“A Black Friday Get A Way” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 Northwest 42nd Ave (Le Jeune Rd), Miami, FL 33142   |
Ranked #61 of 129 hotels in Miami
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“A Black Friday Get A Way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My daughter and I decided to spend Thanksgiving in Miami & Black Friday shopping. We didn't want to spend a lot on room that we were just going to shower & sleep in and of course store all our shopping bags! This hotel was great for that. Our room had a microwave, mini fridge, coffee pot, awesome flat screen tv. The staff seem to speak very little English but they were nice & took time to try to understood when we needed extra towels/coffee. For breakfast you have to get up early or else you ll miss it, when it's gone it's gone. We had fruit juice, cereal, bagels & boiled eggs. The airplanes are noisy so if you are looking for a quiet stay this wouldn't be the hotel for you. My daughter & I started out early most days & when we came in from shopping & touring Miami we showered & were so wiped out the planes didn't bother us. We
would stay again, just depends on what's on our agenda.

Room Tip: The lobby area was really busy with flights coming in all night we stayed on the 2nd floor less traf...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

722 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times before. It is exactly what you need for a quick stay-over in Miami for a few days. The rooms are clean, amenities sufficient and service good - you get a TV, microwave, mini fridge in the room. There is a free shuttle to and from the airport and a free shuttle to the Port of Miami if you plan to go cruising (which I used once). You also get free parking, free Wi-Fi and free breakfast. There is also a pool on the compound, but which I never used.The hotel is also conveniently located, so you have easy access to Miami from there. There is a Bennigans just next door if you need something to eat. The only downside was that it tended to smell a lilt smokey at time. All in all though, this is a good value for money and I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rishon Letzion
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

we are family that spend on this hotel only one night before our flight.
the service that we get from hotel staff was great and halpful.
the room was clean and AC was just fine.
the breakfast was excellent with all you need for kids breakfast and more such as wafers and maple

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was close to the airport but we had several issues awhile staying here. First, the entry doors in the back and side of the hotel wouldn't shut. Anyone could have come in at any time so their security could use an upgrade. Second, their breakfast was minimal at best. The second morning we were there, the line was about 10 people long, so by the time we got to the food, it was pretty much all gone. All that was left was dry bagels and yogurt. We didn't even bother to go on the third day. Overall, I'd say this is not a hotel we will return to.

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago and Beyond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked this at the last minute for a cruise overnight and really didn't get much of a deal. I used the AARP rate, but I think I could have done better using a discounter. I was worried about the hotel, and thought that it would be okay as I was there only for one night. La Quinta East offered free shuttle to/from the airport MIA as well to the Port of Miami, so it couldn't be beat.

I was really surprised when I checked in. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. I arrived at 10 am and I knew no room would be ready so they stored my suitcase for me, but I went and sat out at the pool until 2 pm. Nice pool, if you like hearing airplanes landing and taking off this is the place to do plane spotting. The room was really nice, better than I was expecting. While sitting at the pool I realized that this hotel is located just behind the Embassy Suites, where I had stayed 2 years earlier pre-cruise. Actually I was much happier at La Quinta than the Embassy Suites, in fact the Embassy Suites at that time was not offering free Port shuttles (see my review).

Since being in a cast rendered me unable to walk anywhere I ordered dinner from a local pizza joint, however there is a Bennigan's in the out lot of the hotel. There are also flyers shoved under the room doors from many restaurants that deliver in the area.

Breakfast was crowded, but that is to be expected when the entire clientele seems to be going on a cruise. I just grabbed some toast and a hard boiled egg and ate it in the room. The waffle station was backed up and not worth waiting for. Otherwise it was nice to have a small bite before getting on the ship and haivng lunch.

I cannot comment enough on the friendliness of the front desk staff. Always very friendly with a welcoming hello and also helpful answering questions that I had. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip before a cruise. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel was a good value for us as a family, We would stay here again . This hotel is close to the airport so you can hear the planes from time to time. We found the staff friendly and helpful . Breakfast is busy and enough. If you are taking a cruise, heads up it is busy! We rented a car from thrifty , upon returning the car to the airport Thrifty we drive you to the cruise and it was very quick.
On the all this hotel suited all our needs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East? Share your experiences!