommend that you print directions and a detailed map to take with you. The rooms are alright but the breakfast area is very squeezed and gets very crowded quickly. The smell of the waffle-maker wears on you if you sit down for breakfast. Breakfast ends at 9:00 and it is not clear why. Because we went to bed at 3:00, we were able to come down at 9:00 to find that everything was already removed.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a quiet room when the hotel is busy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple