“1 STEP SHORT OF AN HOURLY MOTEL...IJS” 1 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #59 of 130 hotels in Miami
Dallas, Texas
“1 STEP SHORT OF AN HOURLY MOTEL...IJS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel is definitely 1 step short of an hourly motel. It is OLD, the room doors are hard to close and the lock on my door, barely worked! When you walk in the room, there are flyers from various restaurants on the floor. I overheard the front desk advising another guest not to use/trust those. (But, those restaurants are allowed to slide the flyers under every door...WTH!!!) I could hear the people next door to me...thank goodness it was a family of 4 as opposed to a couple! Beginning at 8am I heard drilling on the other side of me. It went on for at least 4 hours! WTH!!! I called downstairs to ask what it was, they stated it was the rooms being worked on. I had to turn the TV up to LOUD AS HALE in order to hear it over the drilling. The shower curtain was ripped! The carpet was old and nasty. I slept with my clothes on, in case I had to do a quick escape. The staff was extremely nice and professional, but that would not make me return to that dump!!!

Room Tip: If you don't mind where you lay your head...this may not be too shabby for you. But, if you car...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Antigua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you are in need of the best hotel, near the airport, then this is definitely it. The drive is approximately 7 minutes with traffic from the airport. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff very courteous. I always pay attention to how the front office staff handles the customers. I arrived on a Friday night with a host of pre-cruise guests (now that was a tough crowd with lots of bags and kids and noise and what looked like major confusion). The staff kept their cool and dealt with each person in turn. The front view was not the best as the property is behind what looks like a boarded up building of some sort. I found the entrance ceiling low and not quite the sunny space of other properties. However, the real value is in the short distance from the airport, the healthy start breakfast full of options, free internet and free airport shuttle. The staff really does their best to make you comfortable and meet your needs. The only disappointing thing was the vending machine advertised Welches grape juice and I ended up with grape soda (but small matter compared to all the other positive things). I would stay here any day over Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the night before a recent cruise from the Port of Miami. For the price, we thought it worked out pretty well. It is not in a fancy area and there is not much around but we were able to get a decent meal and a couple drinks at the restaurant just across the parking lot.

After a long day of travel, Lyn at the desk handled the crowd very well on her own and had us all checked in fairly quickly. The room was clean and quiet, with a comfortable king bed and a nice clean shower for the morning.

We had plenty of choices for the free beakfast, and used the free shuttle (FIVE busses full) to get to the port.

It was a convenient and relaxing start to our trip. They got us off on the right foot! I would stay here again for the next cruise.

Room Tip: If plane noise really bothers you, you may think twice BUT I am a light sleeper, and our room oppos...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family and I stayed here before and after our cruise. I chose this hotel because of the free airport shuttle and free shuttle to the Port of Miami. I was also able to schedule a lift back to the hotel after our cruise for just $30 (2 adults 2 kids). The hotel was clean, staff very friendly, and even though we stayed on the 4th floor before our cruise we had no trouble sleeping. You can hear the planes, but with the noise from the air conditioner it muffled the sound. The breakfast was ample, with many things to choose from, and not overly crowded when we got there at around 8:00, but soon filled up by 8:45, but still plenty of food available.
For our stay after our cruise we arrived at the hotel very early around 10:30 but were able to check into our room at this time which was very very great, as we were all tired from an early start that morning. The kids were able to swim in the pool which was clean, and we ate at the restaurant next door, food was o.k., prices were high. I definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We reserved this hotel for the benefit of free transportation to the Port of Miami on cruise day. The hotel was very busy, but registration and departure were done quickly and efficiently. Our room was very spacious, clean and quiet. For cruise departures this was a very reasonably priced accommodation. Breakfast was chaotic on cruise day, but the food was good and plentiful. Next door is Bennigan's for evening dining.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the deluxe room for just a few dollars more. Total cost around $133 with free transp...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!