“Great Place To Stay Prior To A Cruise” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Bolton, Ontario, Canada
“Great Place To Stay Prior To A Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to a Transatlantic cruise. Pick up at the airport was free and we waited about 20 minutes for the van to arrive. Check-in took a matter of minutes and the clerk was very pleasant.
Our room was sizeable and clean. We had no complaints.
The next morning, we enjoyed a large deluxe continental breakfast which included make-your-own waffles.
The shuttle to the cruiseport was also free and it left at the scheduled time.
We have other cruises planned from the Port of Miami and will certainly be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Poinciana, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were driving a rental to Miami before a TA cruise. This hotel was convenient to returning the car. It also has transportation to the Port of Miami. Do not forget to book the port transfer the day before the cruise. The room was very quite which was my concern being at the end of the runway. The only problem is the lack of eatable restaurants in the area, do not go to Bennigan's. I recommend eating at the airport if you do not have a car. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

great staff, great rooms, wonderful mattress/comforter & pillows were so very comfortable. considering we were @ the airport and in the flight path w/ jets taking off every 3mins. we stayed on the first floor & did not really hear the jets. sleep like logs.... i will certainly stay there again...also they are pet friendly...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great place to stay & leave your car while flying in/out of MIA. Free shuttle over & back. Good price and room was nice, but the air conditioner sounded like a garbage disposal when running. Breakfast was edible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I read the reviews prior to reserving this hotel and thought it would be OK. I was horribly wrong. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk was really nice, so I thought this was an overall reflection of the entire hotel. I did notice the lobby needed to be cleaned, but I continued checking in. When we arrived in our room, I wasn't blown away. I didn't expect the Sheraton, but I DID expect it to be clean. It was just OK. The sheets and towels did appear to be clean. We left for a few hours and when we returned and turned the lights on, I saw a huge roach in the bathroom on the floor. I was terrified. I am extremely terrified of roaches and rodents. I chased it and killed it to prevent it from crawling on us as we slept. I went downstairs and explained that we had a roach in our room and Daile offered to switch us to a new room. We went down to the first floor room, which smelled like urine. I went back up to room 216 to finish packing my belongings and my cousin noticed a roach crawling in her bed. Then my cousin saw another roach crawling under the sink by the entrance door. Then we saw a fourth roach on the wall. I went downstairs and told Daile that we just wanted to leave. She refunded our money. As a result of this trickery, we drove around to every hotel in the surrounding area for 2.5 hours trying to find a room. The hotels were all booked. We ended up driving 30 minutes away to Dania for a hotel. I called the manager yesterday morning and she offered me one free night stay at another La Quinta. I will see if I receive the certificate in the mail. She said that people don't NORMALLY complain of multiple roaches in their room, so I guess I am not the FIRST person to complain about roaches at this particular establishment. I will NEVER stay here again EVER!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sherman Oaks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family of four used this hotel as the overnight stay before a cruise. Hotel room was small and a bit worn but served its purpose well for a one night stay. The free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise terminal is a major reason we chose this hotel and worked as advertised. The AM breakfast was tasty too - loved the waffle maker. I would stay here again if cruising out of Miami.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!